AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 365,151 times)

Terx2

Terx2

I just thought of something. We don't see the gateway station in alien ressurection. So it would be perfect to fit a story in there. Ghe aliens are a threat to Earth. Predators wanna hunt them. Weyland Yutani breed the xenos secretly on the gateway station to amass an army of them to wipe out the predators on there homeworld. There battles lead to the destruction of the station. What do you guys think of it?

Snowdog

Snowdog

way to big. Most people tend to come up with a war story when it comes to avp. Make it a horror. Keep the creatures in the dark for most of the movie with a lot of character development and tension. More or less like the first alien. Then wrap it up in a good conclusion near the end of the film.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 25, 2012, 12:16:39 PM
way to big. Most people tend to come up with a war story when it comes to avp. Make it a horror. Keep the creatures in the dark for most of the movie with a lot of character development and tension. More or less like the first alien. Then wrap it up in a good conclusion near the end of the film.

I was going for the ressurection approach. Less aliens and more wide spread panic (have at most twenty aliens and maybe three predators) have maybe a tratior, no queen, have eggmorphing (love the idea of it. It is pure alien) and a ending that connects into the films.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Terx2 on Dec 25, 2012, 12:25:48 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 25, 2012, 12:16:39 PM

I was going for the ressurection approach. Less aliens and more wide spread panic (have at most twenty aliens and maybe three predators) have maybe a tratior, no queen, have eggmorphing (love the idea of it. It is pure alien) and a ending that connects into the films.

sorry i misunderstood you then. That sounds pretty interesting actually ^^

NewtAndHicksLive

NewtAndHicksLive

I've got an idea. Mine is a total reboot. Nothing to do with AVP or AVPR.

My idea is set on a colonized planet near a jungle. Where the Predators drop eggs on the planet in pods. Little do they know their captured Queen smuggled Queen egg. Just like the first comic. The eggs impregnate all who go to investigate in the jungle. So Marines are called in to investigate it. But they are interrupted by private company military commandos, Weyland-Yutani, maybe a different company entirely. They have come to get a hold of the Predators' technology.

They work together and end up running into the Aliens and the Predators. During the fight, the Company leader (originally Ms. Yutani) steals one of the Predator's computers. So now the Predators want it back.

So the Marines are caught in the crossfire of the Aliens and the Predators and have to escape.

So it's almost like the first comic but with Marines and a corrupt company.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sounds a bit like Aliens with an extra corporation, IMO.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 31, 2012, 03:31:13 AM
Sounds a bit like Aliens with an extra corporation, IMO.

You forgot about the predators.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hence why I said "a bit".

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 03, 2013, 04:00:56 AM
Hence why I said "a bit".

Ah got ya.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

AvP 2010 makes for a good sequel.  I like to watch the walkthroughs on youtube and pretend it's a movie. 8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wouldn't that make the movie hard to follow, three different stories?

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

An actual movie would probably just show the marine's side of the story.  The stories themselves shouldn't be hard to follow, but distinguishing the lead predator and alien from the other predators and aliens would probably be too difficult for the average viewer.  And following the story from the monster's point of view would lose a lot of tension.

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

I'd attach it to Predators, since they drop off different species of game on a hunting planet it's just a matter of time until one of them is a Xenomorph and trouble starts.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

AVP3 should be a "reboot" of sorts and ignore the first film and the Strause bros monstrosity....

It should also tie in with Prometheus as part of a new "canon".

....i wouldnt mind a soft rewrite of SIL's AVP script... with a different strain of Aliens... and added mythology on how the Predators appropriated Engineer weaponry (i.e. the Aliens).

I'd also go about changing the "landscape" of the planet from a forest to something a bit stranger and alien.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not tie in with Prometheus, no way. Prometheus has enough continuity issues as it stands. It doesn't need the mess that comes with AvP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed