Prometheus+Predators?

Started by TJByrum, Nov 15, 2013, 09:07:59 PM

Author
Prometheus+Predators? (Read 38,885 times)

SM

SM

Yeah I dunno why they aren't up to AvP 7 or 8 by now.

Liberator

Liberator

You may be right that they should be kept out of Prometheus.  They are only slightly included in the movie as it is, and I tend to look at it like when at the end of Predator 2, an alien skull was shown among the predators' trophies from hunts in space.  The predators are welcome in Prometheus "just to suggest that there might be some bad-ass races out there, besides humans or the engineers".  THAT'S IT.  They shouldn't be "in the movie, as characters to meet or anything".  They just can add to the fear-factor, and the background of the "world" the writers are making.

SM

SM

Predators aren't in Prometheus.  They never will be in

Liberator

Liberator

There are some people who take a reasonable position.  I would urge everyone to ignore SM.

SM

SM

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Eva on Dec 10, 2013, 10:29:40 PM
Why does Predators have to appear in everything that doesn't really concern them? Because, uh well, it worked so well the last couple of times they did that for the big screen, right? :D
To be fair it's not like he's shitting up the entire subforum with Predator talk - he's keeping it contained to one Predator-centric topic that he didn't even start. I'm personally okay with that. :P

Liberator

Liberator

I think the shot is great, with the predator.  I think it would be best for all the franchises if in the actual "series" movies, they don't do crossovers.  In AVP3, then we have a chance to include all three, but the story lines of each independent series shouldn't have to include anything from the cross-over movies.

If they are going to make something very good with the predators in Prometheus, though, as I think they may have already (and dropped clues to it), then I'd say get ready for them to fill a rather big role.  They're real game changers for the engineers.

happypred

happypred

I would find it hilarious if Dark Horse decides to run with this supposed "easter egg" and actually imply that a predator does spy on the Prometheus crew

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: happypred on Dec 11, 2013, 02:51:15 AM
I would find it hilarious if Dark Horse decides to run with this supposed "easter egg" and actually imply that a predator does spy on the Prometheus crew
Me too. I'd give them points for creativity - it'd be Star Wars EU levels of "using some insignificant background detail to make a side story".

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Sorry, but this thread is such a troll thread meant to piss people off.

There is NOTHING Predator or AVP in Prometheus. Shoehorning in so called "references" is like when some religious nuts see the shape of Jesus Christ in a slice of burnt toast or in the furry behind of a cat - it's there if you really want it to be there, but not really.

Seriously, R. Scott is totally indifferent to the Predator franchise and he doesn't like the AVP franchise. Why in god's name would he pay tribute things that he doesn't like; things that he believes cheapened the Alien brand?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 11, 2013, 03:27:37 AM
Sorry, but this thread is such a troll thread meant to piss people off.
And apparently you took the bait.

I still think this thread (and the Predator reference in Prometheus) is hilarious. If you're getting angry about it, I think you're doing it wrong.

Liberator

Liberator

I urge everyone to just ignore rude posts.  Maybe some of the people here should be reported, though.  Don't listen to anyone trying to crash this discussion.  THEY are doing THAT to piss off people.

Quote from: happypred on Dec 11, 2013, 02:51:15 AM

It would be pretty funny, wouldn't it?  I mean this in a good way, of course.

TJ, I could start making a list of everything from Prometheus I think would carry over well into an AVP3 movie set in the far future in outer space.

We have the black goo, the juggernauts, LV 223 itself, the alien snakes, the murals, and the engineers to work with.

SM

SM

I urge everyone to read delusional posts.

4 teh lulz.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Many lulz were had.

Liberator

Liberator

"You still don't understand...  Whatever it is out there, it..."

I look forward to the space jockeys, full size, and deacons 30+' tall like dinosaurs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed