Should the new Alien movie be made using jim camerons Avatar 3D technology?

Started by Kimo, Aug 06, 2009, 02:07:36 AM

Author
Should the new Alien movie be made using jim camerons Avatar 3D technology? (Read 12,757 times)

Kimarhi

My astigmatism makes it hard to focus out of my left eye on 3-d stuff.

Therefore I don't like it.

SM

SM

Arrrr.. wear an eye patch Jim lad..

Kimarhi

I used to have to wear those adhesive ones over my right eye to try and make my left eye stronger.

The adhesive smelled like shit and would make me sick feeling (not to mention the'd pull your freaking eyebrow hairs out) so I'd flush about a pack of them a day down the toiled and my mom would be like, "wear'd they all go?"

And I'd be like, "they only come in packs of five!"

Then I'd be grounded.

Gradauted to the strap patch then just got glasses.  None of it really helped.

SM

Graduated to the strap patch?

The Firstborn was five when she was wearing patch that fitted around her glasses.  How young were you wearing a stick on one?

Kimarhi

I probably stuck out with the adhesive ones for six months or so until it was obvious they were just wasting money.  I dont know how they do it now but you used to have to wear them from about an hour after you wake up till an hour before you go to bed. (basically anytime it was light outside)

Often times the smell would make me so nauseated feeling I could only stand to wear them for a few hours before pulling them off and running around like a normal kid.

The strap patch was the alternative to the adhesive ones.

I had that patch for about a year.  Then got glasses, which I've had ever since.

My right eye is 20/20 so I can actually get by without wearing glasses at all.  But if I ever had to rely on the other I'd be screwt.

This probably all happened between the ages of 6-8.  Honestly all those years jumble together now.

SM

If your right eye is 20/20 - you sound like a man who could carry off a monocle with some aplomb.

Keep it in your breast pocket with your fob watch when not in use, old bean.

MadassAlex

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 11, 2009, 05:43:45 AM
My right eye is 20/20 so I can actually get by without wearing glasses at all.  But if I ever had to rely on the other I'd be screwt.

Me, too.

What a coincidence.

Actually, I've personally considered picking up a monocle with matching top hat one of these days.

SM

Really sells it when you're playing Monopoly.

Kimarhi

It can only work if you can rock the mustache.

Xhan

Chris!(($$))!

It should be made with whatever Giger sees best. Like I said in the other thread. If they DARE involve the SJ home world or Xeno home world (If there is such a thing) Giger must be involved.

Awgustas

HUGE mistake in the threads name. Not Jim, James Cameron! :P

SM

War Wager

3D effects consist of something flying out at the auidence which is then usually followed with their laughter. Assuming this will be a serious horror piece, it just wouldn't work.

Cellien

3D does not always mean ridiculous, overdone effects.  The same could be said about CGI but we all know it's great when it's done right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed