Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 07:56:15 PM

Author
Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS) (Read 75,742 times)

psychonaut25

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 22, 2011, 09:33:06 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:21:07 PM
Lets wait for the movie and then criticize....hey , this is Ridley Scotts new movie, sci-fi movie !!! It's gonna be epic.

Awesome, I think Ridley is on to something, no really...

let's do the same thing to the next Predator film, no Predators, no dreads, no mandibles, sounds good to you?

Ok I'm done, have fun with the PG-13 Xenomorph-less film.

But Prometheus was NOT meant to be a direct Alien prequel, it has only a small ties to Alien universe, not to Alien and xenomorphs. Oh people, just get over it. Leave the poor old xeno as it is...

And btw. do we really want to see more of this???? No thanks...I was getting sick of it.

Space Jockey King

Well i think its like this.... lol

They capture the jockey take his helmet off.. and examine it..

Then whilst they are doing that they are having words with him ?? lol

??

Never say no to Panda!

The whole thing is about terraforming...not forming the planets, but forming the lifeforms so they can survive.
As you see our jumping mutant doesn't need a helmet any more.

Bigticket

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 22, 2011, 09:33:06 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:21:07 PM
Lets wait for the movie and then criticize....hey , this is Ridley Scotts new movie, sci-fi movie !!! It's gonna be epic.

Awesome, I think Ridley is on to something, no really...

let's do the same thing to the next Predator film, no Predators, no dreads, no mandibles, sounds good to you?

Ok I'm done, have fun with the PG-13 Xenomorph-less film.

Since when there is ALIEN in the title ? Ridley said this isnt direct alien prequel and you are actin like its an direct alien prequel but for some reason ridley decided there will be no xenomorphs .

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

The make-up is really good but they look like some mutant zombie shit we saw in a lot of movies these years. If the biggest threat in the movie are those guys, it really sucks hard.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I hope that Ridley knows what he is doing, in terms of the tall guuy, I don't want to start ranting over something I've half seen in a 780p trailer. I'm not going to say anything about mutant zombies either

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 22, 2011, 09:40:10 PM
The whole thing is about terraforming...not forming the planets, but forming the lifeforms so they can survive.
As you see our jumping mutant doesn't need a helmet any more.
Terra means Earth or planet. :P
Could that mutant have been exposed to the 'Perfect Organism' DNA thing?

newbeing

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 22, 2011, 09:35:09 PM
Quote from: newbeing on Dec 22, 2011, 09:33:27 PM
Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:27:42 PM
They can't come in 1979 with this:
http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/alien_17.jpg

And in 2012 with this:

It's not possible. Really not possible. I really hope (and think) that at the end of the movie those retards mutants will look like some Giger/Xeno style creatures.

You're assuming that the jumping mutated looking guy is the monster.
I saw the 1080p trailer and he is kinda scary looking. Plus, this guy doesn't have any helmet or head gear on, and is making quite a leap from top of something.

I think it's just taking too many assumptions by looks alone. The guy he is getting the jump on could very well be the attacker. Again it all comes down to context

I personally don't think the Jockey race is a malevolent race. I could be totally wrong, but it seems like if they were they would have never transmitted a warning from the crashed ship in Alien.

The Xenoborg

I agree. I always wanted the Space Jockeys to be friendly. May be they are but the humans mess with the life-making apparatus and get doomed or something.

Spider-pope

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 22, 2011, 09:49:35 PM

I personally don't think the Jockey race is a malevolent race. I could be totally wrong, but it seems like if they were they would have never transmitted a warning from the crashed ship in Alien.

It depends on who they were trying to warn really. I don't necessarily see them as malevolent either, at least not at first anyway, rather ambivalent to the concerns of lesser species.
That could of course change if Prometheus follows its namesake and humans start pinching their technology left right and center.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'll just expand on what I said here.

As said there, I might come straight as a whiny fanboy or someone along the lines thereof, but I will just state my thoughts on the matter. If what we are seeing in that screenshot is, indeed, one of the famed 'Space Jockeys', I am disappointed by this aspect of the film.
I'll be honest in saying the suit aspect, since when it was just 'whispered', never convinced me... bar any comparison you want with Independence Day... that wasn't the first thing that popped in my mind. What holds that place is the thought of those ribs... those bent-out ribs, they were just part of a suit? That head we get a dramatic and eerie close-up of, with its empty and dead-for-aeons orbital holes... was not a head? Yeah... didn't excite me in the slightest when Scott confirmed it in an interview - quite the opposite in fact, but I could see why such a choice would be made, as it would allow for more artistic liberties to be taken, instead of being chained to what's already set up. From this point I was hoping either for something 'close but not the same as' this 'suit', or something fresh and not disappointing. At this point, the design possibilities were virtually endless - they could've brought up the worst pages of the Necronomicon to life, the ones that looked more alien, more otherwordly: the great beast with its writhing, tentacled head, that biomechanical dragon-thing ('Alien IV' to get specific), or what have you. Instead, what we actually get is a bald giant with biomechanical qualities... ohhh, that's great, with all the flying great f**k they could've come up with, that's what we get. The much-famed Space Jockey, the thing we've all been waiting to see alive and kicking onscreen, is a giant bald man. How unquestionably great.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"... I've never really realized how true this statement could be hahaha.

All of this, of course, in-keeping that Mr. Giger-Diesel up here being indeed the Jockey is nothing less or more than an assumption, since for all we know, that thing could be anything.

The Xenoborg

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 22, 2011, 09:55:31 PM

As said there, I might come straight as a whiny fanboy or someone along the lines thereof, but I will just state my thoughts on the matter. If what we are seeing in that screenshot is, indeed, one of the famed 'Space Jockeys', I am disappointed by this aspect of the film. Such a thing is, of course, an assumption, as that
I'll be honest in saying the suit aspect, since when it was just 'whispered', never convinced me... bar any comparison you want with Independence Day... that wasn't the first thing that popped in my mind. What holds that place is the thought of those ribs... those bent-out ribs, they were just part of a suit? That head we get a dramatic and eerie close-up of, with its empty and dead-for-aeons orbital holes... was not a head? Yeah... didn't excite me in the slightest when Scott confirmed it in an interview - quite the opposite in fact, but I could see why such a choice would be made, as it would allow for more artistic liberties to be taken, instead of being chained to what's already set up. From this point I was hoping either for something 'close but not the same as' this 'suit', or something fresh and not disappointing. At this point, the design possibilities were virtually endless - they could've brought up the worst pages of the Necronomicon to life, the ones that looked more alien, more otherwordly: the great beast with its writhing, tentacled head, that biomechanical dragon-thing ('Alien IV' to get specific), or what have you. Instead, what we actually get is a bald giant with biomechanical qualities... ohhh, that's great, with all the flying great f**k they could've come up with, that's what we get. The much-famed Space Jockey, the thing we've all been waiting to see alive and kicking onscreen, is a giant bald man. How unquestionably great.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"... I've never really realized how true this statement could be hahaha.

All of this, of course, in-keeping that Mr. Giger-Diesel up here being indeed the Jockey is nothing less or more than an assumption, since for all we know, that thing could be anything.
I understand your disappointment. I am thoroughly disappointed as well. I am guessing that the bald person is just a mutated human being.
The SJ in Alien even had visible teeth and it completely resembled a living being. Never did I think, that it was a 'suit'.
Personally, I would like to see the SJ as it appeared in the original movie. Not dead; but having that trunk, and all.

Game_Over_Man

As said there, I might come straight as a whiny fanboy or someone along the lines thereof, but I will just state my thoughts on the matter. If what we are seeing in that screenshot is, indeed, one of the famed 'Space Jockeys', I am disappointed by this aspect of the film. Such a thing is, of course, an assumption, as that

I have no issue with the Jockey being humanoid - so long as I see him somehow fuse to a biomechanoid suit, which I think will happen. Not only that, there're other beasts in the movie. The original bootlegged trailer shows a silver xeno-headed parasite slither past, along with what I can only describe as a flash of a "space cat" creature.

Fox haven't shot their load already - there's more to this movie yet to come...I think I might switch off till June so I'm pleasantly surprised. Going to be hard tho... lol

psychonaut25

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Dec 22, 2011, 10:04:31 PM

I have no issue with the Jockey being humanoid - so long as I see him somehow fuse to a biomechanoid suit, which I think will happen. Not only that, there're other beasts in the movie. The original bootlegged trailer shows a silver xeno-headed parasite slither past, along with what I can only describe as a flash of a "space cat" creature.

Fox haven't shot their load already - there's more to this movie yet to come...I think I might switch off till June so I'm pleasantly surprised. Going to be hard tho... lol

These two pictures are captured from that leaked trailer. Lets capture it from HD trailer...

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 22, 2011, 10:14:48 PM
Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Dec 22, 2011, 10:04:31 PM

These two pictures are captured from that leaked trailer. Lets capture it from HD trailer...

There are quite a few scenes from the leaked trailer that do not appear in the official teaser. I've no doubt they are part of the film and will feature in the next main trailer :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed