The Thing Thread

Started by Nobody, Feb 27, 2009, 12:27:02 AM

Author
The Thing Thread (Read 448,771 times)

Nobody

Nobody

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

How the hell wasn't this posted up before? Anyway...this prequel is basically the same freaking premise as The 80s version...might as well call it a freaking remake.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I love the Thing, I just hope it doesn't get butchered during production.

Nobody

Nobody

The Decades of remakes = 2000=2020

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It will be for all time, because those remakes will get their own damn remakes.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Well it not a remake or reboot which is good. I wounder if Kurt will have a cameo or not.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

The director has this AND Army of the Dead to do, which is being produced by Zack Snyder. These are big projects, I have a feeling he's got something in him.

SM

SM

WOFTAM

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Kaworu on Feb 27, 2009, 01:00:35 AM
Well it not a remake or reboot which is good. I wounder if Kurt will have a cameo or not.

He won't, it's a "prequel" has to do with the first encounter of the creature with Russel's character's brother.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The thing is one of my favorite horror movies ever.  Hope they get their shit together on this one.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

So this is going to focus on the Norwegian team that was out there that found the creature first?

I've been waiting for a movie depicting that for years and years. Some guy on the Outpost31.com fan site wrote up a really cool "prequel" fan-fiction that focused on the Norwegian team.

'The Thing' is my #2 movie of all time, I've seen it dozens of times.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 27, 2009, 12:28:25 AM
How the hell wasn't this posted up before? Anyway...this prequel is basically the same freaking premise as The 80s version...might as well call it a freaking remake.

It kinda already was.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=7081.0

I kinda like the idea of this, at least it isn't a full remake.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

MERGE!!!

SM

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm willing to give this a shot, considering how 'The Thing' was itself a remake. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed