Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added)

Started by Shasvre, Mar 19, 2012, 06:36:54 PM

Author
Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added) (Read 82,109 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Gunflyer on Mar 25, 2012, 02:11:20 AM
So if Prometheus IS PG-13, it's not going to hurt the artistic vision of the film. Hell, by today's standards, the blood and gore in Aliens is pretty PG-13 IMHO, and there's actually relatively very little gore in the original Alien.
When I pay $15 bucks to see a movie at the cinema in 3D, I want to be seeing the actual film, not some studio compromised shadow of it. Knowing I won't see the actual film until I buy the Blu-ray months and months down the line is pretty goddamn annoying.

Also, the violence in both ALIEN and ALIENS is still hard-R stuff. There's just not much of it--a fact that people forget when they say "Alien and Aliens could be rated PG-13 today!"

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 25, 2012, 01:38:45 AM
Her blood is also colored completely different in the trailers: red in the UK trailer, green in the US.
If we get a PG-13 cut while the rest of the world gets an uncut version, I will be pissed. >:(
Oh god, don't get me thinking about what a catastrophe that'd be.

Quote from: Eva on Mar 24, 2012, 06:22:14 PM
Quote from: pen2paper on Mar 23, 2012, 08:57:33 PM
Similar red displays..?  :)

Here's another visual throwback to Alien in the new footage.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/35mpkzq.jpg
Great eye, I knew those reminded me of something from one of the past movies; just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 25, 2012, 02:17:43 AM
Her blood is also colored completely different in the trailers: red in the UK trailer, green in the US.
If we get a PG-13 cut while the rest of the world gets an uncut version, I will be pissed. >:(

Urgh, its shame that some directors cut down or edit a movie to fit a rating or appeal to a wider audience, leaving us only to wait for the Blu-ray/DVD to see the director's intended vision. For me, one of the biggest eye openers was Len Wiseman's Live Free or Die Hard PG-13 cut compared to his R cut. The R cut looked and felt like a Die Hard film firing (no pun intended) on all cylinders. And, it's annoying that the R rated cut hasn't been released on Blu-ray yet.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 25, 2012, 03:51:30 AM

Urgh, its shame that some directors cut down or edit a movie to fit a rating or appeal to a wider audience, leaving us only to wait for the Blu-ray/DVD to see the director's intended vision. For me, one of the biggest eye openers was Len Wiseman's Live Free or Die Hard PG-13 cut compared to his R cut. The R cut looked and felt like a Die Hard film firing (no pun intended) on all cylinders. And, it's annoying that the R rated cut hasn't been released on Blu-ray yet.

The studio feeds on us idiot fanboys (and girls). They know most of can't wait until home video release so they give us bits and pieces of the movie until theres nothing left to milk or we lost interest and they arent making money anymore.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 25, 2012, 03:51:30 AM

Really? Every instance of McClane yelling "F*cker" in LFODH was dubbed in, almost all the blood was CGI, and added in to the PG13 film. It didn't really fix the films major problems at all. The directors version was really an afterthought.

Which is very very different from what Scott says he's done with Prometheus. Reshooting the same scenes with different elements in them is actually quite good.

And i'm okay with toning down the gore as long as the story and tension of the film are not harmed in doing so. A little blood can do wonders for a horror film. A lot? Not really. Except drown it. :D

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 25, 2012, 04:39:33 AM
And i'm okay with toning down the gore as long as the story and tension of the film are not harmed in doing so. A little blood can do wonders for a horror film. A lot? Not really. Except drown it. :D

Quite literally in Event Horizon's case. :laugh:

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 25, 2012, 02:17:13 AM
Also, the violence in both ALIEN and ALIENS is still hard-R stuff. There's just not much of it--a fact that people forget when they say "Alien and Aliens could be rated PG-13 today!"
Not when compared to what PG-13 movies get away with today. Requiem's gore is a LOT more gratuitous and gross than the stuff in Alien and Aliens. The violence/gore is actually pretty minimalist. Given that, the deaths of the Aliens don't count. Like the guys at rifftrax said, you can kill Robots(Or aliens) all day and still get a PG rating, just as long as the blood isn't red.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

The two chest bursters are pretty much the only things that would have a hard time getting under the R-bar.

It's mostly the language in Aliens that would set it over the top.  :)

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 25, 2012, 04:46:12 AM
Quite literally in Event Horizon's case. :laugh:

Yeah, I love Event Horizon, but having a literal blood bath was... I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a parody of The Shining, but that's how it played.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Gunflyer on Mar 25, 2012, 05:00:09 AM
Not when compared to what PG-13 movies get away with today.
Bullshrim. The chestburster scene alone is VERY hard R, as well as the shots of the Alien puncturing peoples skull and brains. The chestburster in ALIENS is pretty nasty, too. Also, both films feature their own healthy share of F-bombs. The limit for a PG-13 is one utterance.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 25, 2012, 05:07:11 AM
Quote from: Gunflyer on Mar 25, 2012, 05:00:09 AM
Not when compared to what PG-13 movies get away with today.
Bullshrim. The chestburster scene alone is VERY hard R, as well as the shots of the Alien puncturing peoples skull and brains. The chestburster in ALIENS is pretty nasty, too. Also, both films feature their own healthy share of F-bombs. The limit for a PG-13 is one utterance.
Didn't Twilight breaking dawn feature a scene where Edward had to chew a baby out of Bella's womb? That's pretty damn hardcore and that's PG-13... PLUS I've seen several PG-13 movies get away with at least 3-4 uses of the F bomb... Back to School comes to mind, as does a few other films. Plus, when it comes to the chestburster, isn't that basically the equivalent of being impaled through the back, at the risk of oversimplifying? And we've seen that kind of thing a LOT of times in PG-13 films.

Cvalda

Cvalda

If you all seriously believe ALIEN is PG-13 rated fare, than why wasn't ALIEN: The Director's Cut rated PG-13 when it was released back into theaters nine years ago? It wasn't because there is no way in hell ALIEN will ever get a PG-13. You're kidding yourselves.

First Blood

First Blood

The chestburster scene alone in Alien would deem it an R.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I do think it is the only major thing that would keep it from going under R, though. The other gruesome bits are very very brief and flash the screen very rapidly.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 25, 2012, 05:22:49 AM
I do think it is the only major thing that would keep it from going under R, though. The other gruesome bits are very very brief and flash the screen very rapidly.

Oh, no doubt. But the chestburster scene is such a bloody affair, even if hypothetically that was the only blood soaked scene in the movie; I think they'd still file it under an R. The scene is so shocking and when the alien pops its head out of Kane's chest as he's still twitching – makes my skin crawl every-f**king-time.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

They show the chestburster scene on regular (non-premium networks) with only three quick edits. (The initial blood explosion on the shirt and the gross sounding first full push through of the alien head ... where it goes 'pllopp' and the first part of where it rises from the gushing chest wound)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed