Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,898 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 13, 2010, 12:10:06 AM
I hate sports ... Art band and acting takes alot more talent

No - just a different kind of talent.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 13, 2010, 12:10:06 AM
I hate sports ... Art band and acting takes alot more talent
A different form of talent, your comparing apples and oranges.

DAMN, I just got ninja'd

Predator Queen

Still sports get more recognition in schools especially they don't give a damn about anything else and that's not fair. 

Pn2501

Pn2501

"why I am cheering for my team? It doesn't mean any -- it doesn't make sense. But the point is, it does make sense: it's a way of building up irrational attitudes of submission to authority, and group cohesion behind leadership elements -- in fact, it's training in irrational jingoism. That's also a feature of competitive sports. I think if you look closely at these things, I think, typically, they do have functions, and that's why energy is devoted to supporting them and creating a basis for them and advertisers are willing to pay for them and so on". - Noam Chomsky

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 13, 2010, 12:36:57 AM
Still sports get more recognition in schools especially they don't give a damn about anything else and that's not fair. 

Life isn't fair. Anyone who tells you different is selling something.

SM

SM

Word.

Also depends on which country and which school in that country.  Can't imagine any schools who put more priority on sport over academic achievement.  Not publicly at least.

Private Hudson

Mine! In Redneckville Tennessee!

I hate my school. Academics never get mentioned unless it's about retards who refuse to do their work, thus getting people who actually do their work, even more work.

SM

SM

Quote from: Private Hudson on Dec 13, 2010, 01:56:03 AM
I hate my school. Academics never get mentioned unless it's about retards who refuse to do their work, thus getting people who actually do their work, even more work.

Based on that not quite coherent post - I believe you.

Geronimo

Geronimo

At my school I was on the Rugby team last year and I am on the Athletic council currently. It would seem sports get a lot of recognition but at my school in particular we also have quite the reputation for music and dance. My step brothers went to the same school and have a lot of music awards.  ;D We also have advanced year round courses like Writers Craft where the students are recognized with awards in the end. I am in Writers Craft but only for one semester so I won't be getting an award, but I don't care for awards that much. I have learned what I went there for and I have a very nice mark at the moment.  ;D At least there is no exam for the first half.  :D

Predator Queen

Quote from: Private Hudson on Dec 13, 2010, 01:56:03 AM
Mine! In Redneckville Tennessee!

You mean real retarded people or people like me who just never did there homework but somehow graduated?

Private Hudson

People who don't do their work and don't care that they failed every year and are still in their Freshmen year while they are supposed to be in their Senior year.

chupacabras acheronsis

sounds alot like the Guetto school my mum works as a teacher in.

PredalienXenomorph

My school don't give a rat's ass about sports, The more academically intellegent students receive repeated praise, but when I became the first student in my school to compete at the national level in any sport. I got a nod during the mid year assembly.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

On sports...some schools will also give more recognition to certain sports over others. I remember my high school was all about rugby for some reason but hockey and soccer were kinda meh. In the States I'm pretty sure high school wrestling is the be-all, end-all sport in that country and anything else at the high school level doesn't usually compare in terms of popularity.

Private Hudson

At my school it is American Football that is more important over Football, Baseball, etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed