Age Limit

Started by Hunter-Slayer, Apr 17, 2008, 09:27:23 PM

Author
Age Limit (Read 11,095 times)

Hunter-Slayer

Hunter-Slayer

Why is the age limit 14? Usually it's 13 for most forums. I'm just curious. It is just personal preference or what?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Hunter-Slayer on Apr 17, 2008, 09:27:23 PM
Why is the age limit 14? Usually it's 13 for most forums. I'm just curious. It is just personal preference or what?

1) Most kids are annoying and they piss people off

2) It a law that kids under 13 or 14 that have be banned for being under age on Online Forums

Hunter-Slayer

Hunter-Slayer

I'm 13. I know Darkness is a stiffy on this so ban me if you want. If you truly feel I'm disruptive and rude put the ban hammer on me. As long as you acknowledge the fact that we're not all swearing, wanna be losers then I'm fine with that. So there.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

The only thing we have to acknowledge is that you, a 13 year-old, is too stupid to just keep quiet about being younger than is allowed.  Why bother bringing it to anyone's attention at all?

Hunter-Slayer

Hunter-Slayer

I'm just trying to make a point. I wasn't planning on it but it came up so I decided to act

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

"It came up" in a thread started by you wherein you state your age?

And you are indeed proving a point.  Just not the one you think you are. ;)

Hunter-Slayer

Hunter-Slayer

I am aware at the fact I'm looking like a hypocrite. However in some other places (The chat for instance) some of the mods throw around the idea of banning some of the underage (By one year and there still legally old enough to be on the internet) from the forums. I know the user they were talking about and is someone we all know. It just seems to me it's a pain to finally be 13 then denied entrance to a forum you like. It just sucks, that everytime you log in you get this sinking feeling that a mod found out somehow. I'm just saying people should be banned on maturity, and whatnot. Not age.

severen76

severen76

You could just lie about your age and not worry about a thing. It's really easy.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

How exactly would one join based on maturity anyway?  A 100 question quiz?

Da roolz are da roolz.

Hunter-Slayer

Hunter-Slayer

The point is you shouldn't have to lie and cover your tracks when you don't have too. 13 year olds are legally allowed to be here. If you ban them for a reason thats fine but for banning them, even though there of legal age? It just doesn't seem right to me

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

So what?  Life ain't fair, and now I'm bored.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote from: Hunter-Slayer on Apr 18, 2008, 01:10:48 AM
The point is you shouldn't have to lie and cover your tracks when you don't have too. 13 year olds are legally allowed to be here. If you ban them for a reason thats fine but for banning them, even though there of legal age? It just doesn't seem right to me

You dont type like a 13 yr old.... ;)

Dachande

Dachande

Its Darkness' site. If Darkness wants the age limit to be 14, then the age limit is 14. Deal with it. Fact of the matter is most 13 year olds still think typing 'u' instead of you, and the various other retardations of the human language, is cool, and thus are annoying little scrotes.

Stalker

Stalker

Most of the younger kids admittedly can be a pain in the ass. There are plenty of them over at another AVP site I visit...they make my damn skin crawl sometimes.

Not to say all of them are like that though, I've known several 13-14 year olds who can type just as intelligently & fluently as any other person on a forum. As a matter of fact, I know several people who claim to be in their late teens who still can't construct a sentence worth a shit.

Darkness

Darkness

It's only a general rule (though I'd prefer it if it were 16). These are R-Rated franchises, afterall. I don't ban people straight out if they're under 14. They usually do other stuff to piss me off sooner or later. Last year, I had a lot of problems with kids registering who can't type in proper sentences. That's what annoys me the most. It's very easy to tell if they're a kid by the way they write.

They don't read the rules, they post threads that have already made and are generally fairly stupid when it comes to Alien and Predator. There's no point warning these people because they simply aren't going to change until they get older.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed