The AVP vs. Prometheus Canon Debate, and all canon debates really

Started by Peakius Baragonius, Mar 01, 2012, 09:44:32 PM

Will fans ever make peace?

No, whoever wins, we lose
21 (46.7%)
Yes! I was totally wrong about Alien/Aliens/Alien3/Predator 2/AVP/Predators being a bad film!
4 (8.9%)
Perhaps someday
7 (15.6%)
Forget this poll, enough with the god-forsaken canon rant threads already!!! :-)
22 (48.9%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author
The AVP vs. Prometheus Canon Debate, and all canon debates really (Read 36,240 times)

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 08, 2012, 08:06:39 PM
Well hell yes I did, we were yelling at each other for pages in here. :laugh:  On display shamelessly for everyone to see.

I get what you're saying, and definitely agree.  Are you married, by chance?

Anyway, canon!

Marriage i hear can be....dangerous  ;D

yes i believe its canon also, there is such a tight lid on the production details we don't know much other than it has the weyland logo on a helmet...i think and it has the same sort of designs on walls by giger and if i can recall correctly i saw lots of urn like objects in a picture, if one remembers the old concept then one would know that facehuggers original shot out from an urn.

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 02:47:08 AM
*you're

And no, it's still not correct.

It is correct, it says in the documentary that the saga lives on through home video, comics, novels, and games, which means they are all in the Saga.

You have an obsession with trying to make the stories not fit and or have canon issues, well I will tell you this, the Alien movies themselves have a lot of continuity issues, Aliens more so than any other.

RagingDragon

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Mar 11, 2012, 07:41:15 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 02:47:08 AM
*you're

And no, it's still not correct.

It is correct, it says in the documentary that the saga lives on through home video, comics, novels, and games, which means they are all in the Saga.

You have an obsession with trying to make the stories not fit and or have canon issues, well I will tell you this, the Alien movies themselves have a lot of continuity issues, Aliens more so than any other.

Home video?  So you're saying that I can make my own movie now, and have it be canon?

:o

Fox has bestowed us with unimaginable power!

Xenomrph

Home video as in DVD/VHS releases. You know, a video you watch at home rather than in the theatre. :P

RagingDragon

I was pointing out the generalization.  That phrase seems randomly taken out of context, and to me simply means that an Alien EU exists.

As far as being a declarative statement about canon, no.  It says nothing about how coherent it is, if there are contradictions, what these contradictions mean to story continuity, etc...

Don't try and make it mean something it doesn't.  It's just a line on a DVD special feature, probably said in passing.

Xenomrph

To be fair one could say that contradictions don't necessarily have a bearing on "canon" - just look at the Bible. It's chock-full of inconsistencies and contradictions, and yet it's all part of the biblical "canon".

Pn2501

RagingDragon

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 11, 2012, 07:13:57 PM
To be fair one could say that contradictions don't necessarily have a bearing on "canon" - just look at the Bible. It's chock-full of inconsistencies and contradictions, and yet it's all part of the biblical "canon".
...Holy Jesus...

(No pun intended)

Pn2501

Now all we need is someone to bring Hitler and the Nazi into this convo really round it out.

Xenomrph

You realize the term "canon" originally referred to religious texts and what was considered "genuine", right?

chupacabras acheronsis

yes but movie fans can't just kick people that opose them to another continent.

RagingDragon

You are really going there?

Man all you had to say was "I like rocking the ganja and being high all dizzy day loooong," your posts make so much more sense now that I realize this.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 11, 2012, 07:32:38 PM
yes but movie fans can't just kick people that opose them to another continent.

WANT A BET...

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

piss off and remove thineself ye puritan harpy

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 11, 2012, 08:08:29 PM
piss off and remove thineself ye puritan harpy

Sorry you are not the CO or XO, you have no authority here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed