!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!!

Started by Stringer_Pred, Nov 11, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

Author
!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!! (Read 208,747 times)

dallevalle

They always die in all the movies so why should it be any diffrend here ?

Vecrotus

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 17, 2010, 02:04:22 PM
Tbh I hoped a clan of Predators would appear at the end WITHOUT Dutch.

But I didn't expect neither classic nor BSP to live... would be totally stupid from a narrative point of view.

Yeah that's what I was expecting as well. A clan of Super Predators appearing at the end of the film like they did in Predator 2. But instead of sending Isabelle an Royce back onto the earth they kidnap and take them to the Predator homeworld to be studied. That would have been a great follow up and led onto a sequel. Besides...

Spoiler
In the script, Noland mentions that every once and while someone kills a Super Predator and then they get taken and are dissected to be studied to see what makes them so powerful of a opponents.
[close]

Doomofman

No no.. Just have the clan show up... And end it there... Then you have major possibilities for where the sequel could go

Vecrotus

But which clan should it be a regular Predator clan or a clan of Super Predators?

Tangakkai

In my opinion it should be the regular clan. Because they want to find out how the Super Preds - plague can be wiped out. It would be cool if they observed the ending of the fight between Royce & BSP and seeing that Royce killed one of the BSP, they want to know how he did it, so they'll take him for examination.

I think if it were a clan of outcasts/Super Preds... well they would study Royce and kill him afterwards.

The Classics seem nicer  :D ergo: more room for a decent story.

But I've to agree that the 1st film should just end with a clan of classic Preds arriving on the planet and targeting Royce ... THE END.

Doomofman

Quote from: Vecrotus on Jun 17, 2010, 03:17:50 PM
But which clan should it be a regular Predator clan or a clan of Super Predators?

Regulars cause the Supers would just kill them...

Master

It was already done two times, in P2 and AvP. We don`t need it in this one.

RakaiThwei

And I would really dislike the sequel if it was set on the Predator homeworld.

And if it involved studying, and if it involved the gladiator idea.

No homeworld.

-Rakai'Thwei

Vitriol

Quote from: Mr_Black on May 26, 2010, 10:46:16 PM
Has anyone noticed in the trailer that it is the 'tusked' predator that has royce by the throat?, you can see this if you freeze frame it. This is the scene with all the fire hindering the preds vision in the script (however in the script the pred is referred to as 'black')

Hmmm, isn't that the Nikolai/claymore/cave scene?

Overall I thought the script was pretty badass - ok, not a fan of the super preds or either of the 'endings' but God damn, I think it's gonna be a belter. Seems miles better than the AVP tripe.

Vecrotus

Agreed. The script for this movie, though not perfect, is way better than anything either AVP movie could come up with. Though AVP did make up for it with neat production design, special effects and interesting background story. Hope this movie has those because if it does it will be among the best movies in the AVP/Predator franchises.

Spider One

I also always thought something was off with Nolan when I read the script. I expected him to pull something like what he did and end up paying for it.

Vecrotus

Yeah I thought the same too when I read the script. But its harder to imagine him pulling something off like that in the movie with the actor portraying him.

aceproductions

i dont want to read i cos i dont want to spoil the surprise. i need to be patience.  :D

Vecrotus

I made the same commitment... for three hours! Then I fell into my temptations and read the script anyway. As you can see I am a very weak willed person, but then again it is Predators.

randy marsh

the only thing i hated in the script was the black blood and thank god thats been changed

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed