The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,306 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: coolbreeze on Apr 23, 2012, 04:23:30 AM
Liam is definitely a stand out so far this season.

Indeed. It's great watching Ser Davos come to life. :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Joffrey, Cersei, Ilyn Payne, The Hound, Polliver, The Mountain...

Anybody else think Tywin is just... one of the most badass motherf**kers in Westeros?

Spoiler
I mean, the scene where he rides into Harrenhal? Get the f**k outta heeyuh. With every expression on his face, to the very tone of his voice, Charles Dance just bleeds such a mighty screen presence. Him freeing the prisoners for soldiers or to be part of a work force was a very smart move, you really could see his disappointment in the dim wits of his men.

Joffrey really gets his sickf**kspotlight here, two scenes in a row. Kid's really got some issues if he'd rather see Ros beat the shit out of some poor girl... as opposed to 'releasing some of that venom'.
[close]

And that ending:

Spoiler
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Just wait until next episode, man.

Christ, I wish there were a way we could watch these things together. I'd love to be around someone who hasn't read the books, get their reactions.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 23, 2012, 05:12:40 AM
Just wait until next episode, man.

Christ, I wish there were a way we could watch these things together. I'd love to be around someone who hasn't read the books, get their reactions.

Last night watching Garden of Bones my girlfriend was literally like "WHAT THE f**k!?" She hasn't read the books! It's interesting seeing it from the non-readers points of view. I've seen the first season with some people who haven't read the books and they've had nothing but good things to say.

Spoiler
The Shadow Demon scene blew me away. The VFX was so great - this was the scene I've worried about the most, and they pulled it off wonderfully!
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

While the episode was great, I was disappointed with Ian Whyte as Gregor Clegane. Sure, he's a tall guy, but he's nowhere near as big as Conan Stevens, making him seem less of a "mountain".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO_DvPH_8R4#ws

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Spoiler
"There's no cure for being a c**t."
[close]

Bronn describes Joffrey so perfectly.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Show gets better and better. The only thing that stuck out for me was Ian Whyte. Big, but not in an opposing manner. He's like a skinny basketball player in armour. A shame, because Conan Stevens was big and wide. It's also strange, considering that Whyte isn't imposing as Clegane, and yet plays a nasty White Walker.

Effectz

Effectz

Watched Garden of bones lastnight,it's getting good.Man I just want to pound Joffreys head in with a brick.Can someone tell me about the ending of the episode?

Spoiler
What the f**k was the smoke monster coming out of the woman in red
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Effectz on Apr 24, 2012, 08:59:45 AM
Spoiler
What the f**k was the smoke monster coming out of the woman in red
[close]

You'll find out in the next episode. :)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Shit was awesome. As per usual.  :)

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Got a feeling the next episode is going to be really good.

Spoiler
When Renly and Satnnis meet Renly is all cocky until Melisandre warns him about terrors in the night. The look on his face at the 33.43 minute mark is like he just shit his pants. I also loved Catlyn's look when Stannis threatens to destroy Renly. Her look is like it just dawned on her that Stannis is really serious and that Renly is still joking. She looks sideways to Renly like 'you better take your brother seriously  because he has no problem taking you out. When i rewatched the scene it reminded me of Rocky 4 when Apollo is all cocky and insulting Drago like the fight is a joke. And Rocky's looking worried just like Catlyn. And everyone who watched Rocky 4 knows how well that fight went for Apollo
[close]

In the books i think Renly and Stannis are meant to be very large men, but in the tv series Renly is smallish and weak looking. While Stannis is not big he is intimidating like a stern school principle or teacher, he just reminds me of that teacher you hated at school. he even corrected someone's grammer when they were speaking to him!

Spoiler
Renly has 100'000 men while i think Stannis has only 10'000-15'000 so the shadow baby at the end is kinda like his version of a biological/secret weapon  to give him an advantage that he does not have in numbers. He is a better commander than Renly from what i can gather but he just dosen't have the numbers, but he seemed really confident.
[close]

Can't wait for next weeks episode and someone get the new Mountain some shoulder pads! and  different armor to the other Lannister guards. First time i watched it i thought he was just another Lannister guard just a tall one.

Spoiler
I really like the first scene cause it gave some humanity to the Lannister soldiers . Up until that point they had just been like stormtroopers esp with there helmet masks. The two guys at the start were like guys on the internet debating who could beat who like superman vs the hulk but with Game of Thrones characters. Plus i've seen a few forums with who is the best fighter in Westeros. Wonder if the writers did that cause they had seen these forums as well, the fatter guy reminded me of Sam and at the start i thought they were Northern soldiers not Lannister stromtroopers. Oh and the Mountain would destroy Loras! He almost did but the Hound saved him. Plus if Brienne is strong enough to take him down the Mountain could, well the Cona Stevens one could not sure about the Avp Predator guy Mountain!
[close]

Shadowbaby!

Shasvre

Shasvre

That's another thing that bugged me with this episode. In the books, it's made clear that Ser Loras is a very skilled fighter. He never fought against Brienne in the books, but if I remember correctly, there was one remark that while she was good, she was nowhere near as good as Ser Loras.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

If you guys really want to know what happens next week:
Spoiler
...do you really want to know? ok...
Spoiler
Shadowbaby kills Renly. Melisandre 1 Smartypants Renly 0.
[close]
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Laufey on Apr 24, 2012, 12:57:23 PM
That's another thing that bugged me with this episode. In the books, it's made clear that Ser Loras is a very skilled fighter. He never fought against Brienne in the books, but if I remember correctly, there was one remark that while she was good, she was nowhere near as good as Ser Loras.

He did fight Brienne. It was her introduction in A Clash of Kings. She beat him, and Renly made her part of the Rainbow Guard, just like in the show.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Really? I must have blacked out or something because I have no memory of that at all. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed