Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,523,852 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Having seen the Hateful Eight, I wouldn't put it above Mexican Bob to cut a deal with a terrorist group.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yep, probably bought it to Charlie Dance.

Stitch

Stitch

Having watched GvK, I enjoyed it, but still felt disappointed. Same feeling I had after watching Justice League in the cinema, it felt like there was something missing.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

A story and it's characters maybe ?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Getting closer to Michael Bay with each entry.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla hasn't peed on anyone yet.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Fair enough guess I'm just a disgusting heathen not big on monsters fighting for the sake of it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

They should give it to Zack Snyder.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 05, 2021, 03:55:01 AM
Fair enough guess I'm just a disgusting heathen not big on monsters fighting for the sake of it.
or maybe these things aren't your cup of tea and that's fine lol

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

But everything must be hyperbole tho!!!

And I like Peter Jackson's King Kong and
Peter Jackson's King Kong:
The Official Game of the Movie.

SiL

SiL

Peter Jackson's Kong is the first movie I ever wanted to walk out of. I still struggle to think of a more overblown, self indulgent film.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 05, 2021, 10:08:08 AM
But everything must be hyperbole tho!!!

And I like Peter Jackson's King Kong
you do realize that's a whole other kind of movie right

I mean they both got the monke but GvK never had the intention to be the cinematic experience that KK2005 was

it's like comparing Alien to idk Alien Vs. Predator

Quote from: SiL on Apr 05, 2021, 10:33:51 AM
Peter Jackson's Kong is the first movie I ever wanted to walk out of. I still struggle to think of a more overblown, self indulgent film.
reported

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 04, 2021, 10:34:27 PM
I think it would have been better with more of a balance of screen time between Godzilla & Kong.

Have the human reaction to Godzilla's rampage, and show the evacuation and military response. Have team Kong in a race against time to get the power source because big G is too powerful to stop and Apex say they have a way to stop him. It's only a minor variation on what was delivered but it would make the stakes a bit higher.

Also, more ground level shots showing how big the creatures are - when you're viewing things from Kong's perspective, it throws the sense of scale off.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 05, 2021, 03:44:28 AM
Godzilla hasn't peed on anyone yet.

I expect this to be more of a monkey thing to do.

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 05, 2021, 11:13:11 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 04, 2021, 10:34:27 PM
I think it would have been better with more of a balance of screen time between Godzilla & Kong.

Have the human reaction to Godzilla's rampage, and show the evacuation and military response. Have team Kong in a race against time to get the power source because big G is too powerful to stop and Apex say they have a way to stop him. It's only a minor variation on what was delivered but it would make the stakes a bit higher.

Also, more ground level shots showing how big the creatures are - when you're viewing things from Kong's perspective, it throws the sense of scale off.

It is true Kong has clearly more screen time than Godzilla, he's the one moving the plot forward. Regarding human reaction to Godzilla's rampage, it has already been done in the last two entries, maybe it would have been redundant at this point.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Apr 05, 2021, 10:33:52 AM

I'm very fond of it but part of that's undoubtedly seeing it repeatedly from the age of six. I don't feel it gets long in the tooth until after Skull Island personally.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed