The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,330 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 15, 2012, 09:13:29 PM
Just checked and woah -- he's completely unrecognizable at that time.
Shocking, eh!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 15, 2012, 09:13:44 PM
So I only just got into this show about a month ago. I missed it the first time around but my housemate got Season 1 and I absolutely fell in love with it. Cracking, cracking show. Loving Season 2 far as well and I've started reading the first book.
It sure is fantastiche!

First Blood

First Blood

Pretty good episode. :)

Spoiler
The scene with Theon's baptism at the Iron Islands was perhaps my favorite moment in the episode.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Fantastic episode. Best this season. Loved every moment.

Spoiler
"I've never liked crossbows. Take too long to reload!"

:'(
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
I am gonna miss Yoren as well. :(
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spoiler
Went down like a f**king champ, though.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
Indeed, him and Syrio both. 8)
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spoiler
I still hold a small hope the Syrio fought his way out with that bit of hilt, and shows up in the sixth or seventh book.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Beautiful episode. My favorite parts were... well, all of it. Some stand outs were Tyrion's coversation with Varys,
Spoiler
Theon's "baptism" pledge (anybody else notice how f**king amazing the score was there?),
[close]
And Yoren's tale to Arya... including the following.

Spoiler
Yoren.....  :'(
[close]

Guh! One of my favorite shows ever. Absolutely wonderful.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJdnxnvVGn0#ws

Shasvre

Shasvre

Another good episode.

Spoiler
I would have liked if Margaery was a bit more like in the books though. She came across as a bit sweeter there, not as manipulative as she did here.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spoiler
Going off the fourth book, she seems fairly manipulative. I think they're just bringing that aspect of the character out more clearly and more quickly.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Probably my favourite episode yet, because it was so well paced.

Whaddaya think of this possibility?

Spoiler
Sean Bean: 'Game of Thrones flashback a possibility'
Sean Bean has revealed that he has enjoyed watching the second season of HBO's Game of Thrones.

The Missing actor played the lead role of Ned Stark in the first season until he was killed off in a twist storyline.
When asked about the second season so far, he told The Hollywood Reporter: "It's great! I just thought, I should get back in it again. I know that's a really stupid thing to say.

"I've been very impressed by it. Lena Headey, she's wonderful in it, Peter Dinklage is great."

Bean has expressed his desire to return to the drama in a flashback appearance before, and he revealed that the idea is still "a possibility".

"It's a possibility," he said. "There is some mention of flashback with Ned Stark so that'd be nice, just to pop in again and get me crackle on."

The actor also joked that he is particularly good at dying on screen after a number of his roles have ended in death.

"I'll have to remember that - I'm a really good dier. I've been fortunate that I've [had] a lot of good heroic deaths," he said.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a375778/sean-bean-game-of-thrones-flashback-a-possibility.html
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

It was nice to finally see Brienne by the way. Perfect casting for her.

First Blood

First Blood

It was another good episode; quite a few despicable acts in this one. I think I despise Joffrey just as much as Cersei.

Spoiler
And Melisandre's birth was some freaky shit.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

This has gotta be one of the most disturbing and implied-graphic episodes yet; not very much explicit gore, but I think that makes it worse. Everything was in the imagination. And it was fantastic.

Quote"Loras had been stabbing Renly for year, he's still not dead!"

:laugh:

Spoiler

They are really making Joffrey even mores despicable than he was in the books; not sure how I like that, but it sure is working. Prefer it if they made him a little more relatable, though; his abandonment and daddy issues, never having had a real strong authority figure keeping him in check.

Loved how Tywin just instantly knew that 'Arry' was really a girl. Just love his character.

The birth at the end was simply fantastic; I don't really like how the Shadows themselves looked (I always pictured them more as, y'know, shadows, less like Venom) but it was still horrific, and Liam Cunningham's reactions just made the scene.
[close]

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Liam is definitely a stand out so far this season.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed