Recasts of Sideshow Aliens bust 1:1 scale

Started by InfestedGoat, Feb 01, 2010, 03:59:12 AM

Author
Recasts of Sideshow Aliens bust 1:1 scale (Read 1,166 times)

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Okay. So, I didn't really know much about recasts. Apparently they're a touchy subject which starts flame wars in some forums. Let's not do that.

My question is this: So, the Sideshow Aliens bust ran around $4000 dollars, and only 500 were made (i think). Now, i'd love to have one of these, but they cannot be found ANYWHERE, and I won't have the money until I'm out of college in 3 years. So, why not buy a recast on ebay? They look almost identical, and run from like 700-1000 dollars. I personally don't care who makes it, I just love the look of the Alien and would like to have a giant 1:1 bust in my home. Is that so wrong?

Some people freak out over the fact that people buy recasts, but for someone like me who has a giant collection and his only purpose is not for value, but it is his love for the movie; how is it a bad thing? If sideshow wanted to make more money, then make more than 500!

Thats just my view on it. Feel free to disagree, but lets not start a flame war.  :)

*EDIT* also if this is such a touchy subject, that is it a bannable; don't ban me, just delete the thread.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed