The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jun 26, 2010, 06:01:54 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread (Read 355,699 times)

Cal427eb

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 03, 2013, 12:29:40 AM
Oh my gawd. You bash the movie endlessly and then buy it. f**k off! :laugh:

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: winddownandsmoke92 on Dec 02, 2013, 02:59:01 AM
Name the best Alien film to watch while under the influence or smoking a bowl and getting high. I always find myself getting attached to Alien when I smoke. There is nothing more intense and epic than watching Alien and smoking some dro on a 55 inch LED Samsung flat screen with a blu-ray player and surround sound. The acting is seamless, Alien produces a atmosphere like NO OTHER, There was sooooo much more meaning and emotion behind each one of the crew members decisions and the comradery between them, one moment the crew was calm collected and started to wake up expecting to see earth suddenly the crew members are thrust into a situation of events where they have to fight for their lives and struggle between life and death which became such an apparent focus of the story and a powerful one at that, the deep claustraphobic tension of walking through those wet, dark, rustic corridors, the sound effects and the visuals of this film are nothing short from perfect. Like Brett search for Jones throughout the ship. The water running down the chains swaying back and forth with the Alien above ready to violate its prey. The build up to the end with Ripley racing around the ship and finding Dallas and Brett cocooned to that wall was very intense and extremely disturbing. Everything felt realer, more meaningful, and it definitely made me see so much more why Alien is such a classic sci-fi horror masterpiece. I watched Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection and Prometheus high and each film gave its own unique feel and experience while smoking but SERIOUSLY nothing beats the first Alien.

WOW........thats all I got to say.

So as a fan of the series what Alien film really leaves an impact while your high or under the influence?

Rong

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: RobThom on Dec 03, 2013, 11:06:27 PM
I dont know much about conrad that cant be easily gleaned from wiki.

But I did check out "the Duel" on audio book (I'm not a good reader), and he's a good writer.

One of those really good pre-pop writers like Jack london.
Theres an argument that London was a pop writer,
and thats true.

But he was a good one.
Like Alien was a "good" monster movie.

The book (the duel) is deeper and more subtle then the movie.
(The movie is better in a different way.)

Recommended!

RobThom posts...
are like terrible haikus,
and thats true.

King Rathalos

Cal427eb

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Rong on Dec 10, 2013, 04:33:09 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 10, 2013, 03:34:58 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Dec 10, 2013, 03:17:22 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 10, 2013, 02:56:17 AM
Does Pn know you raided his wardrobe?
Nope.

You won't believe the shit I saw in his closet.
Dead people.
Spoiler
[close]
catching my breath, oh jesus

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 10, 2013, 04:49:16 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 10, 2013, 03:54:50 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 10, 2013, 02:30:06 PM
This is from October, but I never knew this. Apparently Affleck was reluctant to take on the role of Bats.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-was-reluctant-take-651082
Really? I reckon it was the shitzillion dollars he was probably offered.
In retrospect, that may just be it.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 11, 2013, 01:27:31 AM
There are some people who take a reasonable position.  I would urge everyone to ignore SM.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2013, 02:57:48 AM
Quote from: Liberator on Dec 11, 2013, 01:27:31 AM
There are some people who take a reasonable position.  I would urge everyone to ignore SM.

Fack u Na, why u make me read that thread.....

Nightmare Asylum

The lens flare will shoot you if you don't.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: B-Rad G on Oct 14, 2008, 11:27:32 AM
When I was 13, I had a dream where A monkey came to my house and He bite me then I got aids later. Then the whole world got aids from the Monkey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed