Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,704 times)

SM

SM

QuoteIf the minority were hateful and violent, we would have had a hell of a lot less conflict during our existence.

There was a lot MORE conflict before our - ie. current generations - existance.

QuoteAnd no, I really don't condemn the human race, I don't think we'll fail. I think we just suck right now.

We suck less than we did.  And lazily posting "Humanity. That about covers it." in a thread called "Things you just hate in the world" isn't condemnation now?

QuoteHopefully we don't have to be replaced...

So we're an evolutionary dead end?

QuoteWe just need to quit fighting and get the hell off this planet.

We have nowhere to go.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2012, 12:08:04 AM
QuoteIf the minority were hateful and violent, we would have had a hell of a lot less conflict during our existence.

There was a lot MORE conflict before our - ie. current generations - existance.

QuoteAnd no, I really don't condemn the human race, I don't think we'll fail. I think we just suck right now.

We suck less than we did.  And lazily posting "Humanity. That about covers it." in a thread called "Things you just hate in the world" isn't condemnation now?

QuoteHopefully we don't have to be replaced...

So we're an evolutionary dead end?

QuoteWe just need to quit fighting and get the hell off this planet.

We have nowhere to go.
It's actually the fact that we're better now and having less conflict but continuing threats of war that make me the most angry. We're going so far but holding ourselves back.

Honestly, I was mostly angry when I posted the "Humanity comment".
Lately I'm just getting pissed at all the shit going on. I apologize for being a bit cynical, I meant the majority of what we're doing at the present time.

No, I thought you meant the next species to overtake us, not the next version of us. I misunderstood, sorry.

The moon? Mars? We could make bases and complexes. It doesn't have to be habitable. We just need to spread.
And if we banded together and focused on advancement rather than less important matters, we probably would have developed technology to get us to habitable places by now.

SM

SM

If we truly did that we wouldn't need to go anywhere else.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Well sure we would. Overpopulation would mean that this planet is going to get really crowded soon. And like I said, Earth could be destroyed at any moment, we can't predict these things perfectly, because we aren't advanced enough. We should spread because we can, we are capable of it, it's logical.

Eventually, we can create defenses for the places we inhabit.
It just makes things more comfortable and healthy. And increases our chance of survival.

SM

SM

The chances of us getting obliterated by something from space are fantastically small.

And if we managed ourselves  bit better down here, we wouldn't have a need to go anywhere else.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

True, I just think that if the chances exist, it's a good idea not to risk it, and overpopulation is sometimes hard to handle. And if we can, why the hell not. That and traveling through space and living on other planets is just f**kin awesome.  :P

Well, good talk man. You have changed some of my views.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Sep 19, 2012, 12:31:19 AM
...overpopulation is sometimes hard to handle.
We've made it hard to handle.

Crazy Rich

The rate of population growth is actually slowing down in North America and Europe I believe. I think there are some places in Europe that are even beginning to "stabalize".

Word of mouth in college.

BANE

BANE

I'll start to take any sort of note when the word is about Asia.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Yea, it's a cycle. There's actually a really cool theory on the "stages" of birth. How we progress and have more and more births until we begin to slow down at Stage 3, where we have begun to overpopulate. Stage 4 consists of numbers beginning to stabilize and decrease because of less relationships and sex protection. Stage 5 supposedly carries a plague that wipes out many, and restarts the cycle. We increase every time though, and eventually we'll overpopulate regardless.

It's just a theory, and I honestly don't agree with everything, but it's cool stuff.
Overpopulation is a delicate subject, but advancement and spread is an opportunity we should take.

SM

SM

Quote from: BANE on Sep 19, 2012, 12:45:12 AM

Give it about 20 years for China.

Don't hold your breathe on India though.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 19, 2012, 12:42:08 AM
The rate of population growth is actually slowing down in North America and Europe I believe. I think there are some places in Europe that are even beginning to "stabalize".

Word of mouth in college.

Well, don't forget South America, Asia, and the Middle East. They have a hell of a lot more births than we do. Having huge families. The main reason being third world countries that inhabit most of the continents. NA and Europe could stabilize and we could still be overpopulating. Advanced countries such as china and japan will eventually cool down though

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 18, 2012, 11:41:45 PM
And yet - here we still are.

But never mind that - lets condemn humanity as a whole for the actions of the minority.

The actions of the minority aren't condemned the majority. That's the real problem.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2012, 12:48:21 AM

Yep. At least China's putting in an effort.

As for Sinister, it's called a boom and bust population cycle. It's not unique to humanity. But we certainly are in a unique position to do something about it ourselves before 'mother nature' and her fists of fury do it for us, and she ain't so delicate.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: BANE on Sep 19, 2012, 12:50:15 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2012, 12:48:21 AM

Yep. At least China's putting in an effort.

As for Sinister, it's called a boom and bust population cycle. It's not unique to humanity. But we certainly are in a unique position to do something about it ourselves before 'mother nature' and her fists of fury do it for us, and she ain't so delicate.

She certainly isn't. According to the cycle though, Europe is in late Stage 4, the U.S closely follows. We just need to start doing something about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed