Should the new Alien movie be made using jim camerons Avatar 3D technology?

Started by Kimo, Aug 06, 2009, 02:07:36 AM

Author
Should the new Alien movie be made using jim camerons Avatar 3D technology? (Read 12,756 times)

Puks

Quote from: SM on Jan 06, 2010, 05:58:41 AM
I go by SM and have two Alien websites with my name on.

Not exactly trying to go incognito...  ;D

Oh, well then hi! I'm Mark!

Chompy

Modern CGI is breathtakingly complex and is a much needed tool nowadays in most blockbuster films.

In Aliens, the suit cannot be left, and you cannot even think that they would throw away the suit.
It's like Godzilla.
While people want CGI in the new films when they get made again, they do not want the suit to never be used.

It'd be like if you used CGI for a fight in AvP.
You can have much for freedom to make a cooler battle than just having two guys wearing rubber suits roll around with each other.
In Hellboy, both Hellboy and Samael were suits, yet when they had close fighting it switched to CGI for a better effect and to make it more believable.

As for Aliens, I can see CGI used to create Hordes, and to have them doing things a man in a suit cannot do, such as climb on walls and scurry around quickly, but all close up shots will be in suit.

Kimo

3D and CGI are two differnt things. However i agree that CGI should only be used when the shot is way to complicated to be made with men in suits or puppet/miniature work. But i hope future Alien films stick to man in a suits over cheap CGI shots, and only use CGI when it is needed. If Ridley Scott does make this new Alien film im sure he will only use CGI when it is nessasary, just take a look at Gladiator it is 10 years old and the CGI used in the film is breathtakingly realistic because he only used it when it was nessasary.

OmegaZilla

QuoteShould the new Alien movie be made using jim camerons Avatar 3D technology?
Absolutely, positively, NO. :-X

Cellien

Why?  You could just go see it on a 2D screen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed