Cryptozoology

Started by Ratchetcomand, Mar 07, 2010, 09:34:24 PM

Author
Cryptozoology (Read 42,683 times)

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

^^^ This Or Most likely was a African hyena that escaped from a zoo/Circus. After being fed by humans animals have been known to grow to huge sizes. that's the theory of how hogzilla got some big.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The beast had a long mouth, and hooves rather than paws. I think it's a Mesonychid, but I doubt it since they  became extinct in the Early Oligocene and what would a Mesonychid be doing in the 1760's?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Film Brotherhood of the Wolf gives a pretty good explanation of what it could be.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Interesting. . . Body was found?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Why are we talking about what it coudl be in first place? No.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 09, 2010, 03:39:47 PM
That night when the man hit the " bigfoot or bear " or whatever. I didn't say it had to be bigfoot.
No, but you mentioned evidence for Bigfoot and then went into a story without a segue.

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 09, 2010, 03:39:47 PM
But it was NOT a man. I guess we can leave it as " we don't know " but that leaves the chance for bigfoot!
It leaves the chance for almost anything. Since Bigfoot's existence has failed scientific testing, it's not an option. You can't take something that's unknown and fill in the gap (e.g., the mystery event) with something that hasn't even been proven to exist (e.g., Bigfoot).

If all you have is the Argumentum ad Ignorantium logical fallacy to work with, give it up.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 09, 2010, 07:18:39 PM
There are many factors for the Photos (UC stands for Unknown creature):

1. Predictability of the Sighting: The Person who takes the photo could not really know if s/he will encounter a UC during a tour, or something like a tour, you name it. A sighting could be completely based on pure case, and the Person could be taken on surprise.
2. Psychological Factor: Photographing an UC isn't like doing Birdwatching. You could be tense because you do not know what the aftermath would be. Is it pacific? Ferocious? Blood Thirsty? One can't know. So, the focus could suffer from this.
3. Instruments used: If one knows that s/he is going to sight a UC, s/he will surely bring with him/her an adequate Camera, maybe an HD one. But what if Factor #1 occurs? Most people bring with themselves a Mobile, or a cheap camera, just to do some photos. So, the quality of the photo could suffer from this.
That's great! All three considerations are great examples of how unscientific cryptozoology is! Thank you for proving my point!

SM

SM

QuoteI guess we can leave it as " we don't know " but that leaves the chance for bigfoot!

Also leaves the chance for Elvis.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2010, 09:49:45 PM
QuoteI guess we can leave it as " we don't know " but that leaves the chance for bigfoot!
Also leaves the chance for Elvis.
Otherwise known as "Bigbelly".

SM

SM

And known by his plaintive cry of "Thangyaverymurch!"

maledoro

maledoro

"Oh baby oh baby!" "Gimme a deepfried peena butta n' jella nanner sammitch!"

The PredBen

The PredBen

Elvis Aaron Presley made this world a better place and should not be the butt of your jokes!

LOL anyway Elvis being alive is NOT true.

SM

SM

Humour = tragedy plus time.  And it's been a long, long time.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

I think Michael Jackson got about three seconds before the jokes appeared.

SM

SM

Which brings us neatly back on topic.  ;D

The PredBen

The PredBen

... on topic ....
On topic Cryptozology has yet to be proven a real science. I agree with the majority of it but still it isn't officially a science.

This arguement grows cold rather quickly. :'(.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed