Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78%)
The Strause Brothers
41 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 71,513 times)

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 28, 2010, 02:56:40 AM
Spoiler
I can see it now

A Michael Bay Film
Aliens vs Predators
NARRATOR: There was a time before the war, a time before the hunt, a time before the fighting. But I will only talk about the explosions.
Camera zooms in on planet surface.
Hundreds of Aliens are crawling out of the ground.
A space ship flies on screen, and a group of Predators get out.
The Predators fire into the crowd of Aliens with giant Plasma cannons, creating numerous explosions that cover up the entire screen.
Camera zooms excessively on a single Alien and Predator as they battle. Claws and tail slash, wrist blades are seen in motion, the Alien makes efficient use of the awesome 3D camera with its headbites.
Armies of Alien and Predators fight, and suddenly, out of nowhere emerges the Predalien. The Predalien goes on a path of excessively zoomed in destruction, stomping on Aliens and Predators alike with no mercy, no remorse.
The predators have lost. They all activate their self destruct mechanisms, and the entire planet explodes in the greatest CGI 3D Super Blu Ray explosion ever witnessed.
The End.
[close]

You forgot the flashback sequence where hot babes wash the Predator's ship in white t-shirts.

The suds, the suds.

Peakius Baragonius

I can see it now

A Michael Bay Film
Aliens vs Predators
NARRATOR: There was a time before the war, a time before the hunt, a time before the fighting. But I will only talk about the explosions.
The Predators fire into the crowd of Aliens with giant Plasma cannons, creating numerous explosions that cover up the entire screen.
Camera zooms excessively on a single Alien and Predator as they battle. Claws and tail slash, wrist blades are seen in motion, the Alien makes efficient use of the awesome 3D camera with its headbites.
Armies of Alien and Predators fight, and suddenly, out of nowhere emerges the Predalien. The Predalien goes on a path of excessively zoomed in destruction, stomping on Aliens and Predators alike with no mercy, no remorse.
The predators have lost. They all activate their self destruct mechanisms, and the entire planet explodes in the greatest CGI 3D Super Blu Ray explosion ever witnessed.
The End.

You know, a Michael Bay AVP film might not be so bad after all!  Pitch it, Fox will eat it up! :)

What would RTD do, though?

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Nov 28, 2010, 03:02:36 AM
I can see it now

A Michael Bay Film
Aliens vs Predators
The End.

You know, a Michael Bay AVP film might not be so bad after all!  Pitch it, Fox will eat it up! :)

He'd do something like Paulie, but with love and a super-powered nineteen year old girl disentergrating all the Aliens and Predators, or sucking them into space with a lever, or with sci-fi Jesus or a middle aged secutary with a control panel.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Nov 28, 2010, 03:02:36 AM
I can see it now

A Michael Bay Film
Aliens vs Predators
The End.

At least Bay's film will have action that makes sense.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

On contrast with the last AvP's.

DragonBossk

I hate the man, but at least he can direct films (The Island I always though was quite good), unlike those fanboy brothers who think messing with Maya for a few days= a theater worthy movie.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Excuse me, what are you talking about?

RazorSlash

I can see it now

A Michael Bay Film
Aliens vs Predators
The End.

I want to hit myself for thinking this, but I would seriously pay to see that.

Ghostface

Say what you want about Bay, but at least if he was directing we would get the budget required for a huge AVP film.

DoomRulz

You don't need a huge budget. You need smart spending, which is what Anderson can do. Except his films just suck.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 29, 2010, 10:30:23 PM
You don't need a huge budget. You need smart spending, which is what Anderson can do. Except his films just suck.

Except AVP;)

Quote from: DragonBossk on Nov 29, 2010, 03:42:18 PM
I hate the man, but at least he can direct films (The Island I always though was quite good), unlike those fanboy brothers who think messing with Maya for a few days= a theater worthy movie.

Sigh...and even that was ripped off of Parts: The Clonus Horror:(

SM

QuoteEspecially AVP.

However Anderson used what money he had to make his film look expensive.  Zee Strauses made a film whose content matched it's look.  Cheap and nasty.

Ghostface

Bay might have a fetish for over the top action and explosions, I really enjoy most of his films. I love both Bad Boys films, The Rock was good, Transformers blew me away the first time I saw it. Armageddon and the Island were so so and I didnt really like Pearl Harbor too much. I think the AVP movies can and have done a lot worse...

SM

A Bay AvP flick would be spectacular if nothing else.

A big dumb AvP flick would at least have "big" over the "dumb" ones there are currently.

Ghostface

Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2010, 01:54:44 AM
A Bay AvP flick would be spectacular if nothing else.

A big dumb AvP flick would at least have "big" over the "dumb" ones there are currently.

Couldn't agree more. It may not be the greatest film we could get, but at least it would be a cut above what we got.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed