Skin checklist

Started by brennan4, Dec 21, 2009, 05:15:21 PM

Author
Skin checklist (Read 183,849 times)

brennan4

brennan4

I was just watching the multiplayer videos and found myself distracted by the number of skins I saw the players wearing, but everything happened so fast I couldn't make them all out. I was thinking we should have a list of all the skins as forum members notice them. Screenshots are appreciated.

Moody

Moody

I only saw two so far; Celtic and Wolf.

affinity

affinity

There are at least 6 Marine skins.   There are 3 white guys (not counting the Kaneko pre-order skin),
1 black guy, and 2 females (one with helmet and a female marine with a small ponytail, no helmet.)  And I think there was another black guy skin.  

But we have yet to confirm if all the Marine skins used in the story are available in multiplayer.  
We shouldn't need to unlock them.  

for Aliens I only recognize two alien skins.   Not counting Number Six pre-order skin, which would bringit up to 3 skins so far.   someone think Praetorian will be a skin so maybe 4 so far.

Brother

Brother

a yellow guy.

affinity

affinity

yeah it would be nice to have asians.   The only shooter released in the past 5 years that I know that has asian skins is Rainbow Six Vegas 2.   and I think Vegas 1, but it's been a while.

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: affinity on Dec 21, 2009, 05:22:11 PM
There are at least 6 Marine skins.   There are 3 white guys (not counting the Kaneko pre-order skin),
1 black guy, and 2 females (one with helmet and a female marine with a small ponytail, no helmet.)  And I think there was another black guy skin.  

But we have yet to confirm if all the Marine skins used in the story are available in multiplayer.  
We shouldn't need to unlock them.  

for Aliens I only recognize two alien skins.   Not counting Number Six pre-order skin, which would bringit up to 3 skins so far.   someone think Praetorian will be a skin so maybe 4 so far.
I'm pretty sure I saw a praetorian but it may have been a predalien.

affinity

affinity

I have a good feeling all Marine, Alien and Predator skins used in the campaign will be choosable/playable in multiplayer.

More developers should look at Timesplitters Future Perfect as a good example of game design as far as skins/playable content is concerned. Almost every single model in the campaign is playable in that games, resulting in 150 playable characters.   Well yeah in AVP it wouldn't make sense to play as the scientists or even Weyland/Bishop in multiplayer,   but all the Marine models should definitely be choosable in multiplayer.

It would be a nice bonus if we can use any Marine model as our lead character in the campaign too (if the Marine is mute like the 1999 AVP).  

I think Resistance 2 has tons of skins to choose from also, but I didn't buy that game, despite its
8 player co-op and multitude of skins, the combat and atmosphere just doesn't feel right.  The design is not so bad, but it just can't compare to anything AVP.  

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Lets see.

Marines -
Kaneko
Probably what Affinity said.

Aliens -
Number 6
Warrior
Runner
PredAlien
Praetorian
GridAlien

Predators -
XenoMask Predator
Wolf
Standard Predator
Celtic
And I believe there is one new one which is not related to the movies though it looked a bit similar to Chopper.

Eldritch

Eldritch

There is an aztec-looking pred mask as well.

brennan4

brennan4

Anyone have screenshots?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: brennan4 on Dec 21, 2009, 06:14:36 PM
Anyone have screenshots?

Its almost easier just to check the multiplayer videos.

Moody

Moody

The coolest thing what they could do with these skins for the predator atleast with the predators is at the start of the singleplayer is too let you pick what stuff to wear, but that is highly unlikely and I think confirmed that it's not gonna be in it. :P

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Moody on Dec 21, 2009, 06:22:00 PM
The coolest thing what they could do with these skins for the predator atleast with the predators is at the start of the singleplayer is too let you pick what stuff to wear, but that is highly unlikely and I think confirmed that it's not gonna be in it. :P

yeah that would be so badass!  I think it's silly if the Predator campaign they have to find their
equipment Metroid style.

Anytime, Predator 2 Hunter and Wolf were armed to the teeth since the beginning.   It would
be so badass to start in the Predator ship and get your gear selected.  And then get in the
pod/capsule thing to land on the planet or whatever.  Or maybe it could be like
Wolf, he has some of his gear in that techno case that he opened up after he landed and
examined the other Predator's mask.    Then he just armed himself, got his plasma casters ready,
as well as the other things, and stuff.   And even before all that on his home planet, he opened up his large selection of masks.  That was so badass.  

yeah I don't recall a FPS deliver a complete equipping experience like that in the beginning of its
campaign.  

yeah see, even the Wolf brought his equipment case, and his bullwhip.  But the bullwhip is his trademark so I'm not expecting the bullwhip in this game, but that's a good thing cause that thing would be overpowered lol.   The equipment case was awesome though.  I think the first two Predators had something similiar but wasn't seen in the movies.   Opening that case up and equipping the weapons inside was just so badass. 

Moody

Moody

Quote from: affinity on Dec 21, 2009, 06:32:42 PM
Quote from: Moody on Dec 21, 2009, 06:22:00 PM

yeah that would be so badass!  I think it's silly if the Predator campaign they have to find their
equipment Metroid style.

Anytime, Predator 2 Hunter and Wolf were armed to the teeth since the beginning.   It would
be so badass to start in the Predator ship and get your gear selected.  And then get in the
pod/capsule thing to land on the planet or whatever.  Or maybe it could be like
Wolf, he has some of his gear in that techno case that he opened up after he landed and
examined the other Predator's mask.    Then he just armed himself, got his plasma casters ready,
as well as the other things, and stuff.   And even before all that on his home planet, he opened up his large selection of masks.  That was so badass.  

yeah I don't recall a FPS deliver a complete equipping experience like that in the beginning of its
campaign.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGSMp6ztAR8

yeah see, even the Wolf brought his equipment case, and his bullwhip.  But the bullwhip is his trademark so I'm not expecting the bullwhip in this game, but that's a good thing cause that thing would be overpowered lol.   The equipment case was awesome though.  I think the first two Predators had something similiar but wasn't seen in the movies.   Opening that case up and equipping the weapons inside was just so badass. 

The old Rainbow Six series did have it, I don't know about Vegas.

affinity

affinity

oh yeah.   Well you see in Vegas, before leaving the chopper, players can change their equipment, so that was nice.  No animations of equipping but still good customization choices before the drop. That includes guns, gadgets and camo/clothes.

The same went for Vegas 2.  Though they made things too casual with those supply containers that are found in every single level/checkpoint.  It was like, WTF, a container filled
with limitless dangerous weapons and ammo in a school library, is this a game show?!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed