The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jun 26, 2010, 06:01:54 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread (Read 357,700 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: The hated one on Dec 13, 2012, 09:23:47 AM
And cool breeze.. You are a bigger dick than i am.. But you know this i suspect.
Quote from: coolbreeze on Dec 13, 2012, 09:25:59 AM
Quote from: The hated one on Dec 13, 2012, 09:23:47 AM

And cool breeze.. You have a bigger dick than i.. But you know this i suspect.

KNIGHT

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 14, 2012, 04:32:05 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 14, 2012, 04:27:30 PM
Well, did you enjoy it while watching?
The movie just cut off. It ended...but in a way that is equivalent to pressing the SAVE button on a game, turning off the console, and then leaving the room.  ???

First Blood

First Blood

I don't think I've ever heard the end of a movie described like that before. :D

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 16, 2012, 06:11:43 AM
If I could wait for the masterpiece that was Green Lantern, I guess I can wait for this.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 17, 2012, 08:13:35 PM
One major difference between FOTR and The Hobbit is that in FOTR, it actually matters if the good guys get what they want. They're not just going out to try and get some gold, they're going out to try and destroy an evil being that threatens to destroy everything. And Frodo has a reason to go on this quest personally. And the bad guys are actually opposed to this goal.

Here, Bilbo joins their quest because why the hell not, and then does nothing for an extraordinary amount of time. All the bad guys don't care one way or another about the gold, they're here because they want to kill that one dwarf or because they're monsters and that's what they do. Because of this, all motives in the movie feel like excuses to have visuals and quote Tolkein, as opposed to actually existing to make us care about what happens.

And there are redundant scenes that do nothing but pad out the running time.

And then there's the fact that Gandalf can do whatever he wants because there aren't any rules set up in this movie (giant birds! flaming acorns! Why not.) and the fact that the entire Radagast/Necromancer/Rivendell scenes are entirely irrelevant... to this movie.

The fact that it's only part 1 is not an excuse. Jackson and co decided to make this part of the book into its own movie. Therefore, it was their duty to make it work as a movie and, on a story level, they failed. This isn't an adaptation, it's a translation, and it doesn't translate well as it is. Changes should have been made.

Because the story didn't work, I couldn't enjoy the amazing visual feast. I tried, believe me. But really, all the cool shots and effects did was make me not downright hate the movie. Instead, I simply don't like it. In every movie (or at least the narrative ones) the screenplay is the most important thing. Screenplay is king, and this one should have been whittled down and whipped into shape. Want to make 3 movies? Fine. But make 3 movies. Don't just ramble for two and a half hours and stop when the time is up.

BUT, again, the Gollum scene is the exception. Because it's exceptional. I bought the motives. There was an actual conflict, which lead to tension. And I really cared.

This made so much sense it would've been a disservice not to post it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 19, 2012, 05:20:21 AM

"I'm shocked, shocked to find there is nudity in here!"

"Your nude pictures, sir."           
          "Oh, thank you very much."

Prime113

Prime113

*As Coolbreeze kicks through a door in Splinter Cell*
Quotef**k THIS DOOR!

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Prime113 on Dec 19, 2012, 06:59:02 AM
*As Coolbreeze kicks through a door in Splinter Cell*
Quotef**k THIS DOOR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SFXQfE4kk#ws

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Dachande on Dec 19, 2012, 07:54:53 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 19, 2012, 08:31:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0Q904gtMI#ws

GANDALF! THE EAGLES! THE EAGLES ARE COMING!
Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Dec 19, 2012, 08:00:18 PM
It is the opposite.
Quote from: Dachande on Dec 19, 2012, 08:03:25 PM
!GNIMOC ERA SELGAE EHT !SELGAE EHT !FLADNAG

That doesn't look right...
Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 19, 2012, 08:04:50 PM
Quote from: Dachande on Dec 19, 2012, 08:03:25 PM
!GNIMOC ERA SELGAE EHT !SELGAE EHT !FLADNAG

That doesn't look right...

I thought you were quoting something from Lovecraft for a second. :laugh:
Quote from: Dachande on Dec 19, 2012, 08:08:28 PM
Shit. BRB Summoned Cthulu...

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 19, 2012, 10:35:37 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 19, 2012, 10:17:03 PM
But what if his avatar isn't really an avatar? What if its really his soul discussed as a contradictory avatar encased within the confines of this website, seeking to dig its way through the internet and find its way back to paradise?
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/Space-Sweeper/Various%20GIFs/tumblr_ltjdg7hu811qkltk6o4_250.gif

Dying right here

Nightmare Asylum

Bleh, the Quotes Thread always makes me realize my stupid spelling mistakes. Should be "disguised", not "discussed" :P

Aspie

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 19, 2012, 06:10:42 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 19, 2012, 05:20:21 AM

"I'm shocked, shocked to find there is nudity in here!"

"Your nude pictures, sir."           
          "Oh, thank you very much."

I made it, I made the thread!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Not the first time, is it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed