Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,934,860 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

hmmm

Immortan Jonesy

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So I just saw a B1 battle droid body pillow.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 14, 2022, 08:15:47 PMSo I just saw a B1 battle droid body pillow.
stupid sexy Roger Roger ?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Roger roger

Highland

Highland

Watched 5th Episode ( no spoilers). Despite the story and some characters intentions being still a little too unbelievable, this was the best Episode by far. Not perfect, didn't dig the shaky cam action, but Vadar was quite awesome as was Obi-Wan as always.

Non-spoilers, but I feel if the entire character of Leia had been completely removed and her plot ( basically the entire point of the show) replaced with the story beats from this single Episode, the whole package would have hit harder ( not only that the Canon probably would have flowed better).

As it is, this episode feels more like a small glimpse at what should have been. I expect the last episode to wrap it up nicely ( with some more unbelievable plot beats no doubt taking place), but I think I'll still remember the series as a opportunity missed whatever happens.

The score really hurts this show also. I think I'd have added a half star for the OG soundtrack.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Every week this series gets worse.  Given how bad the previous episodes were, one might think it would be impossible for them to sink to even lower depths.  Yet, Disney somehow finds a way.

My top 3 worst moments from episode 5 were...

-----------------------------------------

1/
Spoiler
Leia's modified droid with the tracker having eViL rEd EyEs, just so that the audience knows that it's betraying Leia.  What is the point of a secret tracker if it changes the droid's eyes from gOoD bLuE to eViL rEd?  The entire point of a secret tracker is that the person who owns the droid it's attached to doesn't know that it's there!  Why would anyone design the tracker to alter the droid's eye colour?!  The answer is that they wouldn't of course but Disney thinks that its audience are drooling simpletons who need every plot point spoon fed to them.
[close]

2/
Spoiler
The part where Obi-Wan hands himself over to Reva and then she inexplicably orders a couple of stormtroopers to take him back inside the base (which is still filled to the brim with Rebel soldiers, it should be noted), outside of her view and away from the legion of stormtroopers by her side.  When that happened, I was shouting at the screen "whhhhhyyyy?!", why didn't Reva keep Obi-Wan right there, outside with her?

Well, that question was answered moments later when Obi-Wan overpowers the two stormtroopers inside the base and escapes again!  The contrivances in the writing for this show (and all of Disney era Star Wars) are an absolute disgrace.  The writers constantly have characters make nonsensical decisions, simply so that they can write themselves out of a corner that they've painted themselves in.  It's as lazy as it is offensive to the audience's perceived IQ.
[close]

3/
Spoiler
The Grand Inquisitor coming back from the dead, after Reva stabbed him a couple of episodes ago ("nO oNe'S eVeR rEaLlY gOnE").  Not only that but him then stabbing Reva, after saying "revenge does wonders for the will to live" and then proceeding to leave her there for dead.  He left her there, with exactly the same wound that he survived and with her wanting revenge, after specifically telling her how those exact circumstances had allowed him to live and exact revenge on her.
[close]

Bravo, Disney.  Every week I tune in and every week I am in sheer awe at the utter incompetence of your handiwork.  You charlatan hackfrauds!

Highland

Highland

The one part I found particularly iffy was 

Spoiler
Reva tries to just sneak up.....on a Sith lord (THE Sith Lord)....with a lightsaber? After having all the time in the world. I would have thought it would have been better written - with Vadar holding the actual ship with the rebels inside (not a fake), then Reva tries to jump him at that point, thus Vadar has to let the ship go to stop the incoming Saber from Reva.

I came up with that in 20 seconds.
[close]

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Highland on Jun 15, 2022, 01:45:16 PMI would have thought it would have been better written...

More fool you for thinking that anything from Disney would ever be well written.

Quote from: Highland on Jun 15, 2022, 01:45:16 PMI came up with that in 20 seconds.

Congratulations.  You just put 20 seconds more thought into the writing of this episode than anyone at Disney did.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Highland on Jun 15, 2022, 01:21:40 PMWatched 5th Episode ( no spoilers). Despite the story and some characters intentions being still a little too unbelievable, this was the best Episode by far. Not perfect, didn't dig the shaky cam action, but Vadar was quite awesome as was Obi-Wan as always.

Non-spoilers, but I feel if the entire character of Leia had been completely removed and her plot ( basically the entire point of the show) replaced with the story beats from this single Episode, the whole package would have hit harder ( not only that the Canon probably would have flowed better).

As it is, this episode feels more like a small glimpse at what should have been. I expect the last episode to wrap it up nicely ( with some more unbelievable plot beats no doubt taking place), but I think I'll still remember the series as a opportunity missed whatever happens.

The score really hurts this show also. I think I'd have added a half star for the OG soundtrack.

I dont agree with Leia being taken out of the plot but I get what you mean. the soundtrack not having a lot of the original themes has been addressed other https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=80&v=MCA_4Y56U00&feature=emb_title

I myself really continue to like the show for what it was . There were some more cool legends Easter eggs on the walls of the base.  Yeah The Shakey cam really hurts.

https://i.imgur.com/cMWC5NKl.png

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jun 15, 2022, 01:37:23 PM3/ The Grand Inquisitor coming back from the dead, after Reva stabbed him a couple of episodes ago ("nO oNe'S eVeR rEaLlY gOnE").  Not only that but him then stabbing Reva, *after* saying "revenge does wonders for the will to live" and then proceeding to leave her there for dead.  He left her there, with exactly the same wound that he survived and with her wanting revenge, after specifically telling her how those exact circumstances had allowed him to live and extract revenge on her.

This ones more on you then anything dear friend. Inky is from Rebels of course he wasn't gunna die until kanan kills him in rebels season 1's finale episode  and even then The Sith still won't let his spirit rest . Paun'ns also have two stomachs so stab in one doesn't kill them . Humans on the other hand don't though the way of the darkside is being to angry to die  Maul , Darth Sion. 

https://static0.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Vader-keeps-the-Grand-Inquisitors-spirit-tethered-in-Darth-Vader-comic.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=963&h=481&dpr=1.5

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 15, 2022, 01:53:16 PMThis ones more on you then anything dear friend.

No, it's not "on me".  As I've already stated; I shouldn't need to watch other media (in this case a children's animated series) to understand what's happening in Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 15, 2022, 01:53:16 PMInky is from Rebels of course he wasn't gunna die until kanan kills him in rebels season 1's finale episode  and even then The Sith still won't let his spirit rest.

Spoiler
The fact that the Grand Inquisitor survives to a later timeline canonically does not excuse the contrivance of him surviving being stabbed in the abdomen in Obi-Wan Kenobi.  The writers of the show simply could have... you know, not have a scene where a character who outlives the Obi-Wan Kenobi series gets stabbed in the stomach.  Especially given that they tried to play his reappearance in episode 5 as a big shock twist reveal.

Whatever next; a scene where Obi-Wan gets his head chopped off but gets put in a bacta tank and heals (SIDE NOTE: I'm sick of those magical plot armour bacta tanks being overused in Disney's shows).  Presumably you'd be first in line to say "yeah, that's fine because we already knew that Obi-Wan survived through to the events of A New Hope, so of course being decapitated in the show didn't kill him!".
[close]

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 15, 2022, 01:53:16 PMPaun'ns also have two stomachs so stab in one doesn't kill them . Humans on the other hand don't though the way of the darkside is being to angry to die  Maul , Darth Sion.

Spoiler
And how am I, as a viewer of Obi-Wan Kenobi, supposed to know that his species have two stomachs?  Even if I did, having two stomachs doesn't explain how Reva will survive the same wound to reappear in episode 6.  Unless you're gonna tell me that humans also have two stomachs in the Star Wars universe?  Even then, just because a species has two stomachs, it doesn't mean that one of those stomachs is surplus to requirements and they can happily live without one of them (presumably food ingested has to pass through both stomachs).  It also doesn't explain how Fennec survived a similar stomach wound in The Book of Boba Fett long enough to have been found by Boba and taken to a surgery clinic to have a bunch of wires and shit shoved in her gaping stomach wound in order to survive.
[close]

The writing throughout these shows is abhorrent.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Spoiler
Maul was sliced in half and came back and Vader is literally lit on fire and is a quadriplegic burn victim with asthma. And while you can make the argument for them not needing to do it in the first place, we've seen Sith lords survive wounds that'd kill anybody else. Even ignoring Maul, Vader's standing right there and the show is working on the assumption you've seen Episode 3 and if not have certainly watched the recap at the start of the show.

The Grand Inquisitor surviving is the most plausible thing these guys have ever survived.
[close]

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jun 15, 2022, 02:09:58 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 15, 2022, 01:53:16 PMThis ones more on you then anything dear friend.

No, it's not "on me".  As I've already stated; I shouldn't need to watch other media (in this case a children's animated series) to understand what's happening in Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 15, 2022, 01:53:16 PMInky is from Rebels of course he wasn't gunna die until kanan kills him in rebels season 1's finale episode  and even then The Sith still won't let his spirit rest.

The fact that the Grand Inquisitor survives to a later timeline canonically does not excuse the contrivance of him surviving being stabbed in the abdomen in Obi-Wan Kenobi.  The writers of the show simply could have... you know, not have a scene where a character who outlives the Obi-Wan Kenobi series gets stabbed in the stomach.  Especially given that they tried to play his reappearance in episode 5 as a big shock twist reveal.

Whatever next; a scene where Obi-Wan gets his head chopped off but gets put in a bacta tank and heals (SIDE NOTE: I'm sick of those magical plot armour bacta tanks being overused in Disney's shows).  Presumably you'd be first in line to say "yeah, that's fine because we already knew that Obi-Wan survived through to the events of A New Hope, so of course being decapitated in the show didn't kill him!".

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 15, 2022, 01:53:16 PMPaun'ns also have two stomachs so stab in one doesn't kill them . Humans on the other hand don't though the way of the darkside is being to angry to die  Maul , Darth Sion.

And how am I, as a viewer of Obi-Wan Kenobi, supposed to know that his species have two stomachs?  Even if I did, having two stomachs doesn't explain how Reva will survive the same wound to reappear in episode 6.  Unless you're gonna tell me that humans also have two stomachs in the Star Wars universe?  Even then, just because a species has two stomachs, it doesn't mean that one of those stomachs is surplus to requirements and they can happily live without one of them (presumably food ingested has to pass through both stomachs).  It also doesn't explain how Fennec survived a similar stomach wound in The Book of Boba Fett long enough to have been found by Boba and taken to a surgery clinic to have a bunch of wires and shit shoved in her gaping stomach wound in order to survive.

The writing throughout these shows is abhorrent.

I really can't wait for your complains when Ahsoka comes out  as that series is gunna def be under the assumption you've watched everything with her. not to mention the main premise of it screams watch rebels  when its the quest to find  for Ezra and Thrawn   

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Spoiler
The way Vader didn't even bother igniting his lightsaber and simply used his Force powers against Reva is how I always thought Yoda and the Emperor should have fought in the prequels.

I wonder why Vader didn't use that little trick of his to prevent the Falcon from escaping Echo Base in TESB.

Did they even bother de-aging Hayden's face for the flashback scenes?  He's one rough-looking 20-year old.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed