Old school predator (Spoiler)

Started by Milan, Mar 19, 2010, 12:40:27 PM

Author
Old school predator (Spoiler) (Read 58,100 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Milan on Apr 01, 2010, 06:07:16 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 01, 2010, 03:58:55 AM
Quote from: Milan on Apr 01, 2010, 01:19:26 AMOh, REALLY??? Thanks for letting me know that, I thought it was for real!!!
Thank god, now I can leave my apartment again during the summer without being afraid,
because an evil monster from space wants to hunt med down cause it thinks that my a$$ would look good on his trophy wall.
THANK YOU!!!
You have changed my life forever...
...Now I can go out during the days but I better stay inside at nights,
cause "they mostly come out at nights, mostly" ;)

Oh no, please don't go.

Please spend more of YOUR time writing out, what you yourself state, are pointless lengthy arguments.

There's nothing funnier than watching another person waste his own time.  ;)

Well, I could start posting in a way that would suit your taste better...

DUDE! the Pred got a awesome Plasma Caster!!! It just go BLAM!!! And a Head explodes like BLAM...

But these kind of caveman posts makes my face-palm go BLAM!

And I rather avoid the headache combined with a sore forehead.

You too have a brain, why should I be the only one using it in a discussion?
You might even find it refreshing, give it a try, it won't hurt.
You might even find it more fun than watching a fellow member waisting his time...
...cause he gave something a serious thought.

( me writing the example, the argument in it, ain't me giving my opinion in a serious way, the point I made with that argument was however serious. If you still don't get what I'm trying to say then give me 3 random statements about the Predator as an Alien, use stuff that can be seen in the movies and I'll show you my point.)

Nah, f**k it, I'm in no mood too bitch about this one.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 01, 2010, 04:51:52 AM
Quote from: Hybrid PM on Apr 01, 2010, 04:46:30 AM
It is, but I think its possible.

To be honest, I like ALL of the Predators in ALL of the films.

From everything I have been hearing from the Chat Q&A with Rodriguez, I'm willing to give this new renegade clan a chance. I can tell you I already like the classic Predator, but let's see how these renegade Predators fair..

My fears are all gone.

-Rakai'Thwei

I was skeptic towards the "super predators" in the beginning but I'll give'em a chance, they have grown on me lately and I think that they might bring something new and fresh to the franchise.
Later on we might find out why they are at "war" with the classic predators, I think that the answer to that may give us even more information about the creatures.

I love that you took your time to type all of that out for me.  ;)

Milan

Milan

Quote from: keylight-di on Apr 02, 2010, 04:24:06 AM
@Milan.
If you want to see the result of my speculations, this is it:

Warning! High concentration of speculations and possible spoilers.
;)

If BSP clan and "normal" clan are fighting there has to be seriously reason. IMO it's not about domination, but about constancy and faithfulness for rules. We have to presume, that "normal" clan it's clan which keeps rules of honour, including rules of  equal fight with enemy/ equal hunting for prey.  So they are opposed to mutations, kidnapping of preys, etc. etc. Everything what we can see in BSP clan. This is cardinal reason of this war. Principles. "Normal" clan keeps their rules as constant philosophy tracing  their way by life. BSP clan tries to find shorter way. It has to be cause of war. Like medieval crusade, but on different platform.

So I believe, that their evolution - cultural and biological - goes two ways:
The first - allegiance to the principles, the subordination of nature, the primacy of the physical skills to improve. Martial art. It's  a classic Pred's way.
The second - everything is allowed, no rules to be observed, the most important is to be the best and most effective, regardless of price. This is  BSP's way.

I think, that fight of supremacy intra-group and among clans  is/could be typical for every carnivore species, which have to live in group or in near places. Like wolfs, or something like this. It's universal way to become a lider and  universal way to conquest a territory. But honor it's very important here. It's cause and result, that them society can exist. They don't kill each other. They have rules. Very, very tight. Corset of conduct, safety regime for aggressive behavior. Otherwise, all could kill each other at the first opportunity.

OSPs are looking for the most valuable preys. The greatest challenges. They hunt for the trophy.
BSP  hunting  breaks all the rules. He moves the victims to his own land and deprives their greatest assets, trumps. This makes them weaker. Using the famous triple plasma caster -what BSP gets as the trophy? Homogenized tissues? Shreds, or even less. What does he hang on his trophy wall? Why does he hunt?  But the biggest violation of the rules is - for me personally -  not so much a change in behavior, but change themselves. The genetic mutations which are changing body. It  puts  BSP  beyond traditional Preds society. This makes them Outcasts.
It is a betrayal to all the holy rules of hunting.
Weapons, dogs and falcons that's a trifle. It's only a consequence of physical changes.

So - like I said before: for me it's Holy War. For principles.

Yeah, I see their "war" the same way...
I also think that the "super predators" think that because of their genetic mutations they are no longer equal to the classic predators, they might see the classic ones as primitive...
I see them being racist, like in the same way many whites and Europeans many years ago saw the Africans or other dark skinned people , they forced them into slavery and didn't see their slaves as equal, they saw the slaves as primitive and the slaves place was way below them.
Now, I don't see the Predator as slavers dealing with slavery, I see them as Hunters hunting, but I think that the "Super predators" see all life forms below them, even the classic predator. The classic predator is no longer a hunter, he is seen as prey...for a race that have carried the title hunter from the dawn of time, it's the biggest insult.

keylight-di

keylight-di

I'm not sure if we can we talk about the war in terms of primitive and supremacy. It's probably something else. Deeper and in another way. This is about approach to the whole philosophy of life. To the priorities. Do you choose as a target self improvement, upgrading all available means, or rather the refinement of art of hunting and fighting. Or do you bet on technology as a subject or object.
I don't know whether the BSP sees OSP as primitive. It's possible. But it's not the point. People in his eyes will also look primitive, but he sees potential in them an equal preys. But war it's not hunting. War it's something much more serious. And we should look at roots of problem. This problem IMHO it's way of life. Philosophy of hunting. Philosophy of evolution. Or evolution of philosophy. No matter, how we call it.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: keylight-di on Apr 02, 2010, 04:11:53 PM
I'm not sure if we can we talk about the war in terms of primitive and supremacy. It's probably something else. Deeper and in another way. This is about approach to the whole philosophy of life. To the priorities. Do you choose as a target self improvement, upgrading all available means, or rather the refinement of art of hunting and fighting. Or do you bet on technology as a subject or object.
I don't know whether the BSP sees OSP as primitive. It's possible. But it's not the point. People in his eyes will also look primitive, but he sees potential in them an equal preys. But war it's not hunting. War it's something much more serious. And we should look at roots of problem. This problem IMHO it's way of life. Philosophy of hunting. Philosophy of evolution. Or evolution of philosophy. No matter, how we call it.

Primitive might be the wrong word, inferior might be closer too what I got in mind.

This "War" thing is confusing...

The movie takes place at a game preserve where the super predators are hunting their kidnapped prey,
OSP is there also, but he's not being used as prey for their hunt, he has been crucified and tortured.
Can he be a prisoner of war?
( I'm not 100% sure about it but I think that it's mentioned in the leaked script that the upgraded predators have been hunting the traditional ones in that game preserve)

In my earlier post I was mostly thinking about the hunter-prey mentality.
I'm certain that a Predator would have a big problem with accepting the prey as an equal, that's why they rather kill themselves.
Now we have Predators who have upgraded themselves, they become faster, stronger and more technical advanced than the old school predators, they even act and see themselves above their laws or rules...

I sure that the upgraded Predator don't see the classic one as an equal,
and the classic one must feel the same thing, the upgraded ain't an equal, he's a cheater and a douche...

And that cheater has the stomach to place himself above them, and their rules or values,
It even hunts them like prey, like they would be inferior.
The upgraded predator acts like he now owns the title hunter and the old school predator have become the prey...

I think that this is what sparked the war.

bleau

bleau

That actually sounds pretty good to me.

ShadowStalker

Eh? hmmm well im with Keylight here i believe with the BSP its something that sin the heart, like a grudge or sweet revenge or something. Cant specify what cuz i have no clue whats being talked about here im too lazy to look back  :P

Milan

Milan

Quote from: ShadowStalker on Apr 03, 2010, 02:09:15 AM

Eh? hmmm well im with Keylight here i believe with the BSP its something that sin the heart, like a grudge or sweet revenge or something...

Yeah, I think so too.

bobcunk

bobcunk

the super preds look more primative than the origanal.

Milan

Milan

I think they look more...raw.
If my eyes isn't playing tricks with me, it looks like BSP chest plates are going into his skinn, like under his flesh...he's a Predator "borg" ;D, part predator/part machine...

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Milan on Apr 12, 2010, 01:45:52 AM
I think they look more...raw.
If my eyes isn't playing tricks with me, it looks like BSP chest plates are going into his skinn, like under his flesh...he's a Predator "borg" ;D, part predator/part machine...
That would be painful

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteIf my eyes isn't playing tricks with me, it looks like BSP chest plates are going into his skinn, like under his flesh...

I see their chests normal. And the armor's out of it.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Apr 12, 2010, 10:52:36 AM
QuoteIf my eyes isn't playing tricks with me, it looks like BSP chest plates are going into his skinn, like under his flesh...

I see their chests normal. And the armor's out of it.

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/08mkartin/flusherbird.jpg

Look at his stomach, it looks like his gear goes over his belly and under the skinn on his chest...or is it a scar?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Looks like some straps to me. But as I see they are still on not in the body itself.

Milan

Milan

Well, I'm not really sure what I'm seeing, guess we or I are in need of more info and better pictures...

Danger Close

Danger Close

Really.... the armour doesn't go under the skin. The cellphone pictures are too poor to tell, but... really?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed