Ridley Scott Reveals 'Alien' Prequel Details

Started by Undel, Apr 23, 2010, 12:29:28 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Reveals 'Alien' Prequel Details (Read 38,149 times)

Undeadite

As long as they don't try to make the new female lead Ripley 2.0, then this could be freaking amazing!

MadassAlex

Not sure if want about a total Alien redesign. The Alien kicks a lot of ass. The key concept here, I think, is consistency with Kane's Son in terms of design elements. If it's not our father's (our?) Alien, fair enough, but there should be a sense of lineage between Jockey Alien and Kane's Son.

Also not sure if want about the Jockey explanation. Some exploration into the area would be cool, but not to the extent of removing all the mystery.

AncientPred

I am quite literally jumping with joy to hear all of this. This is going to be fantastic :)

As for the redesign, there are numerous ways to approach it. Many of which could be absolutely tremendous. :)

XenoVC

Piquing my interest once again,not too keen on some of the ideas.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I can't wait for a new alien design and the space jockeys idea to be explored

AncientPred

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 23, 2010, 05:38:20 AM
I can't wait for a new alien design and the space jockeys idea to be explored

:) I am happy.

Quote from: XenoVC on Apr 23, 2010, 05:32:15 AM
Piquing my interest once again,not too keen on some of the ideas.

But your interest is piqued nonetheless :)

Dino21AvP

I got excited after reading this, I'm interested about the Space Jockey but I hope they don't explore them too much and leave some mystery to them. Hopefully they don't redesign the Alien too much and stay faithful to the original design.

Corporal Hicks

Am quite sure he said redesign the early stages of the alien...not the entire thing?

Federick Gonsa

I was begining to think that they were not going to do anything. Glad to know they are moving forward.

C91_SJ

well maybe the redesign of the Alien has something to do with the Space Jockeys? Maybe the SJ is already dead in  the movie and we have the chance to the what turned out from it ;D

Awesome news anyways! Can'T wait it up, finally a new movie that might bring new spirit to the universe.

Valaquen

It's nice to wake up to good news. It's their Alien, Scott and Giger have more creative right to redesign it than ADI. It's their baby.

i'm thinking that they are going to have some sort of survey ship going around, find LV-426, find the derelict, and have the alien that came from the space jockey there . it's really weakened from age, so they gather a bunch of data on the derelict and capture the jockey alien, and it becomes more reawakened of the flight back to earth, kills everyone, the ship arrives at earth with the whole crew dead, the company begins researching the creature, and it is found to be really powerful, and it has to be destroyed so they begin work on sending another ship to the planet to bring back more info, and another live specimin?

either way i hope ian holm is in it :D

Master

I`m quite happy. If not the man himself than who should explore the origins of the beast? Some minor changes in facehugger and burster are ok. I hope they won`t over do it.

Puks

Finally some news.

I would like to see a new design for the space jockey alien, but would appreciate the good old giger alien, too.

My idea - put in one "boss" alien spawned from the derelict's Jockey with a new design from Giger and make it egg-morph a few people to create good old originals.

That way you can have several aliens without the need for a queen and both new and original designs in one movie.
Everyone's happy. If only Ridley read this..

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Damn it! It seems I'm always late to the party.

I'm liking that there still sticking with the prequel idea, it's really the only way go. Not sure how they could really redesign the early stages though, they all work well as they are. But as long as Giger's on board, I'll have an open mind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed