Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,250 times)

Keyes

Keyes

Amazon UK sent mine out Sat.... but no arrival in the post today :(

I was thinking of cancelling last week, and just going into town today and picking up a copy... but my car isn't in good health, so I guess I just have to sit and wait  :P

chupacabras acheronsis

what do you people do to your cars? everyone has had a breakdown so far.

robbritton

robbritton

Got mine today. Bit steep at £120 from HMV but I had vouchers so guess I can't complain!

Am weirdly most excited at seeing the Alien 3 menus - I read that they offer an explanation of how the egg got on the Sulaco and am pretty intrigued!

i also reckon it'll double as an awesome nightlight for my little boy! heh!

Quote from: robbritton on Oct 25, 2010, 02:04:28 PM
Got mine today. Bit steep at £120 from HMV but I had vouchers so guess I can't complain!

Am weirdly most excited at seeing the Alien 3 menus - I read that they offer an explanation of how the egg got on the Sulaco and am pretty intrigued!

ouch that is steep, (i assume you got the ltd edition egg) :(

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 25, 2010, 02:06:12 PM

ouch that is steep, (i assume you got the ltd edition egg) :(

They offer an explanation for Alien 3? :o :o :o  That'd be awesome.

Did you preorder from FoxConnect?  They gave out free limited edition Fox 75th Anniversary posters featuring the original Alien movie.

TJ Doc

First Blood

First Blood

Well, I think I'll get this. It seems well worth it. Fox doesn't seem like they short changed fans and pulled out all the stops in terms of picture, features and versions of the films.  :)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: TJ Doc on Oct 25, 2010, 03:35:58 PM
Well bugger me.

You can't use the boards to cruise TJ, you know that  ;D

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Oh, har dee har har.

:D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Alien 3's explanation for the magic egg is on the main menu. It's a shot of the Sulaco and Drophsip being scanned, with a composite video of Ripley and the Queen. It pretty much says with a scanner animation that the egg is in the landing strut. No real or big explanation. Brownie points for trying though.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

What you talkin bout? I got the limited edition egg from HMV and it was only £79.99!!

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 25, 2010, 05:07:55 PM
Alien 3's explanation for the magic egg is on the main menu. It's a shot of the Sulaco and Drophsip being scanned, with a composite video of Ripley and the Queen. It pretty much says with a scanner animation that the egg is in the landing strut. No real or big explanation. Brownie points for trying though.

Now the only questions is whether people will consider it canon.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 25, 2010, 06:30:04 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 25, 2010, 05:07:55 PM

Now the only questions is whether people will consider it canon.
It's already been argued before, it's not a new explanation and it's been debunked. I just accept it as magic, really.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Everyone knows Bishop put it there anyway.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No, it was Nyarlathothep.
Ia, Ia shub Niggurath!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed