Simply Terrible
21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 955,630 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 25, 2013, 05:32:35 PM
I haven't seen this movie and haven't read a single post in this thread.  Should I go see it?

It`s a movie. You `ll either like it or not, it`s a matter of taste. But still it`s one of those films that should be watched on big screen, cause size really matters in this one  ;)

Aspie

Aspie

I haven't seen this movie and haven't read a single post in this thread.  Should I go see it?

Did you like the Transformer movies? If so, then this movie is for you.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 25, 2013, 06:36:48 PM

lol noooooooooope. Most people in this thread don't like Transformers, but they love Pacific Rim. Aspie's trying to start another war again.  :laugh:

Master

Master

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 25, 2013, 06:42:19 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Aug 25, 2013, 06:36:48 PM

lol noooooooooope. Most people in this thread don't like Transformers, but they love Pacific Rim. Aspie's trying to start another war again.  :laugh:

Troll is doing what he always do  ::)

Aspie

Aspie

They don't like the characters and the dialogue.

While Pacific Rim does have more likeable characters (even if they aren't as structured as the ones in Transformers) and much better dialogue, everything else was pretty much on par with the first Transformers film.

And like Transformers, the only real reason to go see it is for the CGI show:

Quote from: Master on Aug 25, 2013, 06:31:00 PM

But still it`s one of those films that should be watched on big screen, cause size really matters in this on;)

Rong

Rong

I'd just like to interject here aspie thinks "the green lantern" is a good film  :P

Master

Master

Nope Aspie, no matter how hard you try, Transformers are not Kajiu genere. PR is deal with it.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Master on Aug 25, 2013, 06:51:39 PM
Nope Aspie, no matter how hard you try, Transformers are not Kajiu genere. PR is deal with it.

Agreed. 

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Rong on Aug 25, 2013, 06:48:39 PM
I'd just like to interject here aspie thinks "the green lantern" is a good film  :P

I liked it the same way I liked Pacific Rim. Pure dumb fun :P

Quote from: Master on Aug 25, 2013, 06:51:39 PM

Never said Transformers was. I'm just saying that one would go watch Pacific Rim for the same reasons one would go watch a Transformers films.

For pure dumb fun.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I haven't been here in a while and Aspie's still trolling this thread.  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is it better than Iron Man 3?

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

By miles.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 25, 2013, 07:22:02 PM
Is it better than Iron Man 3?

Yes.

To be fair though, Troll 2 and The Room were better than Iron Man 3.

Master

Master

The fact you like it for same reasons as Transformers dosen`t mean everybody does. So stop mumbling it`s similar film to transformers cause it isn`t. It isn`t similar film to Godzilla (although they are from thesame genere) nor similar to Robot Jox. It`s an animal of it`s own, quite fresh if you ask me. Not perfect, but not bad be any means.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Master on Aug 25, 2013, 07:38:49 PM
The fact you like it for same reasons as Transformers dosen`t mean everybody does. So stop mumbling it`s similar film to transformers cause it isn`t. It isn`t similar film to Godzilla (although they are from thesame genere) nor similar to Robot Jox. It`s an animal of it`s own, quite fresh if you ask me. Not perfect, but not bad be any means.

... I haven't read a review on here that has not been the equivalent to:

"OH GAWD LOOK AT DERM SPECIAL EFFECTS AND MONSTERS DESIGNS HUE HUE HUE HUE."

Transformers draws it's only praise from special effects and the robot's design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed