The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,453 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's a pretty niche monster film with The Mummy-esque characters, a badass monster -- though with some dodgy CGI at times -- and some over-the-top scenes. A lot of fun.

Cvalda

Cvalda

We'll see. I know The Puppetmasters is terrible already because I've already seen it. But I enjoy it anyway ;D

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Aug 13, 2012, 09:08:13 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 13, 2012, 09:05:54 PM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on Aug 13, 2012, 09:03:05 PM
That's why you buy them in the store and not online Cvalda; I was sick and tired of ordering movies through mail service since the discs were either scratched from coming loose or the case was cracked.
That wasn't the problem. It was a problem with ALL the discs manufactured by the company.

That's their fault then. Wait for a new and improved released with the problems fixed.

Or you can buy the trilogy box set:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ENCIWG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005ENCIZI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0AEN261XH5NE49Z0R1XC

That's the box I got upon release. It's actually two disks. Gamera 1-2 on one disk and Gamera 3 on a separate disk. The same disk Cvalda bought, only bundled in a new package/sleeve. So I'm assuming that the problems with the initial run of Gamera 3 disks are on mine as well. I'll have to check.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 14, 2012, 03:27:01 PM
So I'm assuming that the problems with the initial run of Gamera 3 disks are on mine as well. I'll have to check.
Yuuuup. I bought the trilogy boxset upon release, too. The disc is f**ked. Watch the scene where Nagamine and Asagi converse with the sexually ambiguous video game designer at the shine-type place. Subtitles droppin' like crazy.

Nightmare Asylum

I've never seen the Gamera trilogy and was actually considering grabbing that trilogy. Definitely going to avoid it now, though. Thanks :)

Cvalda

Cvalda

The discs are all fixed now if you buy them from this site, direct from the manufacturer:
http://www.cheapdvdpacks.com/gamera-triple-feature-collector-s-edition-blu-ray-slipcase.html

The trilogy is excellent, so you should definitely see it.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Finally bought these 2 ;D God i love this show

First Blood

^ Vengeance was an amazing season. Have you seen the trailer for War of the Damned?

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 14, 2012, 05:22:16 PM
^ Vengeance was an amazing season. Have you seen the trailer for War of the Damned?

Yep, and i'm really really excited ;D They're going to end this show with a bang, i just know it. Better 4 good seasons then 10 mediocre seasons right 8)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 14, 2012, 04:12:03 PM
The discs are all fixed now if you buy them from this site, direct from the manufacturer:
http://www.cheapdvdpacks.com/gamera-triple-feature-collector-s-edition-blu-ray-slipcase.html

Did I miss a "disk swap" deal they had going or was it always just "buy our shitty quality controlled disks at your own peril?"

Jaws Blu in the mail today. Going to pop that in later and go 'slow ahead' while tossing fish guts over my couch.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 14, 2012, 09:12:13 PM
Did I miss a "disk swap" deal they had going or was it always just "buy our shitty quality controlled disks at your own peril?"
Yup, they did TWO disc swap deals, because the first disc swap was f**ked as well in all new ways. Second and final disc swap literally just ended.

Rick Grimes

Bought Jaws on blu-ray today; last copy n the shelf and it was on sale for 20 bucks.

r888

r888

:)

Cvalda

RagingDragon

Deep Rising is awesome. :laugh:

The toilet scene stuck with me for years!  Every time I sit down, I wonder what that would be like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed