The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,781 times)

Brother

Brother

Sounds like you love SEGA a whole lot.

Corporal Hicks

Why shouldn't he? Without Sega AvP woulda just disappeared. They're giving us an extremely beautiful and stylized and entertaining game as well as Colonial Marines in the near future. They've done us better than Fox.

Chris!(($$))!

I don't hate them I just am not in love with them plus I am a bit upset with their marketing strategies.

Corporal Hicks

Care to clarify?

Brother

Brother

It's hard to resist the money.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 09:55:52 PM
Care to clarify?

I guess he means the drama with ACM. Plus I will always remember the RPG  :'(.

Corporal Hicks

I'm glad they put ACM back. If it wasn't working, it wasn't working. I'd rather it be delayed so we get a quality game than a piece of shit. Shows good quality control.

ikarop

ikarop

Sure but it has been the DNF for some Aliens fans so it's kinda understandable if they rage a bit.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 12, 2009, 10:06:13 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 09:55:52 PM
Care to clarify?

I guess he means the drama with ACM. Plus I will always remember the RPG  :'(.

Thats the main reason.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 10:08:51 PM
I'm glad they put ACM back. If it wasn't working, it wasn't working. I'd rather it be delayed so we get a quality game than a piece of shit. Shows good quality control.

I am pretty sure that was just a rumor. Gearbox had 3 games when A:CM was announced then AvP3 was announced they went with Borderlands. Now they just have A:CM and three unknown ones but I am sure they are devoting most of their time to A:CM

Corporal Hicks

No. It was true. They weren't meeting their benchmarks.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 10:33:39 PM
No. It was true. They weren't meeting their benchmarks.

What I heard is an article saying that not Sega.

affinity

affinity

Borderlands wasn't that great an I don't think A:CM would have been ready 1st quarter 2010 anyway.
Gearbox isn't very good with game development (plus they do dumb things like rushing Borderlands out the door and so many glitches.) and besides A:CM won't even have an Alien campaign.   It's no where near as valuable as AVP3 is.

The only thing A:CM has going for it is the 4 player co-op campaign, no HUD, and realistic motion tracker. but it won't be as replayable as AVP's multiplayer modes.

ikarop

ikarop

Hicks is right. Same with the RPG. Sometimes SEGA seems like the bad guy but well, I've heard from people on the cancelled project that SEGA made the right call. It's not always the way it seems.

Corporal Hicks

And I assume because you're a ACM fanboy you refuse to believe that the game wasn't up to scratch and Sega bent Gearbox over?

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 10:37:41 PM
And I assume because you're a ACM fanboy you refuse to believe that the game wasn't up to scratch and Sega bent Gearbox over?

I will accept that it was not as finished as Sega may have wanted it to be but I don't think Sega would just come out and blame Gearbox like that which I why I think its a rumor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed