New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website

Started by Blacklabel, Mar 17, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Author
New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website (Read 97,777 times)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 17, 2012, 01:02:31 PM
Ummm how can you tell that the Jockey has been "nerfed" when there is absolutely nothing else in the shot to compare it to. It just looks smaller than the one in Alien because of the shot. You can't tell for sure whether it is or not.
It's all about the arms. The arms my friend. Or...

LOOK at it.

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 01:03:08 PM
That got a cheap LOL outta me. :P

I'm sooo sorry... (no I'm not, I'm just bored right now )

Btw, I wish you a very nice trip to the event. I'm not jealous at all  :)

dallevalle

YAY cant wait for full trailer !!!!! it will be even more insane than this !!!!  :o

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Lord Freezer on Mar 17, 2012, 01:04:05 PM
The new space jockey appears to be smaller.

Perhaps the Jockey grows? Look at the big knob/hammer shaped structure on far right. If you look at Giger's concept paintings, that's the handle the Jockey grips onto. Obviously, tiny nerfed jockey can't reach it, but it looks like maybe it grows in such a way that it's arms can touch it.

You see what it's gripping onto? That is present in the new image.

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Mar 17, 2012, 01:09:19 PM
Thanks! I haven't slept in almost 24 hours, so I won't enjoy it as much as I hoped, but I'll hopefully bring back some neat photos of the events :)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 01:12:27 PM
Thanks! I haven't slept in almost 24 hours, so I won't enjoy it as much as I hoped, but I'll hopefully bring back some neat photos of the events :)

24 hours on these boards? ;)

Valaquen

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 17, 2012, 01:09:03 PM
Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 17, 2012, 01:02:31 PM
Ummm how can you tell that the Jockey has been "nerfed" when there is absolutely nothing else in the shot to compare it to. It just looks smaller than the one in Alien because of the shot. You can't tell for sure whether it is or not.
It's all about the arms. The arms my friend. Or...

LOOK at it.
The Prometheus shot also seems to be from a lower angle, and looking up slightly. Plus, looking at the details of the chair and room, it's two completely different Jockeys we're comparing.

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 17, 2012, 01:14:59 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 01:12:27 PM

24 hours on these boards? ;)
Curse that damned trailer and timeline! :P
No, actually, I just have pretty bad insomnia from time to time. It decided to strike tonight of all nights :(

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: Lord Freezer on Mar 17, 2012, 01:04:05 PM
The new space jockey appears to be smaller...

Problem is we're assuming it's the same jockey in the same ship! I don't think Ridley would let such a continuity problem slip by. I think the suit has a few secrets yet to be revealed, mainly involving adapting to the form that inhabits it. In this movie, a human/synthetic enters the suit.

I think the "derelict" is one of two ships, the other relates to the Prometheus story, while the derelict we know is involved in a subplot that is revealed in the "last 8 mins" of the film.

Maybe :s 

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 17, 2012, 01:15:10 PM
The Prometheus shot also seems to be from a lower angle, and looking up slightly. Plus, looking at the details of the chair and room, it's two completely different Jockeys we're comparing.

Allow me to add that in the previous released still with Shaw and the engineer suits in the background, the arms appeared to have the same unusal lenght as the arms of the space jockey in Alien - the suits looked huge as well.

So, if this one appears to be a bit smaller for whatever reason in this exact moment in the chair, I'm sure there's reason behind it. It's obviously changing somehow in that exact moment. They didn't 'screw' anything up.  :)

PS: I'm with you on '2 different engineer ships -> 2 different crews'. Don't know if this has been brought up in this forum, but there are some quite noticeable design differences in the arms sections of the engineer ship seen in Prometheus and the one in Alien. I doubt very much the filmmakers/designers made some errors/mistakes.

aliens13

Exelent Trailer!

EEV-2501

Quote from: Eva on Mar 17, 2012, 01:28:24 PM
So, if this one appears to be a bit smaller for whatever reason in this exact moment in the chair, I'm sure there's reason behind it. It's obviosly changing somehow in that exact moment. They didn't 'screw' anything up.  :)

A human in a Jockey suit ?

MrSpaceJockey

I keep on thinking that could very well be the explanation. I hope it's not true.

Tidus

Tidus

Still not liking the designs. The whole biomechanical concept of the jockey/chair is completely washed away by now; and I doubt the suit grows and welds with the chair. The environment does look alienish, but it lacks a lot of life! Looks like plastic lol.

Anyway, is it safe to say the Jockey concept follows the xeno concept? The Jockey doesn't have to be the inteligent being behind everything. It could be just like the alien; an engineered being bornt from a carrier. We seem to have a new kind of facehugger now, so that does make sense.

Cvalda

Quote from: Tidus on Mar 17, 2012, 01:32:11 PM
Still not liking the designs. The whole biomechanical concept of the jockey/chair is completely washed away by now; and I doubt the suit grows and welds with the chair. The environment does look alienish, but it lacks a lot of life! Looks like plastic lol.
Yeah, the Derelict sets do look very plastic-y, not organic at all like the original. Hopefully the final color grading will go some way to covering that up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed