Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 07:56:15 PM

Author
Closer look at a possible Space Jockey? (SPOILERS) (Read 75,737 times)

psychonaut25

Quote from: josh_axey on Dec 22, 2011, 09:23:42 PM
Raging aside:
The "gigeresque" ribbing and shapes on his body (note: can be seen on his arm predominantly) better be well executed.
Obviously it is hard to tell from a selection of 10 or so frames that we have here.

For anyone annoyed about it not having that same H. R Giger biomechanoid feel; look at some of his art books and then observe the humanoids in there... it is the same styling. As long as makeup and prosthetics are executed properly (and why wouldn't they be?) - Whats to worry about? :)

I 'm asking this queston here again. What are the worries about the movie? I think it will be disturbing as hell. And as was said here, PG13 was NOT confirmed yet.

T Dog

Everyone assumes that that guy is the Jockey. WHY?????

What if the Jockey is something else altogether. What if the bald guy(s) are the Gods and the Jockey is their slave grunt worker who decides to help out the humans. Steal the fire.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

They can't come in 1979 with this:

And in 2012 with this:

It's not possible. Really not possible. I really hope (and think) that at the end of the movie those retards mutants will look like some Giger/Xeno style creatures.

The Xenoborg

Kinda sounds like a Gigerish Avatar.

psychonaut25

Spider-pope

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 22, 2011, 09:26:33 PM

What if the Jockey is something else altogether. What if the bald guy(s) are the Gods and the Jockey is their slave grunt worker who decides to help out the humans. Steal the fire.

Heck the Jolly Grey Giant could be something the humans grew out of that green handful of goo in the trailer, in order to use and nick the Space Jockey tech, thereby royally pissing them off and resulting in the ensuing hilarity.

The trailers given us some great imagery and teases, but its not brought us much closer to knowing what the feck is going to happen in the film. Which is why its a great trailer, as opposed to the current trend of trailers that give away every single plot twist before the film is released.

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 22, 2011, 08:13:11 PM
It's Ridley Scott.  It SHOULD be done well  :)

I hope your right since Ridley has made a few bad films before  :-\. I never noticed the humanoid character in the trailer until now and I hope Ridley knows what he is doing.

PHANTOM

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:21:07 PM
Lets wait for the movie and then criticize....hey , this is Ridley Scotts new movie, sci-fi movie !!! It's gonna be epic.

Awesome, I think Ridley is on to something, no really...

let's do the same thing to the next Predator film, no Predators, no dreads, no mandibles, sounds good to you?

Ok I'm done, have fun with the PG-13 Xenomorph-less film.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Spider-pope on Dec 22, 2011, 09:30:02 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 22, 2011, 09:26:33 PM

Heck the Jolly Grey Giant could be something the humans grew out of that green handful of goo in the trailer, in order to use and nick the Space Jockey tech, thereby royally pissing them off and resulting in the ensuing hilarity.

The trailers given us some great imagery and teases, but its not brought us much closer to knowing what the feck is going to happen in the film. Which is why its a great trailer, as opposed to the current trend of trailers that give away every single plot twist before the film is released.

This is only teaser trailer, not full trailer. The great thing on this teaser is, that it shows enough, but practically nothing. Speculations and hype are getting critical. It's time to slow a little bit, because some ideas are way too crazy. If Ridley Scott reads this threads, he must be laughing....

newbeing

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:27:42 PM
http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/alien_17.jpg

And in 2012 with this:

It's not possible. Really not possible. I really hope (and think) that at the end of the movie those retards mutants will look like some Giger/Xeno style creatures.

You're assuming that the jumping mutated looking guy is the monster.

T Dog

Maybe the suit is what they look like when they are born. And then they shed it and they are these perfect humanoid dudes underneath.

So it's like grooming/growing armor that keeps you safe and lets you develop to become perfect.

JaaayDee

The macho guy could be the dude piloting this saucer:

Maybe some other being coming to warn the humans?

The Xenoborg

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 22, 2011, 09:33:27 PM
Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 22, 2011, 09:27:42 PM
http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/alien_17.jpg

And in 2012 with this:

You're assuming that the jumping mutated looking guy is the monster.
I saw the 1080p trailer and he is kinda scary looking. Plus, this guy doesn't have any helmet or head gear on, and is making quite a leap from top of something.

Never say no to Panda!

That's what i meant...he is a classical Gray  :laugh:
Oh and Mr. Kangaroo doesn't need a helmet...he tasted the terraforming mojo  ;)

RagingDragon

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed