12 (29.3%)
Simply Terrible
21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 940,700 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Mountains of Madness isn't happening, so Guillermo del Toro (Blade II, Hellboy 1-2, Pan's Lanyrinth) is making this giant monster film his next project!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48780

This movie was once thought to be the Godzila reboot, but that's untrue. I can't wait to see Del Toro making some giant monster action.

Edit: Typos fixed. I can't believe I never really noticed them :P!

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Needs more tekeli-li.

/bitter

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

My body is so f**king ready. :)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Maybe this will bring back the age of Gaint Monsters again like they back in the 50's and 60's.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Nah. I don't think there's much of a taste for it anymore - fear of nuclear catastrophe isn't at the forefront of most people's minds. And we've already seen what the genre looks like when it's made with modern sensibilities, in the form of the American Godzilla and Cloverfield.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think the worst thing about this movie so far is that the writer behind the recent Clash of the Titans remake is the writer for this movie.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 09, 2011, 01:55:11 AM
I think the worst thing about this movie so far is that the writer behind the recent Clash of the Titans remake is the writer for this movie.

Okay, that's bad. :-\

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Del Toro is the director, he should make things a lot better.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Del Toro is officially directing.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=31552

Legendary Pictures announced today that Guillermo del Toro is directing the company's upcoming feature, Pacific Rim, confirmed as his next film. The film has already entered pre-production and will begin principal photography in September 2011. Pacific Rim will be released during summer 2013 and will be produced by Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni for Legendary Pictures and Guillermo del Toro.

Stated Guillermo del Toro: "We started developing PAC RIM a while ago with the mad passion and enthusiasm of a project unwatched and unchecked by politics or comparisons. We designed and shepherded the movie we want to make. We start shooting in September and we hit the ground running because we are so in sync. My partnership with Legendary represents, both in scale and creative demands, a huge step forward for me."

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 09, 2011, 06:03:50 PM
Del Toro is officially directing.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=31552

Legendary Pictures announced today that Guillermo del Toro is directing the company's upcoming feature, Pacific Rim, confirmed as his next film. The film has already entered pre-production and will begin principal photography in September 2011. Pacific Rim will be released during summer 2013 and will be produced by Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni for Legendary Pictures and Guillermo del Toro.

Stated Guillermo del Toro: "We started developing PAC RIM a while ago with the mad passion and enthusiasm of a project unwatched and unchecked by politics or comparisons. We designed and shepherded the movie we want to make. We start shooting in September and we hit the ground running because we are so in sync. My partnership with Legendary represents, both in scale and creative demands, a huge step forward for me."

So LP now has two giant monster movies in store for us? Cool. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

SOunds cool. Maybe after Cloverfield (despite its love/hate relationship with fans of the genre), this and Godzilla come out, there will be another boom of giant monster movies!

severen76

severen76

Interesting. What's it actually about though? :-[

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 08, 2011, 09:39:19 PM
Maybe this will bring back the age of Gaint Monsters again like they back in the 50's and 60's.
THIS.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 09, 2011, 10:04:43 PM
SOunds cool. Maybe after Cloverfield (despite its love/hate relationship with fans of the genre), this and Godzilla come out, there will be another boom of giant monster movies!
AND THIS.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: severen76 on Mar 09, 2011, 10:27:23 PM
Interesting. What's it actually about though? :-[

The movie deals with a group of people in the future that must surrived against a group of gaint monsters.

SM

SM

Sweet!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed