All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,934,661 times)

Dachande

Dachande

If people don't start spoiler tagging their posts, they will be losing their ability to post.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

https://twitter.com/MikeStackpole/status/1537071134067130369

also always Remember  Lucas wanted to name Galen marek  Darth Icky  when you complain bout how dumb things are

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Stackpole must be so happy to have his Mary Sue re-canonized.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 15, 2022, 02:41:59 PMIf people don't start spoiler tagging their posts, they will be losing their ability to post.

Spoiler
Very well.  I've now spoiler tagged my previous posts and this post.
[close]

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 15, 2022, 02:49:18 PMStackpole must be so happy to have his Mary Sue re-canonized.
I don't think corran is a Mary Sue  he hasn't done half the shit other legends characters get up to

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 15, 2022, 02:54:27 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 15, 2022, 02:49:18 PMStackpole must be so happy to have his Mary Sue re-canonized.

I don't think corran is a Mary Sue  he hasn't done half the shit other legends characters get up to

It's not an uncommon opinion...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=corran+horn+mary+sue

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 15, 2022, 02:41:43 PM
Spoiler
The way Vader didn't even bother igniting his lightsaber and simply used his Force powers against Reva is how I always thought Yoda and the Emperor should have fought in the prequels.

I wonder why Vader didn't use that little trick of his to prevent the Falcon from escaping Echo Base in TESB.

Did they even bother de-aging Hayden's face for the flashback scenes?  He's one rough-looking 20-year old.
[close]

I think it was quite a bit further away from memory, and that's one hell of a ship! I dug the fight, just not the little lead up. I feel that Reva plot point ( although forced ) could have been the catalyst for the entire show as it is it comes across as a bit like a comic book ending.

Spoiler
As it is we probably know how it ends. Reva - left alive obviously cause it's not like the same thing didn't just happen to your mate standing next to you  :laugh:  - makes it to Tatooine to spoil the party somehow, dying in the process of saving obi-wan
[close]

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 15, 2022, 03:01:39 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 15, 2022, 02:54:27 PM

It's not an uncommon opinion...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=corran+horn+mary+sue

weird cause I could name a few that I would think of before corran

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Spoiler
And what the hell is it with stormtroopers closing to melee range when fighting Jedi?  They sacrifice their biggest tactical advantage by doing that. 

They'd be even smarter if they actually sought cover so the Jedi couldn't easily deflect their blaster shots right back at them.

How many stormtroopers did that ragtag band of fugitives take down, anyway?  Was that supposed to be Vader's 501st Legion?!
[close]

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 15, 2022, 03:17:54 PM
Spoiler
And what the hell is it with stormtroopers closing to melee range when fighting Jedi?  They sacrifice their biggest tactical advantage by doing that. 

They'd be even smarter if they actually sought cover so the Jedi couldn't easily deflect their blaster shots right back at them.

How many stormtroopers did that ragtag band of fugitives take down, anyway?  Was that supposed to be Vader's 501st legion?!
[close]
Spoiler
dont think it was Vader's fist/ the First legion
[close]

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Spoiler
I don't know if that is supposed to be the 501st. That ISD might've been Devastator but given the presence of Purge troopers they might've been attached to the Inquisitors and not Vader. But then again it's Vader who'll take command of anybody so I got nothing. Might've even been a mix. Given that stormtroopers in fallen order will run up to the player to beat them with sticks, guns, hammers, and polearms. I mean if it worked for the others why not them? Well at least that's probably what they think before getting sliced into bits.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Spoiler
I'll say this much, it was nice seeing prequel-era Obi-Wan and Anakin not acting wooden for once.  Their performances actually felt more natural for a change.

I guess a competent director really does make all the difference.  I can only imagine how different many would feel about the prequels if Lucas had simply hired someone else to direct them.
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Iffy on Episode IV, but liked the previous three well enough despite their issues.

Enjoyed this one a whole lot.

Excellent Star Wars stuff.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wish someone would tell the guy in the Vader suit that it's okay to do something with his hands.  He doesn't have to let them hang slack by his sides all the time.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 15, 2022, 08:05:23 PMI wish someone would tell the guy in the Vader suit that it's okay to do something with his hands.  He doesn't have to let them hang slack by his sides all the time.

Spoiler
If he doesn't keep his hands on his belt, his trousers will fall down and it would be very embarrassing for Lord Vader.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed