Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 68,251 times)

thecaffeinatedone

I'm pretty upset about the delay, but it's understandable when examined, I hope Gearbox uses the time to make the game much better.

anndrayya

Quote from: Jayshum on May 21, 2012, 01:36:00 PM
My guess for this, is that it's now internally known within the industry that GTA V will release in October. That, combined with Halo 4 and the new CoD, makes this a sensible decision in my opinion. I understand if you're pissed off about this, but I'm really looking forward to GTA and Halo as well as A:CM, so this is fine with me (more time to savour it when it releases). :D

Even if its for the best I'm still pissed. And I'm all for devs taking their time, and striving for perfection blah blah blah....

I will still be getting it, I still think it will be good, and I'm still mad.

newbeing

Yeesh people are really taking things so personal on either side. It's just a game after all so why make the disagreements so harsh? We're all Aliens fans here so no need to show malice :D

It's perfectly fine to be critical, I mean we are spending our hard earned cash on this and we have been burned many times in the past, but it's helpful to be constructive too. Nor is it wrong to get excited. I mean hey, a few years ago we didn't even know if this game was alive.

As with anything there is a chance of disappointment, but there is always the chance of something being better than expected.

I just hope it's fun enough for my friends, who are not huge Aliens fans, to want to play it for a long period of time after its release or better yet that its so good it reinvigorates the franchise for a whole new generation.

My only concern is that it comes out a few weeks before BioShock: Infinite, which could really cut into some of the game's sales and online activity. I guess we'll see what happens.

mastermoon

Face it people the big delay was horrible.

They should of rushed this game so all of us could own it for once.

ShadowPred

Quote from: newbeing on May 22, 2012, 01:15:18 AM
Yeesh people are really taking things so personal on either side. It's just a game after all so why make the disagreements so harsh? We're all Aliens fans here so no need to show malice :D

It's perfectly fine to be critical, I mean we are spending our hard earned cash on this and we have been burned many times in the past, but it's helpful to be constructive too. Nor is it wrong to get excited. I mean hey, a few years ago we didn't even know if this game was alive.

As with anything there is a chance of disappointment, but there is always the chance of something being better than expected.

I just hope it's fun enough for my friends, who are not huge Aliens fans, to want to play it for a long period of time after its release or better yet that its so good it reinvigorates the franchise for a whole new generation.

My only concern is that it comes out a few weeks before BioShock: Infinite, which could really cut into some of the game's sales and online activity. I guess we'll see what happens.

Oh, shit that's right Bioshock, well..I'll wait for A:CM much later then.

mastermoon

The company is wasting their time pushing the games release date.

If they wanna do fans a favor just rush the games production.

newbeing

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 22, 2012, 01:18:51 AM
Quote from: newbeing on May 22, 2012, 01:15:18 AM

Oh, shit that's right Bioshock, well..I'll wait for A:CM much later then.

I'm gonna have my cake and eat it too... then get evicted.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: mastermoon on May 22, 2012, 01:23:25 AM
The company is wasting their time pushing the games release date.

If they wanna do fans a favor just rush the games production.
You want this game bad... I can tell.  ;D Me too.

mastermoon

I don't give a rats ass if this was rushed.

The game really needs to stop endless production, thats gotten really old fast

ShadowPred

Quote from: mastermoon on May 22, 2012, 01:33:11 AM

I'm not even surprised this time, the first two times yes, but now it's just getting tired. I can't wait for The Spike TV Video Game Awards

Aliens: Colonial Marines - FALL 2013.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: mastermoon on May 22, 2012, 01:33:11 AM

Just go play the Alien: Resurrection game for PS1 if you want a rushed mediocre Aliens game so bad.

mastermoon

Not like I care anyway if it was rushed.

I understand movie's take years to make but video games???.

RagingDragon

Do you have anything else to say, bro?  We know your feelings towards rushed POS games vs. delays.  A new contribution would be nice.

I think the backlash from many members here is more than justified.  This will be the 4th, 4th delay.  That's not 1 or 2 or 3 but 4!

A case with 4 stones in it!

Spoiler
[close]

But seriously, that's pretty brash for a game that's been in the pipe, in one way or another, for a decade.  Give me a break.  Any game company would realize this, but apparently complaining about it makes people "haters."  Lol.

To be fair we've seen great progress, and have a definite release date, but these emotions are based on facts and a real past that's involved some heinous delays and development hurdles.

That's why smart companies like Valve and Blizzard have opted for the "when it's done" approach.  You don't have as much of this if the game takes for bloody ever.  As it stands, I say this reaction is deserved.  GBX has a spotty track record, and some of what we've seen in A:CM has been awful.  Duke Nukem was a flat disaster, and regardless of their level of involvement, many perceive GBX to be just as responsible as the other companies involved.

This is what creates the lack of trust that the time will be spent making some incredible game.  Especially with SEGA involved, yeesh.  As fans, we know jack.  They could've pushed it back simply to work on other projects and stop work on A:CM altogether, or because SEGA told them to for whatever financial reason.

I definitely prefer to err on the side of skepticism.

And personally, it's very easy for me not to buy a brand new game if I think the developers and/or development process have been questionable.  In fact, it's a much more difficult choice to shell out for a $60 game that's been dangled in front of my face forever, and could potentially suck.  You vote with your money, and the kids who get every new game they want from mom and dad have no concept of this.  They get every hyped-up game no matter what went into it or what took place during its' development.  This doesn't help the industry in any way.

Some of us do in fact have some sort of principle, and the self-discipline to back it up and speak with our money.

If GBX shows improvement, and that the delay was justified, sure as hell I'll buy it.  If not, and it's some fishy $ bs or nothing has really changed and we get some mediocre game, it's pawn shop time.  An easy decision.

SM

QuoteJust go play the Alien: Resurrection game for PS1 if you want a rushed mediocre Aliens game so bad.

There was long delays with that too.  Wouldn't call a game released 3 years after the film that spawned it "rushed". 

ShadowPred

Who here has gamefly?

Rent this damn game when it comes out, and tell us if it's worth the buy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed