When should we avoid the forum if we don't want to be spoiled?

Started by Vickers, May 11, 2012, 11:34:54 PM

Author
When should we avoid the forum if we don't want to be spoiled? (Read 2,693 times)

Vickers

I don't really like thinking about this now but when is it safest to avoid this forum?  Would it be from 30 May?  Or is there another screening before then that anyone knows about?  I know some people have apparently seen the film (even though I have my doubts about some people who claim they have) but so far the forum still seems pretty safe to visit.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm already avoiding most of the Prometheus section (just clicking on a few threads like this one), but in the next week or so, I am going to completely abandon this part of the site. Maybe I'll even leave the site as a whole for a week when it comes out in the UK, just in case any spoilers make it to other parts of the forums (though members here are usually really good at keeping spoilers were they belong, I don't want to take any chances).

Cvalda

There needs to be a Prometheus Forum Refugees thread in Rec, for all you spoiler avoiders. :P

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2012, 11:41:32 PM
There needs to be a Prometheus Forum Refugees thread in Rec, for all you spoiler avoiders. :P

Start this thread now! :D

Vickers

Oh man, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.  :-\ I mean, I haven't been here as long as many of you have, but I already feel so addicted to this place.

And to be honest, it's not just this forum I'm worried about - I'm worried about the internet in general. :P

I won't be visiting IMDb, I'll probably be approaching movie sites with caution, I'll be avoiding twitter completely because I just know somebody is going to be an asshole and let something slip and considering avoiding Facebook too (which is uninteresting most of the time anyway).

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2012, 11:41:32 PM

OMG, yes!

Nightmare Asylum

I did the same thing before The Avengers came out. It was tough, but I was able to pull through :D I should be able to do the same thing here.

RustiSwordz

Ooze on First

Movie spoilers don't scare me.
If there were a novelization of Prometheus, I'd have no issuse with reading it before seeing the movie.

Knowing certain things, even important plot-points and scenes, is not the same as seeing it in person.

Vulhala

We're gonna have a 'Have you seen this?' thread. Anyone that posts outside of that and spoils the movie will be dealt with. If you can't help yourself but to look, that's your problem ;)

We're on it, guys :)

First Blood

Ash 937

Quote from: Vulhala on May 12, 2012, 12:41:36 AM
We're gonna have a 'Have you seen this?' thread. Anyone that posts outside of that and spoils the movie will be dealt with. If you can't help yourself but to look, that's your problem ;)

We're on it, guys :)

When you say "dealt with," what do you mean exactly?

I think that there should be severe repercussions for anyone who attempts to spoil the film for the rest of the community.  It just isn't right to do something like that to other fans.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 12, 2012, 01:39:44 AMWhen you say "dealt with," what do you mean exactly?

Possibly something involving a fire-axe. ;)

Great idea on the 'Have you seen this' thread. Hopefully it can contain it for the rest of us who are getting the film later than the UK.

OpenMaw

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 12, 2012, 01:40:56 AM
Possibly something involving a fire-axe. ;)

God, it's made of WOOD! Ugh... Totally unrealistic film.

Sorry. I had to do it. I just had to.  ;D

I honestly hope nothing serious. There are some fairy well-known pieces of information that could cross into spoiler territory, and accidents happen. It's one thing if someone does it on purpose and gets a severe punishment. Its another if someone is a poor judge of a particular piece of information.

Xenomorphine

Yeah, as of right now, it's coming up to about two weeks before a major public release - and test screenings have likely already taken place. This sub-forum already puts you in danger of accidentally reading important stuff if you visit here, if what happened around the time of 'Requiem' is anything to go by!

We try to separate stuff and I already put up the spoiler tag request, some time ago, but some people don't take notice, so... Enter at your own risk, basically. :)

Predaker

Quarantine the spoilers before the spoilers quarantine the fans! :)  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed