Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 68,887 times)

Deathly_rYaN

First of all, You people expected it to get pushed back! WHO CARES!?!

Extra Time + Effort = Better Game

Do the math. I don't care if it's delayed until next year. We've seen this before. But it's not a big deal.

To those who won't buy the game because of release? I mean really... Your gonna buy it anyway, your still gonna keep checking news about the game. Hell, your still gonna love it.  Just play the games that are out now and enjoy until next year... WOW!

SM

It was as if a million fan boys cried out in terror, but sadly weren't silenced...

The trailer gives us nothing new whatsoever.  Still looks kinda cool.

This made me laugh though...

Quote4 thing is important for a great game:
- a great story
- great voiceactors
- great soundtrack
- minimize the bugs

anything else wont matter so much, graphics for example, thats why i still play with games from the 90's

Only one of those things is really important and that's the last one.  The other three most important things are gameplay, gameplay and gameplay.

Those four things are more important for a non-interactive medium.  They're called movies.

Eldrik

DAMN, how many years has this thang been delayed now?...
But I'm hoping its for the best...it has to be at this point! It loox great so far!
But to the people that are so pissed about the delay that they claim they won't buy it when it releases....get real.
It's not like there's another Alien game coming out that you'll buy instead.  :P
I'm still on-board, SEGA/Gearbox/FOX!
*Ready to drop*

SM

Does this mean they have to recall all their promo material in video game stores that say 'COMING 2012'?

chupacabras acheronsis

i find it hilarious that people really think that when a game gets delayed they put any more work in it.

its like you've never been in a videogame release before.

shadowedge

Quote from: PHANTOM on May 21, 2012, 10:14:26 PM
It's not that the game is delayed that's pissing me off, it's the very simple fact they had more than enough time to make a solid game in and out.

It's like asking a lazy person to clean my car, but because you know he's lazy you'll give him a break and tell him you got two weeks to finish it when in reality it should only take a day for a top notch clean. Two weeks pass by and he only has the tires done ::)

Point is, if he needs more time that just goes to show you how much he f--king sucks. Sure if you give him two months to clean it will look nice but W T F kid?! It could have been done MUCH sooner and I could have been driving all this time.

What are you guys doing at Gearbox? You guys must be creating DX12 support with ultra photorealism graphics and cutting edge exploration gameplay that's gonna make Crysis 3 look like nintendo to justify another delay.

Something tells me ACM is still going to be a simple cardboard, dx9, meh graphics, linear level design, unoptimized PC FPS game that will still have plenty of bugs. And it won't be because Gearbox didn't have enough time, it will be because they suck at making games.

It happened to Duke Nukem Forever, and it's following the same errie pattern.

Does anyone know how big Gearbox is as a company? What about how many of the members are working on this game? Games take a long time to make with a lot of people. I don't think Gearbox is as big as EA or some other publishers. Fewer people means it is going to take more time.

Predaker

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on May 21, 2012, 11:06:39 PM
i find it hilarious that people really think that when a game gets delayed they put any more work in it.

its like you've never been in a videogame release before.
This is not your average cookie cutter game like COD, they basically built it from scratch. Trust me they are still working on the game.

SM

Is there any reason anyone should 'trust you'?

Predaker

Its fairly obvious as we have seen improvements with each new release of material. ::) you dont think they have a bunch of ideas they want to implement? Of course they will continue to polish the game. Their reputation will depend on it, and if they can make it better why not?

SM

What improvements?  What was actually new in this 'new' trailer?  The only thing that struck me as being different was the blood sprays which looked hokey as.  Everything else looked recycled from previous material.

Predaker

Quote from: SM on May 21, 2012, 11:13:44 PM
What improvements?  What was actually new in this 'new' trailer?  The only thing that struck me as being different was the blood sprays which looked hokey as.  Everything else looked recycled from previous material.
What can I say? Haters gonna hate. :)

chupacabras acheronsis

truthers gonna truth.

SM

Quote from: Predaker on May 21, 2012, 11:15:00 PM
What can I say? Haters gonna hate. :)

Bullshitters who say 'trust me', gotta bullshit.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on May 21, 2012, 10:55:01 PM
First of all, You people expected it to get pushed back! WHO CARES!?!

Extra Time + Effort = Better Game

Do the math.

Look back at some of video game history and tell me if EVERY game that had many years of development always ended up turning out to be good, this isn't the f**king rule.

d0mm2k8

What improvements?  What was actually new in this 'new' trailer?
The sounds. Not much in all honesty but a huge deal for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed