The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 328,330 times)

Brother

Brother

Pred in alien survivor...are YOU stupid?

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

edit:(Relatively)-Yep, a couple or 3 young preds at the beggining and then progressively increasing their difficulty  via AI / profile. Anyway, don't forget on that Rebellion has a dead-line before the game goes gold. I prefer great and high quality stuff than a bunch of medium/low quality things put together. That's my opinion, though. Moreover, it'll be time for further patches and for an expansion in the future. Auto-lol here... the games has not even hit the streets and I'm talking about an expansion for it. lol' :D

Brother

Brother

You are ok,some people have mentioned AvP4.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Yeah, I am stupid, and I can admit it :)

Well, I am all for it appearing later, it's just something they should reconsider once the game has gone gold and they focus on the future of the game, IF they will do that. It's in the hands of SEGA and us.

Brother

Brother

Those are pure MvA and PvM modes and they should stay that way. But if they consider doing it they better put in the option to remove the "unwanted" species.

Eldritch

Eldritch

I am talking Survivor here, not something else  :P

Ghost Rider LSOV

In AvP1 survival (or coop, I don't remember what it was called) players could also choose Predators to help the Marines against the Aliens.
Wonder if we'll get something similar too?
Or everyone has terrible memories after the human/pred alliance in AvP movie?  :P

JayHy17

JayHy17

In a recent Xbox360 mag article the guys stated "And if we have one critisism about AvP so far, its the Marines being generic. Even dull. Considering the rise of class based team shooters in the last 10 years, its suprising that every Marine is virtually identical, they have no specializations, uninspired firepower(although it keeps with the alien/pred mythology) and no special moves. In the final MP game, will the underapreciated Marine be as much fun as the Alien or Pred? We hope so, otherwise Deathmatch and Teamdeath match will be just Alien vs Predator vs No humans."

All i want to do is play as Marines, i just hope it all comes to grips in time.

Corporal Hicks

That's half the fun! You're playing the underdog and the smile comes from besting the others.  :)

Ghost Rider LSOV

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 14, 2009, 06:11:26 PM
That's half the fun! You're playing the underdog and the smile comes from besting the others.  :)

Like tracers, this smile can go both ways.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

I agree they have modernized the marine side of the game but that's not the whole of the game. The experience of AvP is these three separate species with next-gen beauty and technology. You're not just playing human vs human, you're being pitted against other species with totally different styles of gameplay.

JayHy17

JayHy17

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 14, 2009, 06:22:56 PM
I agree they have modernized the marine side of the game but that's not the whole of the game. The experience of AvP is these three separate species with next-gen beauty and technology. You're not just playing human vs human, you're being pitted against other species with totally different styles of gameplay.

What other FPS would you compare the Marine gameplay to? What were the controls like?

affinity

affinity

uninspired firepower?  those guys are idiots.   

They probably grew up watching The Matrix.     :P

ikarop

ikarop

AvP features an article on this month's OXM.

Corporal Hicks

Just got it. Nice article with nice general opinions on gameplay. One new screeny i think. Will try and scan in soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed