Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,033 times)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 22, 2013, 02:53:33 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on May 22, 2013, 02:52:33 PM
Thanos has not been around since the beginning of the universe and there is no real reason for him to align himself with a (comparative) nobody like Malekith.

As opposed to aligning himself with a (comparative) nobody like Loki?

Who had direct access to the all fathers vault, yeah.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Thanos has not been around since the beginning of the universe and there is no real reason for him to align himself with a (comparative) nobody like Malekith.

Is that a retcon?  I thought Thanos was the son of Mentor.  Are you sure you don't mean Galactus?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: ScardyFox on May 22, 2013, 03:19:16 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 22, 2013, 02:53:33 PM

As opposed to aligning himself with a (comparative) nobody like Loki?

Who had direct access to the all fathers vault, yeah.

He never used Loki for that. And he hardly has access to the vault now.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 22, 2013, 03:24:32 PM

Is that a retcon?  I thought Thanos was the son of Mentor.  Are you sure you don't mean Galactus?

I'm not sure why you're quoting or what you're asking me. In guess to what you're asking about Galactus , yes he was here since the start of the universe. He was a being from the previous universe before our big bang.

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 22, 2013, 03:27:28 PM

He never used Loki for that? How do we know what we used him for? The point is he was connected to the all father - Mal is a nobody. And that would be why I used the past tense "had access" as apposed to has access. His knowledge of Asgard, the all father, and everything in between would have been invaluable since (if we're using comics as a measuring stick for power till we see on screen) not even Thanos would survive a direct confrontation against Odin.

All in all it makes a lot more sense. Mal isn't a galactic player. Loki has ties to a Sky Father - the most powerful Sky father on top of it.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: ScardyFox on May 22, 2013, 03:31:23 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 22, 2013, 03:24:32 PM

I'm not sure why you're quoting or what you're asking me. In guess to what you're asking about Galactus , yes he was here since the start of the universe. He was a being from the previous universe before our big bang.

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 22, 2013, 03:27:28 PM

He never used Loki for that? How do we know what we used him for? The point is he was connected to the all father - Mal is a nobody. And that would be why I used the past tense "had access" as apposed to has access. His knowledge of Asgard, the all father, and everything in between would have been invaluable since (if we're using comics as a measuring stick for power till we see on screen) not even Thanos would survive a direct confrontation against Odin.

All in all it makes a lot more sense. Mal isn't a galactic player. Loki has ties to a Sky Father - the most powerful Sky father on top of it.

If Malekith and his dark elves are the "darkness that existed before the universe" then it is likely they serve Thanos. Malekith is actually a pretty big figure in the Thor-verse(being the ruler of a realm for one) so I'm going to connect the dots here and say that Malekith and Thanos are in league with eachother. You are equating Malekith with Lauffey who is pretty much a "nobody" in terms of what's at stake in the 9 realms.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: KirklandSignature on May 22, 2013, 05:14:40 PM
If Malekith and his dark elves are the "darkness that existed before the universe" then it is likely they serve Thanos. Malekith is actually a pretty big figure in the Thor-verse(being the ruler of a realm for one) so I'm going to connect the dots here and say that Malekith and Thanos are in league with eachother. You are equating Malekith with Lauffey who is pretty much a "nobody" in terms of what's at stake in the 9 realms.

Why do they serve Thanos? Because as I pointed pointed out Thanos wasn't around before the start of the universe - Galactus was.

No, he isn't a big figure in the Thor universe in the sense you want him to be. He is a nuisance that pops up time to time. Being a ruler of one of the nine realms is like saying the president of Costa Rica is big player on the world stage. None of your dots even come close to making sense. Even if they bizzarely did add Thanos, as I said before, it would make no sense. Mal is a nobody on the galactic stage, where Thanos plays.

There is absolutely no sense for Thanos to be working with mal and it only cheapens the character.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: ScardyFox on May 22, 2013, 05:49:39 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on May 22, 2013, 05:14:40 PM

Why do they serve Thanos? Because as I pointed pointed out Thanos wasn't around before the start of the universe - Galactus was.

No, he isn't a big figure in the Thor universe in the sense you want him to be. He is a nuisance that pops up time to time. Being a ruler of one of the nine realms is like saying the president of Costa Rica is big player on the world stage. None of your dots even come close to making sense. Even if they bizzarely did add Thanos, as I said before, it would make no sense. Mal is a nobody on the galactic stage, where Thanos plays.

There is absolutely no sense for Thanos to be working with mal and it only cheapens the character.

Galactus hasn't even been implemented into the MCU yet. Thanos is the shot-caller as revealed at the end of the "The Avengers". Galactus has only been apart of the shitty f**king fantastic four franchise and that has nothing to do with the MCU. Malekith is working under Thanos, not the other way around anyway.

Mark my words, Thanos is behind the MCU cosmic threats.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

That isn't the point at all. My point was Galactus is the only being to have been around as long as you claim Thanos has. In other words: You don't know what you're talking about. Which is fair enough, you don't know the lore that well but whats the point of making it up as you go along?

And if Mal was working with Thanos again it would be retarded. Thankfully I doubt he is since it wouldn't make any sense for the Titan to.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'm very excited to find out who they are referring to when they speak of the one that was around before the universe itself. If Marvel had somehow gotten the rights to Galactus back, it would be awesome. Unfortunately, I doubt it, so they must have someone else in mind. For some reason I keep thinking it is Surtur, though I don't really have anything to back that up.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Galactus motherf**kers!

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Surtur would make a hell of a lot more sense. Thats enough back up right there lol.

Ah well, one can hope.

Shasvre

Shasvre

It would be cool if they're building things up for Ragnarok. They would need Surtur for that.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Hm, yes, that would make sense and be fantastic. Third Thor movie preeze!

KirklandSignature

Quote from: ScardyFox on May 22, 2013, 06:59:39 PM
That isn't the point at all. My point was Galactus is the only being to have been around as long as you claim Thanos has. In other words: You don't know what you're talking about. Which is fair enough, you don't know the lore that well but whats the point of making it up as you go along?

And if Mal was working with Thanos again it would be retarded. Thankfully I doubt he is since it wouldn't make any sense for the Titan to.

The evidence is in the official trailer. Primeval race referring to the dark elves who Odin refers to "as the darkness that existed before the universe". Malekith is going to probably to be a lackey of Thanos, probably to distract Thor and the Asgardians while Thanos makes plans to wipe out humanity in an effort to court Death.

The more you say Thanos isn't involved in Thor 2, the more foolish you will look when Thanos appears in Thor 2..just saying.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Mmmm HMMMmmmmMMMmmMmMmMmmMmMmMmmmmmmm

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed