The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 473,854 times)

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 24, 2012, 12:59:24 PM
If you guys really want to know what happens next week:
Spoiler
...do you really want to know? ok...
Spoiler
Shadowbaby kills Renly. Melisandre 1 Smartypants Renly 0.
[close]
[close]

yeh i knew that was going to happen i haven read clsh of kings yet but i knew it from the internet accidently just didn't know exacly how but when i saw the end of the episode i knew.
Spoiler
Renly is going to cop it just like Creed, even people who don't know it must get the feeling with him bieng so smug and care free plus from the first episode you know that red witch has power
[close]

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

A question....

Spoiler

When does Joffrey die?
[close]

Will it happen in season 2 or will we have to wait for season 3!!!

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Apr 27, 2012, 08:53:36 AM
A question....

Spoiler

When does Joffrey die?
[close]

Will it happen in season 2 or will we have to wait for season 3!!!

Spoiler
You'll either be waiting for the end of Season 3, or beginning of Season 4. I personally think it would be a great ending to Season 3 - because not only does Joffrey die in the scene, but two other characters have their new story arcs begin here.
[close]

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

It punches me in the heart to hear that Ian Whyte is now playing Gregor Clegane. Not only because Conan Stevens was perfect for the role (and demonstrated that fact for a season) but because it also sets precedent that others will and can be re-casted (and poorly at that!)

I was hoping for a 100% actor/character continuity.   :'(

For the record, I have no problem with recasting some of the younger cast members if the story jumps forward.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Just saw the latest episode...

Spoiler
Renly's death was dealt with a bit too hastily perhaps. It wasn't really bad or anything, but the way I pictured it when I read the book came across as more creepy.

I loved the ending, especially that smile on Arya's face.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spoiler
I'm disappointed by how they handled Renly's death. Should've been the closing scene of the previous episode, as opposed to the opening scene of this one.

Also, the Shadow should've looked more like a shadow, less like the thing from Lost.
[close]

Valaquen

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Goddamned monumental episode!

Spoiler
Theon's disturbed (and disturbing), crude execution of Ser Rodrik was one of my favorite moments in the entire show. Alfie Allen played the scene perfectly, and the heavy rainfall crashing down and meeting the increasing amount of blood with every hack at Rodrik's neck created a brutally powerful image. His inability to land a proper hit, ending in a certainly nontraditional dislocating of the head by a frustrated kick showed exactly how much rage had taken over.

This entire episode was littered with characters reaching their breaking points and finding their place in the season; all of it brilliant. I quite like this sexy red-haired wildling Ygritte... she's got a nice spunky attitude that should certainly add a lot to Jon's storyline; very well played by Rose Leslie-- what did you book fans think of her?

Forgot to mention last week how much I love the interactions between Tywin and Arya. Such an odd pairing, but what they get out of a conversation with one another is quite intriguing. That and seeing Maise Williams and Charles Dance have an almost-heart-to-heart is just the coolest thing ever.

I don't think enough can be said about the King's Landing riot... it was brutal, spontaneous, and incredibly intense. Seeing Tyrion (who is usually so calm) screaming at Joffrey in frustration (before laying a mighty slap upon his now thrice(!) struck cheek) was great. Speaking of characters at their breaking points, how about Daenerys?! Hell hath no fury like a woman (a Targaryen, nonetheless!) scorned... and my goodness she's got more than enough of that built up after the events of this episode. If she's all piss and vinegar, I'll take her word about fire and blood.

Best episode of the season, cannot wait to see what happens next!
[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwYafEfdTkA#ws

Shasvre

Shasvre

I agree, this was the best episode of the season. The last two episodes felt like they didn't have that much going on, but this one just jumped from one exciting moment to another.

Spoiler
The intro was great, with "the sea crashing over the gates" of Wintefell. Admist all chaos and betrayal, you almost feel bad for Theon. You really get the sense that he's way in over his head. There will be no easy way out of this one, and with Bolton dispatching his bastard son to deal with Theon, things are about to get ugly for him. And yes, the death of Ser Rodrik was very well exectued (pun intended). Just sets Theon apart from the more noble Starks even more, given Ned's very clean exectution at the start of the first season.

My favorite part of the episode was Jon, Qhorin and the rest traveling across the North. Ygriette was perfectly played, pretty much exactly the way I imagined her while reading the books. They really captured the fierce, confident and playful nature of her. I can't wait to see her and Jon's relationship evolve.

I also liked the scene with Robb and Talisa. Too bad it was cut short by Catelyn's arrival.

The people rising up against Joffrey at King's Landing was great. The almost-rape scene with Sansa was very well done and the Hounds intervention was as brutal as one would expect from a man such as himself.

The ending departed quite a lot from the books. I'm guessing that whoever stole the dragons are bringing them to the warlocks we saw a while ago. I really hope it's not Ser Jorah that stole them, but given that we didn't see his body with the rest, it could be.
[close]

Edit: Just saw the preview for the next episode...

Spoiler
...and it seems like Ser Jorah was not the one to steal the dragons after all. Good. :)
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Another great episode.

Spoiler
The death of Ser Rodrik was one of the best moments of the show. Also when the crowd turned on Joffery was an excellent moment, and the events that followed. Such as Tyrion slapping Joffery (that never gets old) whilst giving him a verbal beat down; also, the Hound coming to Sensa's aid. He's a despicable character but I was cheering for him during that scene. I was also on edge during the scene between Littlefinger & Tywin Lannister whilst Arya was pouring them drinks.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, I'll just agree with the consensus here, and say that was one of the best episodes yet.

And Sweeper, Ygritte was yet another fantastic character. You're gonna like her, I'm sure.

Shasvre

Shasvre

By the way, what do you guys think of Tom Wlaschiha's portayal of Jaqen H'ghar? While we haven't seen him doing much (I believe that will change pretty soon however), I still think his role have been pretty memorable. Wlaschiha have certainly managed to portray the cool, relaxed and confident character that he's supposed to be.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I think he's pitch-perfect from the books. Excellently handled.

scm

scm

I'm hoping that they bring in
small character and book spoilers:
Spoiler
ramsay as reek next episode and that theon doesn't take his place with the miller boys
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Whilst everything's been great so far at this juncture I'm regretting the time wasted on unnecessary scenes, such as the Joffrey-prostitute scene, or anything with Roz - because they have a massive story to tell and can't afford to waste time; they're cutting corners as it is. I'm not entirely confident in the way they've introduced Roose Bolton (a lot of GoT fans didn't even catch on that he was in this yet) and The Mountain has lost all of his menace and presence. There's a whole strata of secondary characters, like Polliver or The Mountain, who are getting short-shrifted in favour of a prostitute from Winterfell or additional scenes reminding us that Joffrey is sadistic. That aside, I love the show.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed