What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 288,576 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 01, 2019, 05:25:25 PM
Paul Monette's Predator novelisation. Always struck me as bizarre how he seemed to want to make Dutch and his men genuine pricks.

Yeaaahhhh...I really struggled through that one.

QuoteAlso Rex Pickett's draft of Alien 3, which is proving quite interesting.

:o But you don't read scripts!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2019, 07:57:59 AMYeaaahhhh...I really struggled through that one.

I'm finding it easier than I remember first time around but it's still a really odd and unsatisfying read. Aside from the fact the Predator itself is so whack compared to what we're used to, I don't recall reading another novel where every protagonist is so thoroughly unlikeable. The open racism from most of the team towards Dillon is especially head-scratching ???

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2019, 07:57:59 AM:o But you don't read scripts!

I finally pulled my thumb out and forced my way through the various Alien 3 shooting drafts :laugh:

Pickett's one was especially strange in that it was mostly the same events, but the leading characters all had markedly different personalities. In particular, Ripley really didn't feel at all like Ripley and Clemens came across as kind of a creepy dick. Maybe Pickett had been reading Monette's Predator :P

Also read the earlier Giler/Hill draft where the bait-and-chase actually takes place in the middle of the movie. That was some weird shit. All those inmates get killed luring it into the waste tank but then at the end Ripley and Aaron basically beat it up by themselves :laugh: Aaron's death in that one was nasty, though.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 22, 2019, 09:58:14 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Sep 21, 2019, 11:19:34 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 17, 2019, 07:47:35 PM
Reading up on some Terminator EU stuff in preparation for the movie. Currently T2: Infiltrator and Terminator Comics Omnibus 1.
I'm also reading Infiltrator, since I finished the New John Connor Chronicles not long ago.
How was the New John Connor Chronicles?
Expensive! Well, book 3 was, anyway.

It's decent, but gets a bit overstuffed by the finale. Worth a read, though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Giler/Hill draft of Alien, with the human jockey. Interesting stuff, even if I find their writing style very strange, like they wanted to write haiku and fell into filmmaking by accident.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 03, 2019, 12:28:46 AM
The Giler/Hill draft of Alien, with the human jockey. Interesting stuff, even if I find their writing style very strange, like they wanted to write haiku and fell into filmmaking by accident.

#F***Giler

The Old One

The Old One

Nah, Giler, Hill and O'Bannon all deserve respect for their work.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 03, 2019, 10:35:02 AM
Nah, Giler, Hill and O'Bannon all deserve respect for their work.

#f**kGiler is just a running joke between us, heh.

Huggs

Huggs

River Monsters: True Stories Of The Ones That Didn't Get Away

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Huggs

Huggs

The Ice Man: Confessions Of A Mafia Contract Killer

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Four Doctor Who Virgin New Adventures Books

Time's Crucible, Warhead, Witch's Mark & Nightshade

The Old One

The Old One

Timothy Zahn is always a win.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Just read through Giler and Hill's script for a remake of The Killer. Not bad overall, even if I'm not wild about the changed ending.

Ingwar

Ingwar

The Last Duel by Eric Jager. It's apparently the next Scott's project starting Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Jodie Comer.

Huggs

Huggs

Alien: The Illustrated Story

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed