Should the new Alien movie be made using jim camerons Avatar 3D technology?

Started by Kimo, Aug 06, 2009, 02:07:36 AM

Author
Should the new Alien movie be made using jim camerons Avatar 3D technology? (Read 12,759 times)

Kimo

Like some of you have said 3D has been around since the 50's but it will take someone with the skill to step it up in the right direction, and if anyone can do it that person is jim.

Just think CGI was a fancy gimmick in the early 80's and no one took it seriously intell the likes of Cameron used it for T2 and Steven Spielberg used it for Jurassic Park. I know back then CGI technology was not that great because of the computing power, but it was around years before T2 was made (Willow was one of the first movies to use it) and Cameron was one of the first directors that showed how great CGI can be. If Cameron is now using 3D for his movies he will be using it because he knows its possible to get the 3D vision he has been dreaming for.

Mr. Slugworth

Quote from: SiL on Aug 09, 2009, 01:41:58 AM
Quote from: Mr. Slugworth on Aug 09, 2009, 01:33:11 AM
I said it wasn't a stupid one
And I never said it was a stupid gimmick, so where's the beef?

Chill baby, there is no beef. I was just explaining myself thoroughly.

DivineStrike

Camerons new 3d isnt the gimicky pop out at you 3d its made to look like how the human eye see. where you can see depth and layers to everything but nothing pops out at you all the time unless its comming at you of course. but even then it wont look like the gimmicky 3d weve all gotten sick of.  this my friends is new stereoscopic 3D.

still im not sure if it would be right for an alien film. but ill leave that up to Riddley after all hes the real filmmaker here.

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: DivineStrike on Aug 09, 2009, 07:39:50 AM
Camerons new 3d isnt the gimicky pop out at you 3d its made to look like how the human eye see. where you can see depth and layers to everything but nothing pops out at you all the time unless its comming at you of course. but even then it wont look like the gimmicky 3d weve all gotten sick of.  this my friends is new stereoscopic 3D.

still im not sure if it would be right for an alien film. but ill leave that up to Riddley after all hes the real filmmaker here.

Thats the 3D im talking about. :) Say if Alien was remade using this stereoscopic 3D (obviously the should not remake Alien) just think of Kane looking inside  the Alien egg as it opens.

Nightmare Asylum

No, no 3D alien films. Now a 3D montage of every chestburster scene... that could be awesome!

TJ Doc

I don't want to get rib-bone fragments in my eyes, thank you very much.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TJ Doc on Aug 10, 2009, 08:49:23 PM
I don't want to get rib-bone fragments in my eyes, thank you very much.

The 3D glasses will protect you!

Cellien

I think it should be filmed in 3D because you always have the choice to watch it in 2D.  3D isn't the gimmick from yesteryear.  A lot of good filmmakers are embracing the technology because it's finally good.

EEV2650

Quote from: TJ Doc on Aug 06, 2009, 11:54:21 PM
I like my films in 2D.

QuoteIn a word, no.  3D is a stupid gimmick, and I'll only be seeing Avatar on a regular screen.

Gates

I think there's potential for having a very discomforting chestburst scene or even for a facehugger strike, if both are handled tactfully...then again, I haven't seen what this new version of 3D is capable of so I can't really say for sure...but neither did anyone else at this point (it could become a new technique that future films embrace)...

I think it's silly to automatically dismiss something somewhat new without fully understanding it's capacity to move the industry forward...

Cellien

Quote from: Gates on Aug 22, 2009, 04:03:09 PM
I think there's potential for having a very discomforting chestburst scene or even for a facehugger strike, if both are handled tactfully...then again, I haven't seen what this new version of 3D is capable of so I can't really say for sure...but neither did anyone else at this point (it could become a new technique that future films embrace)...

I think it's silly to automatically dismiss something somewhat new without fully understanding it's capacity to move the industry forward...

EEV2650

The thing i hate about 3-D is the fact that you have to wear those stupid 3-D glasses to be able to watch it. Those glasses are never comfortable and they are so cheap they fall off your face easily. Imo, let them release movies in 3-D. As long as it's not the only version you can watch in theaters or on dvd them i'm fine with it. In my experience alot of these films dont even look good in 3-D anyway (ex: beowulf, and nightmare)

Xenomorphine

It wouldn't look right for this sort of a title.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: xenomorph36 on Aug 06, 2009, 03:22:33 PM
this is pretty stupid topic to be honest(not that i dont make one ;D) we havent seen the new movie(avatar) so it's too early to judge.

No offence the dude who started this topic but your idea is totally rediculous.  On the one hand the technology for Avatar, amazing though it is, was specifically designed to generate realistic looking 3D cgi characters in a cgi world whos (looking at the trailer) occasional crossover to the real world still had a surreal look about it anyway, so how could this possibly benefit something like Alien, which is predominantly set in the real world with real people with cgi only used to produce what can't be done live action????

Kimo

Quote from: RoaryUK on Sep 07, 2009, 02:22:09 AM
Quote from: xenomorph36 on Aug 06, 2009, 03:22:33 PM
this is pretty stupid topic to be honest(not that i dont make one ;D) we havent seen the new movie(avatar) so it's too early to judge.

No offence the dude who started this topic but your idea is totally rediculous.  On the one hand the technology for Avatar, amazing though it is, was specifically designed to generate realistic looking 3D cgi characters in a cgi world whos (looking at the trailer) occasional crossover to the real world still had a surreal look about it anyway, so how could this possibly benefit something like Alien, which is predominantly set in the real world with real people with cgi only used to produce what can't be done live action????

Because Jim and other big names say this new state of the art 3D could/will change cinema forever.  Also Sony has announced that next year it will release a television capable of showing 3D images. Avatar is just one of the new 3D films thats gunna blow any past or even recent 3D films away, And you dont need CGI to make 3D work for other projects, you just need the right directors to get there hand on it. Just think in the near future you could watch a football match in your own front room on a 50" 3D plasma/LCD screen, and it would look like you were watching the match as if it was been played right outside your front room window. Dont forget this new 3D is not gunna be the pop out in your face kind of 3D, this 3D is gunna be where you can see depth and layers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed