SpaceMarines

Tuesday's seeming like the day for me.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Nightlord on Dec 13, 2012, 11:58:56 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Dec 13, 2012, 11:56:36 PM
Nightlord, did you watch it in 48fps?
Nope, 24 fps.

Another thing I forgot to mention, the movie is worth seeing for The riddles in the dark scene alone, Gollum really stole the show there.
Really? Well that's good to hear. Honestly, I've seen a few clips from that scene and to be honest, I thought they were shit.  :-\. Martin saying 'stay back' while waving his head or some such sounded so fake, and then there's a bunch of added Gollum lines that appear to be too modern and comical for a creature that has been living in an underground cave void of light for hundreds of years. Cringeworthy. But your recommendation definitely reassures me, if only slightly.  ;D

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: BANE on Dec 14, 2012, 03:23:51 AM
Nope, 24 fps.

Another thing I forgot to mention, the movie is worth seeing for The riddles in the dark scene alone, Gollum really stole the show there.
Really? Well that's good to hear. Honestly, I've seen a few clips from that scene and to be honest, I thought they were shit.  :-\. Martin saying 'stay back' while waving his head or some such sounded so fake, and then there's a bunch of added Gollum lines that appear to be too modern and comical for a creature that has been living in an underground cave void of light for hundreds of years. Cringeworthy. But your recommendation definitely reassures me, if only slightly.  ;D
Well I won't deny the whole thing is a bit modernised for both Bilbo and Gollum but I really did enjoy it and Gollum was perfect to me, he flips between Smeagol and Gollum at the right moments during the riddle game providing humour one minute and having over enthusiastic thoughts of eating Bilbo the next, also when Bilbo is thinking of killing him the face on Gollum really makes you pity him, Andy Serkis pretty much aced it again.

Gripe list, just because.
Spoiler
.The dwarf introductions
.Orks can't speak english but goblins can perfectly....
.The part in Rhosgobel with the hegehog and spiders left me confused
.The stone giant scene
.Saurons goofy as hell look, think Johann krauss from Hellboy 2 but black, also I honestly almost laughed when the camera did
Spoiler
[close]
.The whole made up story about the Witch king being defeated and imprisoned, BS, never happened
.Azog being alive, could've easily been replaced with Bolg and the movie would be the exact same
[close]

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

f**king step-mom being a bitch won't let me see this today.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Nightlord on Dec 14, 2012, 03:52:44 AM
Nope, 24 fps.

Well I won't deny the whole thing is a bit modernised for both Bilbo and Gollum but I really did enjoy it and Gollum was perfect to me, he flips between Smeagol and Gollum at the right moments during the riddle game providing humour one minute and having over enthusiastic thoughts of eating Bilbo the next, also when Bilbo is thinking of killing him the face on Gollum really makes you pity him, Andy Serkis pretty much aced it again.

Spoiler
.The dwarf introductions
.The stone giant scene
.Saurons goofy as hell look, think Johann krauss from Hellboy 2 but black, also I honestly almost laughed when the camera did
Spoiler
[close]
.The whole made up story about the Witch king being defeated and imprisoned, BS, never happened
.Azog being alive, could've easily been replaced with Bolg and the movie would be the exact same
[close]
I didn't read your gripe list, because I don't want too many spoilers, but I'll be posting a review tonight, one which will probably be filled with far more gripes than yours.  :laugh:

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: BANE on Dec 14, 2012, 03:50:12 PM
Nope, 24 fps.

Spoiler
.The dwarf introductions
.The stone giant scene
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
I didn't read your gripe list, because I don't want too many spoilers, but I'll be posting a review tonight, one which will probably be filled with far more gripes than yours.  :laugh:

Oh, that's gonna be one hell of a review. ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So if Sunday doesn't end up working out for me, I'm going to have to try for Tuesday.

Oh man, I need to see this now...

Aspie

Aspie

I just came back from it guys...

I can't tell if I loved it or not ???

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, did you enjoy it while watching?

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 14, 2012, 04:27:30 PM

But that's the thing!

It had some pacing issues, but overall it was very enjoyable.

But then...the movie just cut off. It ended...but in a way that is equivalent to pressing the SAVE button on a game, turning off the console, and then leaving the room.  ???

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Seems to me like you are going to enjoy it more once you can see all three films together, then :)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: BANE on Dec 14, 2012, 03:50:12 PM
Nope, 24 fps.

Spoiler
.The dwarf introductions
.The stone giant scene
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
:laugh: Should be good.

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 14, 2012, 04:32:05 PM

But that's the thing!

But then...the movie just cut off. It ended...but in a way that is equivalent to pressing the SAVE button on a game, turning off the console, and then leaving the room.  ???
Hmm, I thought it was a perfect cut off point,
Spoiler
They are on the Carrock and about to go down and meet Beorn, plus the trush waking up Smaug was just great.
[close]

Gazz

Gazz

Back from watching it on IMAX HFR (my second viewing, the first being 2D 24fps) and I enjoyed it a hell of a lot. It's predictably far more whimsical than the LOTR's trilogy and though seldom as epic, was just as fun at times. However I felt everything upto the council of Elrond, albiet enjoyable, was thinly spread (like too little butter scraped over bread). But from there onwards I was firmly onboard and though much smaller than the LOTR trilogy in scope, it promises big things to come. Overall The Hobbit proves a very pleasant fun filled return to middle-earth.

As for the 48fps, well it's kind of a win-lose situation here. On one hand the picture is crystal clear providing an edge to the 3D special effects (especially Gollum) with next to no blur, and the action moves with such fluidity that it's hard not to marvel. On the other though stretches of the film benefitted from then format, an odd shot or sequence would prove jarring every once in a while, pulling me out of the film and it does unfortunately take some time to readjust once more. There is potential in the format but we're not quite at the point yet.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 14, 2012, 04:32:05 PM

But that's the thing!

haha "like pressing the SAVE button on a game and leaving"

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 14, 2012, 04:07:56 PM
So if Sunday doesn't end up working out for me, I'm going to have to try for Tuesday.

Oh man, I need to see this now...
I might also have to wait until Sunday too  :-\

P.S. did anyone stay after the credits for the rumored trailer for the second film?

Keg

Keg

Booked my ticket for tomorrow. Taking my nephew. Cant wait.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed