Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 68,243 times)

Predaker

To say they won't continue to polish the game is not truthful or even realistic, its being delusional. There are a lot of factors that go into setting the release date, but they will use the time alotted to make what they hope is an awesome game. They know how much hype is behind this game, they talk about how they are crazy alien fans, and with each new release of material there have been improvements.

Quote from: SM on May 21, 2012, 11:21:16 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 21, 2012, 11:15:00 PM
Quote from: SM on May 21, 2012, 11:13:44 PM
What improvements?  What was actually new in this 'new' trailer?  The only thing that struck me as being different was the blood sprays which looked hokey as.  Everything else looked recycled from previous material.
What can I say? Haters gonna hate. :)

Bullshitters who say 'trust me', gotta bullshit.
Wow it was just a figure of speech, get over yourself already.

SM

I will when you stop spouting garbage.  Not holding my breath.

Quote from: d0mm2k8 on May 21, 2012, 11:24:25 PM
What improvements?  What was actually new in this 'new' trailer?
The sounds. Not much in all honesty but a huge deal for me.

Which sounds?  Some of the Alien sounds sounded a bit different.  Was there anything else?

Have they shown that shot of the player holding the Alien off with his bare hands before?  That made me  ::)

The Necronoir

What improvements?  What was actually new in this 'new' trailer?  The only thing that struck me as being different was the blood sprays which looked hokey as.  Everything else looked recycled from previous material.
The overall lighting and textures looked much better, especially on the aliens. So maybe nothing new in terms of actual scenes or in-game assets, but certainly looking much more polished.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predaker on May 21, 2012, 11:26:14 PM
To say they won't continue to polish the game is not truthful or even realistic, its being delusional. There are a lot of factors that go into setting the release date, but they will use the time alotted to make what they hope is an awesome game. They know how much hype is behind this game, they talk about how they are crazy alien fans, and with each new release of material there have been improvements.

You can't say that they will definitely be using the time allotted to make the game as good as they can make it. I don't mean to be arguing, but when you say that they WILL, it just seems like that's a fact, none of us can possibly know what they can do, the only thing is to hope that they will use the extra time to make the game better. Look at Too Human, Duke Nukem Forever, Daikatana, etc. These and other games went through so many delays, only to end up being shitty as hell.

SM

Quote from: The Necronoir on May 21, 2012, 11:30:35 PM
The overall lighting and textures looked much better, especially on the aliens. So maybe nothing new in terms of actual scenes or in-game assets, but certainly looking much more polished.

Any comparisons?  I thought the stuff we've seen in previous trailers looked pretty good.  Didn't see any noticeable improvement.  Woulda thought if they've imrpoved lighting and textures, they would've shown us some new gamplay footage to show it off, rather than recycled stuff.

Predaker

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 21, 2012, 11:31:20 PM

You can't say that they will definitely be using the time allotted to make the game as good as they can make it. I don't mean to be arguing, but when you say that they WILL, it just seems like that's a fact, none of us can possibly know what they can do, the only thing is to hope that they will use the extra time to make the game better. Look at Too Human, Duke Nukem Forever, Daikatana, etc. These and other games went through so many delays, only to end up being shitty as hell.
I am not predicting how they will spend their future time, its just blatantly obvious the game is far from finished. I believe they are still working on it. Those other games you mentioned are not good comparions because those were completely different situations.

RidgeTop

Watch the personal remarks guys.

chupacabras acheronsis

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predaker on May 21, 2012, 11:36:25 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on May 21, 2012, 11:31:20 PM

I am not predicting how they will spend their future time, its just blatantly obvious the game is far from finished. I believe they are still working on it. Those other games you mentioned are not good comparions because those were completely different situations.

Quotebut they will use the time alotted to make what they hope is an awesome game.

You sound pretty sure right there.

The other games I mentioned are actually good comparisons regardless of how much more terrible their situation was. I am just playing another devil's advocate here, I would want this game to succeed so that I could eat my own words.

That Yellow Alien

It's true that there are games that were delayed for long periods of time that ended up being shit. But there are games that were delayed that ended up good, like every Valve or Blizzard game ever. Being delayed can steer a game either direction, lets just hope its positive for this case.

ShadowPred

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 21, 2012, 11:51:26 PM
It's true that there are games that were delayed for long periods of time that ended up being shit. But there are games that were delayed that ended up good, like every Valve or Blizzard game ever. Being delayed can steer a game either direction, lets just hope its positive for this case.

Exactly, I want to be f**king wrong about this game, so wrong.

Spoiler
[close]

My first reaction to the description of what this game was going to be like years ago; that shit made me so f**king happy, I want to be as excited as I was back then, NOW.

spinksy

:D I love how all these people are saying that there now not going to buy it etc etc yet when the game comes out they'll be raving about it!

I am alittle bit gutted but if releasing it a few months further means a better game then I'm happy! I love avp 2010 but imagine how much better that would be with a few more months of the devolpers polishing it!

Still got plenty of awesome games till February anyway!!

SM

It's like how stacks of people read bad reviews of AvP flicks, but still shell out the dosh to see it, only to realise the reviews were right.

And then shell out again to buy it on DVD and Blu-Ray despite loathing it.

Predaker

Yeah. It's a good thing I never saw AvP:R or purchased AvP2010 (even on discount.)  :P

If this game turns out well, I will gladly buy it though. I'm hoping with that yellow alien. :)

Xenomrph

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on May 21, 2012, 11:18:21 PM
truthers gonna truth.
This would mean more if the haters were saying anything true. :)

Game looks great, can't wait to play it. People should probably wait and play the game before condemning it. I'm pretty sure the industry people who have gotten to play the game at PAX and whatnot have said it was a blast.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed