New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website

Started by Blacklabel, Mar 17, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Author
New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website (Read 97,776 times)

Tangakkai

Hm... feel a bit let  down. I mean sure the film still seems very promising to me, but the trailer was just edited horribly and had no tone/no vibe to it at all... frametimes on the characters were way too short to build up any kind of tension whatsoever... however that's just the trailer...

As for the content itself, looks pretty good apart from:

Spoiler
the horrible CGI work on the Jockey... come on guys it's Ridley Scott and it's 2012 and all we get is render-game-intro jockey? You gotta be kidding me!!!
[close]

aliens13

Would not last more than 2 minutes the trailer?

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Tangakkai on Mar 17, 2012, 01:43:07 PM
Spoiler
the horrible CGI work on the Jockey... come on guys it's Ridley Scott and it's 2012 and all we get is render-game-intro jockey? You gotta be kidding me!!!
[close]
Yeah, bro! I mean, that one second long shot of the suit unfolding without much motion which is likely a practical effect? COME THE f**k ON, RIDLEY.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 17, 2012, 01:15:10 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 17, 2012, 01:09:03 PM
Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 17, 2012, 01:02:31 PM
Ummm how can you tell that the Jockey has been "nerfed" when there is absolutely nothing else in the shot to compare it to. It just looks smaller than the one in Alien because of the shot. You can't tell for sure whether it is or not.
It's all about the arms. The arms my friend. Or...

LOOK at it.
The Prometheus shot also seems to be from a lower angle, and looking up slightly. Plus, looking at the details of the chair and room, it's two completely different Jockeys we're comparing.
Definitely different ships and no doubt different Jockeys - no disagreement there - but the chair, regardless of its slight design differences, is still of the same make and most importantly of the same size.

I have no idea what to make of it. It's almost comical.

EEV-2501

Quote from: Aliens13 on Mar 17, 2012, 01:44:18 PM
It's just an IMAX Teaser. The complete trailer comes tonight. Stay tuned.

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 17, 2012, 01:49:51 PM
Quote from: Aliens13 on Mar 17, 2012, 01:44:18 PM
It's just an IMAX Teaser. The complete trailer comes tonight. Stay tuned.
I am from Holland. How late will the new trailer arrive? Or in how many hours the new trailer will be online?

Space Sweeper

Are we all forgetting our little friend the biomechanical man, who faced the infamous chair as it rose from the floor?

Honestly, now that it's been confirmed that this is a suit, I wouldn't be surprised if the character in Alien's derelict ship was of a different species who was put in a similar situation as our biomechanoid pal here in Prometheus.

So can everybody please just calm yo collective tits?

Cvalda

Someone needs to make a GIF of the second long Jockey shot so we can study it in detail and in motion :P

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 17, 2012, 01:53:54 PM
Are we all forgetting our little friend the biomechanical man, who faced the infamous chair as it rose from the floor?

Honestly, now that it's been confirmed that this is a suit, I wouldn't be surprised if the character in Alien's derelict ship was of a different species who was put in a similar situation as our biomechanoid pal here in Prometheus.

So can everybody please just calm yo collective tits?

Good advice - too many people not thinking before they write.

Ridley has made it clear Prometheus is an entirely new story except for the last 8 mins when a connection between Alien is made.

Everyone is assuming it's the derelict, or it's the same jockey. I think the story is about humans f*cking about with jockey technology. The jockey we meet in Alien is the real deal, opposed to a human trying to occupy the suit seen in the IMAX trailer.

Anyway, whatever...chillllll :) lol

fakk3

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 17, 2012, 01:48:33 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 17, 2012, 01:15:10 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 17, 2012, 01:09:03 PM
Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 17, 2012, 01:02:31 PM
Ummm how can you tell that the Jockey has been "nerfed" when there is absolutely nothing else in the shot to compare it to. It just looks smaller than the one in Alien because of the shot. You can't tell for sure whether it is or not.
It's all about the arms. The arms my friend. Or...

LOOK at it.
The Prometheus shot also seems to be from a lower angle, and looking up slightly. Plus, looking at the details of the chair and room, it's two completely different Jockeys we're comparing.
Definitely different ships and no doubt different Jockeys - no disagreement there - but the chair, regardless of its slight design differences, is still of the same make and most importantly of the same size.

I have no idea what to make of it. It's almost comical.

yeeep  :-\

deepelemblues

QuoteRidley has made it clear Prometheus is an entirely new story except for the last 8 mins when a connection between Alien is made.

Well, every bit of footage we've seen so far has made it clear that Ridley was bullshitting us when he said that.

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 17, 2012, 02:05:30 PM
QuoteRidley has made it clear Prometheus is an entirely new story except for the last 8 mins when a connection between Alien is made.

Well, every bit of footage we've seen so far has made it clear that Ridley was bullshitting us when he said that.

That would be some hefty apology if it were true...

I think he's a wily old dog, but foremost a fan. I don't think he's bs'ing, but is going to please both Prometheus and Alien camps.

Master

Every thing looks great so far for me. About Jockey arm not being long enough, I think he is pushing some buttons

His arm is bent cause he`s pushing something, and the perspective makes it too short.

ThisBethesdaSea

Absolutely, it's a perspective shot. Calm down folks. :)

Kol

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 17, 2012, 11:06:37 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 17, 2012, 10:56:52 AM
Very impressed with what we're seeing so far. For some reason, I don't think the Jockey is an actual Engineer but one of our guys in their suits or mutated or something.

Hopefully THIS ^

hopefully?  ??? i will be disappointed if it turns out, that all the jockeys that appear in the movie, will be mutated crewmember/human.

and if the "real" jockey turns out to be this serpent/goa'uld ...

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 17, 2012, 11:27:49 AM

There is something crawling under the "skin" of this Biomechanical being.

then i'm out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed