New TV Spot HUGE SPOILERS

Started by Qwertify, May 20, 2012, 06:44:42 AM

Author
New TV Spot HUGE SPOILERS (Read 162,106 times)

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

That was enjoyable, my Father caught that one and one of the other ones on TV and he said he wants to see it.

Shocking, since he really only kinda likes the Sequel. :D

EDIT: err, I don't mean Alien. He likes Aliens. I should've just said that instead. xD

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 21, 2012, 07:03:02 AM
That was enjoyable, my Father caught that one and one of the other ones on TV and he said he wants to see it.

Shocking, since he really only kinda likes the Sequel. :D

EDIT: err, I don't mean Alien. He likes Aliens. I should've just said that instead. xD

Most people unfortunately prefer the sequel over Alien.

Now that Scott has thought it over for 30 years and has the money he needs to flesh out his idea - hopefully people will prefer Prometheus over Aliens.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

That new spot certainly pounds home the ancient alien thing. About time the marketing was to the bloody point.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 21, 2012, 08:29:54 AM
That new spot certainly pounds home the ancient alien thing. About time the marketing was to the bloody point.

lol yeah - very much to the point. 20 seconds and we get:

We came from ancient aliens.
Its secret will be revealed in the movie.
"If you are going down there, you're going to die."

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

I love it - best TV spot so far IMO, thanks mate.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Deuterium on May 21, 2012, 05:36:43 AM
Yes...let's all keep taking those "happy pills" and tell ourselves it's all going to be alright.

Don't get me wrong, I for one will be ecstatic if Ridley can hit this out of the park...or at least, not make a new clusterf**k the likes we haven't seen since the Star Wars prequels.

But hey, if you folks can be happy with big Blue Guys, Von Daniken ancient astronauts, spitting in the face of Evolutionary Theory (and Science in general, for that matter), "space squid" and tentacle monsters...more power to ya'.

Yeah, I guess you can chalk me up as a naysayer, at this point.  Bring it on.  But don't say I haven't warned you to LOWER your expectations by a few orders of magnitude.

The stale processed ham of LMG, mutating crew [yawns all round - how predictable is this premise now, and how many times have we seen this, can it really be scary again when it never really was the first time round ?!] and finally for me, the 'piece de resistance' what looks to be potentially one of the worst and most uninspired 1950s B movie throwbacks in recent memory: a giant rubber space squid.........a f**king giant rubber looking squid monster ??!!!!........yeah, you could say my expectations are vastly reduced for this movie (and I dont care what you call it........... 'starbeast'.......?!.....to me its a latex looking space squid........and it looks shit)

(and I was one who bought his ticket way in advance)

yeah I dont want another 'Alien' clone, I'm happy for a different route, different story, different feel and pace......similar DNA but different outcome............but whod have thought that the DNA threads that brought us the original and magnificent xenomorph could also produce such a shit looking, uninspired, homicidal, latex space octopus ?!

Is this Ridley Scotts 'George Lucas moment' ?
The inclusion of Logan 'JarJar' Green provides a significant clue as far as Im concerned

Eva

Eva

Oh please... no comparisons between The JarJar Menace and Prometheus...  :D

One had no story of interest to tell by itself, but worked purely as a setup for the real storyline the writer/director wanted to tell, coming some 6 years down the line. When I re-watched this at a movienight some years ago, I dozed off... It's boring...

The other at the very least has a story at the center of it and is made as a selfcontained movie, much like the original Star Wars was. Whether the story works to your preferences is another matter though, but at least someone made the effort of writing one in collaboration with other people to get critique and second opinions and all...

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Qwertify on May 21, 2012, 06:59:48 AM
Another TV spot: nothing new - but the spot itself is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1aNmpLVm0o#ws

this is what a tv spot should look like before a premiere

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: JKS1 on May 21, 2012, 11:38:48 AMIs this Ridley Scotts 'George Lucas moment' ?

You seem to forget one fundamental difference between Lucas and Scott; Scott is a film director. Lucas is a daydreaming child with a lot of money and some talented friends.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Eva on May 21, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
Oh please... no comparisons between The JarJar Menace and Prometheus...  :D

One had no story of interest to tell by itself, but worked purely as a setup for the real storyline the writer/director wanted to tell, coming some 6 years down the line. When I re-watched this at a movienight some years ago, I dozed off... It's boring...

The other at the very least has a story at the center of it and is made as a selfcontained movie, much like the original Star Wars was. Whether the story works to your preferences is another matter though, but at least someone made the effort of writing one in collaboration with other people to get critique and second opinions and all...

Well said.

modprecar

modprecar

I reckon the space jockey kills the squid as in earlier trailer shaw fighting with burnt space jockey maybe acid for blood from the squid ,anyway space jocky is maybe inpregnated from the squid make his way back to crashed ship to set up his famous cannon of some sought & then smack bang out of his chest a new version of facehugger with his DNA also inpregnants shaw or vickers & thats how our famous Alien is born ( Remember space jockey body structure is like the Ailen ) just theory but i reckon im spot on

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Would people just stop judging this film based off a creature we haven't even seen already??

FOUR STAGES.

We've seen TWO.

Give it a Fukcing CHANCE! Jesus. ;) ;) :) :-X ::) :P ;D

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 21, 2012, 01:13:59 PM
Would people just stop judging this film based off a creature we haven't even seen already??

FOUR STAGES.

We've seen TWO.

Give it a Fukcing CHANCE! Jesus. ;) ;) :) :-X ::) :P ;D

Correction -

We know of two.  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :laugh:

Quote from: modprecar on May 21, 2012, 12:46:31 PM
I reckon the space jockey kills the squid as in earlier trailer shaw fighting with burnt space jockey maybe acid for blood from the squid ,anyway space jocky is maybe inpregnated from the squid make his way back to crashed ship to set up his famous cannon of some sought & then smack bang out of his chest a new version of facehugger with his DNA also inpregnants shaw or vickers & thats how our famous Alien is born ( Remember space jockey body structure is like the Ailen ) just theory but i reckon im spot on

It could be. I was thinking this. That maybe he himself is infected or mutated. Perhaps the Jockey never kills Starsquid but is just left alone after it is impregnated and Shaw gets away, hiding from the both of them.

mcj5644

mcj5644

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 21, 2012, 06:14:36 AM

...Prometheus is making a lot of connections it seems. Even if some of them are a bit on the vague side of things.

Very true, OpenMaw.  From what I can piece together, Prometheus seems to draw a bit from each of the following:

(1) That old episode of  Space: 1999 referenced by RustiSwordz, right down to the protagonist's utilization of an axe against the creature. That was an intriguing series that I can just barely recall from my own childhood.

(2) John Carpenter's The Thing (with respect to the whole "human mutation"/genetic manipulation horror concept; as well as the gruesomely-tentacled, shape-shifting beasties).

(3) Lovecraftian themes (see above).

(4) The "ancient astronaut" mythos.  Dubious, to be sure, but it's definitely in the mix. 

Of course, there's also the inherent connections to Alien, and perhaps even some metaphorical similarities to Blade Runner (we'll see about this last connection once the film finally opens).

I'm intrigued, no doubt ... but I'm also a bit apprehensive as to how all of this will actually "mesh" on-screen, know what I mean?  Prometheus will either be an utterly amazing movie (my sincere wish!), or a horribly incomprehensible jumble of different themes.

-MCJ 

ladyferry

ladyferry

I don't understand why people are already making the assumption that this movie is crap because of a few milliseconds of monster reveals in the latest trailers, chill the frackk out guys!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed