Metal.

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 29, 2006, 10:38:37 PM

Author
Metal. (Read 71,200 times)

MrLee

MrLee

haha, getting angsty as fuuuck on da mic.

The only metal band whos albums ive bought recently have been these guys. I dunno what type of metal they classify as, either way, they rock.

Dirty heavyness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk0zFujJh80#

A more melodic tune but still full of juicy metulz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1obEt5dmmo#ws

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I prefer the first track. The second one didn't agree with me musically.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 07:16:47 AM
f**king A right they have. I once tried my hand at Wait and Bleed on karaoke and it didn't turn out so well. I killed Duality though 8)

You're lucky too. There aren't any metal clubs where I live :'(

I'm the opposite. Wait and Bleed is possibly the easiest song for me to karaoke, but duality would f**k me over. Problem is, I can scream quite well but can't sing/power-vocals to save myself.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 26, 2013, 02:43:45 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Jun 26, 2013, 02:15:38 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 25, 2013, 06:58:10 PM
I used to listen to a lot of Black Metal, but don't really anymore. However, there are a few Pagan or Black metal related bands I still listen to from time to time:

Summoning (Austrian Epic Tolkien Black Metal, my all time favorite metal related band)
Nokturnal Mortum (Ukrainian Pagan Black Metal)
Menhir (German Pagan Metal)
Odroerir (German Folk Metal)
Falkenbach (German Epic Pagan Metal)
Graveland (Polish Pagan Metal)
Ulfsdalir (German Underground Black Metal)

I'm much the same, I was HUGE on black metal for several years, then started drifting towards death and doom metal. Now though, I have a pretty eclectic taste in music. Of course I still have a soft spot for icy cold black metal, and I'm trying to get a stoner/doom metal band together at the moment.
When I stopped listening (full pledge that is) to Black Metal I started to drift towards Dark Ambient music. raison d'etre was the first one and will ALWAYS remain my favorite. Stains Of the Embodied Sacrifice remains one of the most frightening yet enlightening albums I have ever experienced as a human. Actually, all of Peter Andersson's music projects (raison d'etre, Atomine Elektrine, Necrophorus, Cataclyst, Stratvm Terror, etc.) are just gorgeous. Lustmord + Sophia were great too.

Nowadays 80's art rock bands/artists are my main focus. I listen to just about anything that is good (well, except rap/hiphop and modern country; country was only good until 1996)
I forgot to add two more bands:

Abyssic Hate (Austrailian Suicidal Black Metal)
Myrkwid (German Underground True Black Metal)

One thing about Myrkwid (he is a one man band and owned his own production company, Dunkelwald Productions, at one point) is that his releases are uber rare and I had a heck of a time finding them. I managed to get his first 4 demo tapes (each limited to 50 copies) for 100$ from a guy in Germany!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Jun 26, 2013, 02:12:30 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 07:16:47 AM
f**king A right they have. I once tried my hand at Wait and Bleed on karaoke and it didn't turn out so well. I killed Duality though 8)

You're lucky too. There aren't any metal clubs where I live :'(

I'm the opposite. Wait and Bleed is possibly the easiest song for me to karaoke, but duality would f**k me over. Problem is, I can scream quite well but can't sing/power-vocals to save myself.

Fair enough. The problem for me was trying to mimic Corey Taylor's speed as well as the gruff voice he puts on for that song. Duality I just jumped into it with both feet so I guess that made it easier for me.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Watching Slipknot live was the best day of my life. Hands down. I had no voice by the end of it. I wasn't in the ground floor since it was my firsat big concert ever, and I wanted to enjoy the full show. Sid is crazy. Well, they all are  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh hell yeah! The first time I saw them live was in 2008. They opened with Surfacing. I'll never forget seeing 5 000 people screaming and jumping to their feet when the first line, "f**k YOU AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!" broke out ;D ;D ;D

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 27, 2013, 04:12:42 AM
Oh hell yeah! The first time I saw them live was in 2008. They opened with Surfacing. I'll never forget seeing 5 000 people screaming and jumping to their feet when the first line, "f**k YOU AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!" broke out ;D ;D ;D

They did the same!!!!! I saw them February 2009 and yeah the whole place exploded  ;D It was exhilarating. They are a must watch band.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I saw them at the 2005 Big Day Out here in NZ, when I was just a lad. Pretty damn amazing live show, which literally shook the earth itself.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Slipknot puts on an amazing show but by far the best metal concert I've been to is Rammstein. No one can touch those guys when it comes to theatrics, not even Rob Zombie.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I recently had the opportunity to see Rammstein, but family commitments and lack of money didn't allow me to go. :(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh dude, you missed out BIG TIME. Pyrotechnics, giant foam cannon, confetti in the air...hopefully they'll be back soon. They seem to tour often.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah, my friends made sure to tell me everything about the entire concert. Talk about salt in the wound...

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Oh I've seen their performances on youtube lol That seems like a fun time, to say the very least  ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They are. They kinda have to be, considering not everyone understands the lyrics. If the show isn't exciting, then people would lose interest very quickly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed