Ridley Scott Reveals 'Alien' Prequel Details

Started by Undel, Apr 23, 2010, 12:29:28 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Reveals 'Alien' Prequel Details (Read 37,912 times)

DragonBossk

This does seem very promising, I have faith Scott can pull off something talented, even if it doesn't appeal to all fans.

As for my preference I would rather that the company remains Weyland-Yutani in this prequel. Perhaps partially because AVP already wrecked this route somewhat. but primarily due to the sense of nostalgia, and the stretch of  power and greed the combined corporations portray in the expanded universe.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

The AvP series is not canon to the Alien series. They are their own separate franchises.

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 23, 2010, 09:05:17 AM
Damn it! It seems I'm always late to the party.

I'm liking that there still sticking with the prequel idea, it's really the only way go. Not sure how they could really redesign the early stages though, they all work well as they are. But as long as Giger's on board, I'll have an open mind.

i'm thinking that he means egg morphing, to many people the queen is the only way for eggs to come about. so in that sense egg-morphing IS a redesign.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

For joe-public, it's a redesign. But not so much to us fans. Don't get me wrong though, I do like the idea of egg-morphing.

MattTaz

Lambert 'wonder what happened to the rest of the crew?' comment does leave the door open a bit.

However the spacejockey was fossilised. Unless the atmosphere, or lack of, has some effect on its body, the spacejockey has been there for a long frickin time.

Awesome news from Sir Ridley. A decent Alien film, who would have thought  :)

SiL

So the first two were crap ???

Nightmare Asylum

AWESOME! Can't wait! Hopefully gonna be the best Alien movie since 1979!
And Ridley didn't even know how many sequels there already are. :P

Highland

Anyone else suggests Jockey storylines and alternate Aliens your shot down like a WW2 Spitfire, Mr Scott says a couple of lines to MTV and it's spunk City.  ???

At least it's a confirmation.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Please...no Space Jockey stuff...leave that up to the imagination.

Focus on the terraform idea...leave the Jockeys out of it.

x-M-x

2085 .....?? hmmm i don't know if i like that year lol 30 years before alien 1? so still set on LV 426? and seeing as its only "30 Years" the space jockey is still dead and sitting in the chair... no way he was alive 30 years ago he looks 30.000 years old lol.

Inverse Effect

Well this is looking good, revealing more about the space jokcey is always good, it's about time they break the mystery of what exactly that thing is. But it should end with more mystery though at the end of the prequel trilogy.

Well this film is looking good anyway. Seems like they are not going down wiith the AVP route again. Well the future does indeed look good.

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Apr 23, 2010, 10:58:09 AM
So the first two were crap ???
:P He must've really been taken by surprise.  AVP can do that to you.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 23, 2010, 02:48:39 AM
Exciting f**king news. I really cannot wait for this shit now.
Damn straight.

Nightmare Asylum

Now, any ideas if Scott is gonna rewrite canon with this one? Will the prequel negate anything in Aliens, Alien 3, or Alien Resurrection?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 23, 2010, 12:44:17 PM
Now, any ideas if Scott is gonna rewrite canon with this one? Will the prequel negate anything in Aliens, Alien 3, or Alien Resurrection?
I personally hope not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed