Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 07:56:15 PM

Author
Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS) (Read 75,739 times)

psychonaut25

I think it is only android. It could be ours (human created) or jockey created (genetically)...

scarhunter92

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Dec 22, 2011, 08:57:42 PM
Meh...it's too soon to tell. I like that it's completely different from the Alien movies, but it could be anything at this point. Hell, one of the crew could morph into that...thing...for all we know.

This.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Dec 22, 2011, 08:59:29 PM
Quote from: Space Jockey King on Dec 22, 2011, 08:55:14 PM
So here is a comparison between the so called Jockey and the actor who is playing as the engineer?? Phill Martin.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8046/46614194.jpg

What do you think ? do they really look the same ?

Also here is a video i fought id put on lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OPRuwjfJWA#ws

I think they would use liberal amounts of makeup, prosthetics, CGI, or all the above.  That would be a real bummer if this highly evolved creature  actually looked like Phill  ;D

The actor doesn't look evolved but retarded.

deimos-remus

I'm completely fine with the jockeys being humanoid, in fact I like the look there. Anyway, as long as they look like the Jockeys we know and love, with their suits on(remember, Scott said the Jockey we saw in Alien was a suit). I'll be very happy.

Look at this screen. Jockey Skull/helmet on an autopsy table of sorts.

psychonaut25

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:01:37 PM
He doesn't look evolved but retarded.

Bald men are retarded??? Why he has to look retarded...???

TheMonolith

Eh.
For me the main thing is less the design and more how it is lit. Looks too clean.
The actual design looks okay. Not what I was expecting, but I can see that fossilizing into what we see.

Gash

Gash

The actor doesn't look evolved but retarded.

Nice.

EEV-2501

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:02:36 PM

I was talking about the actor.

Gash

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:05:13 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:02:36 PM

I was talking about the actor.

Is that better?

JustaGrunt

JustaGrunt

I think that Phill Martin, the engineer, is most likely a stand-in for whatever they plan for the finalized jockey to look like.  So, of course it won't look exactly like him.  He's just helping the effects crew fill in what they need to so we have a great looking engineer. 

And, by the way, from my understanding, the "space jockey" and "engineer" are interchangeable terms.  Ridley Scott has said on many occasions that the derelict being never had an official name and that "jockey" got thrown into the mix because of how he was situated on the ship as a pilot to speak.  With the new movie, however, it seems that the official name is "engineer," which plays into the whole creation and discovery thing.  So I think it's a good assumption that both the jockey/engineer are one in the same and that, for one at least, Phill Martin, a human giant, is playing him.

P.S.:  In Martin's video promo, he talks about working out as a hobby so he can physically be prepared to do stunt work at his size.  So, he should fill out the engineer suit nicely and help sell the illusion that the beings are larger than life. 

PHANTOM

Awesome!

Not just we won't see the legendary Xenomorph rip apart the big screen one last time and fade away into the darkness of space with honor, but now the Space Jockey instead looking like a scary as f--k giger creature from the blackness of space will now look like a Frost Giant from Thor. Fantastic! ;D

So let me see...

Sloth deformed retards instead of xenomorphs, check!
Frost Giants from Thor instead of bionicle Space Jockey's, check!
PG-13 atmosphere instead of the visually creative violent R rating, check!

psychonaut25

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 22, 2011, 09:18:08 PM
Awesome!

Not just we won't see the legendary Xenomorph rip apart the big screen one last time and fade away into the darkness of space with honor, but now the Space Jockey instead looking like a scary as f--k giger creature from the blackness of space will now look like a Frost Giant from Thor. Fantastic! ;D

So let me see...

Lets wait for the movie and then criticize....hey , this is Ridley Scotts new movie, sci-fi movie !!! It's gonna be epic.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 22, 2011, 09:18:08 PM

The problem is...nothing of that is confirmed yet.
Could become a crappy generic 3D mainstream mutant-slasher with Lindelof timetravel story or a masterpiece  :laugh:

josh_axey

Raging aside:
The "gigeresque" ribbing and shapes on his body (note: can be seen on his arm predominantly) better be well executed.
Obviously it is hard to tell from a selection of 10 or so frames that we have here.

For anyone annoyed about it not having that same H. R Giger biomechanoid feel; look at some of his art books and then observe the humanoids in there... it is the same styling. As long as makeup and prosthetics are executed properly (and why wouldn't they be?) - Whats to worry about? :)

newbeing

You know there are a lot of assumptions being made about what we're seeing out of any context. Who's to say the "infected" guy is bad or attacking a good member of the crew? There has to be some level of human conflict? Who or what are the men shooting at? What's that black stuff all over that woman's body?

There is a lot that remains to be seen. The real questions are not about what they  are showing us, but rather what they're not showing us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed