Anonymous684

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 26, 2013, 09:53:10 PM
Cowboys 4 lyf!

I can respect the cowboys!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Njm1983 on Aug 26, 2013, 10:49:44 PM
Thanks.

Machines arent bad, just depends on how much variety you can get out of em. As far as gaining that just takes time. This is 2 years consistent lifting and great diet. The first 8 months are spent just using the muscle tissue you have, then after that is when growth starts. It requires patience and discipline.

I used to be into weightlifting about a eight years or so ago.  Then I had a myriad of injuries related to my work and used it as an excuse to not hit the weights.

I tried about 35 lbs below my old max a couple of days ago on the bench and thought I was going to blow a blood vessel in my head.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Aug 27, 2013, 12:06:53 AM
Cowboys 4 lyf!

Representin da Steeler Nation biaches! (Also a Vikings fan since 1998)

Thank you Jerry Jones for being the reason we lost two Super Bowls (XXX - to Cowboys yeah yeah yeah, XLV - not wanting to see Pittsburgh win IN Jerryland...)

Also I don't mind the Green Bay Packers (except for that dumbpr!ck Aaron Rodgers), mainly for their history. And Brett Favre ;) Finally...
I DESPISE THE BALTIMORE RAVENS MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I follow GB with interest because they have two former UK players (Cobb, Mashtay). 

But I do that with any team in the league that has UK players on it.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 27, 2013, 02:10:19 AM
Cowboys 4 lyf!

Thank you Jerry Jones for being the reason we lost two Super Bowls (XXX - to Cowboys yeah yeah yeah, XLV - not wanting to see Pittsburgh win IN Jerryland...)

Also I don't mind the Green Bay Packers (except for that dumbpr!ck Aaron Rodgers), mainly for their history. And Brett Favre ;) Finally...

Please...... Just please stop! There is only ONE NATION! Raider Nation Baby!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Aug 27, 2013, 02:30:44 AM
Cowboys 4 lyf!

I don't mind the RAYDERS. They haven't won anything since '83 ;)

Spoiler
Then again, the Vikings haven't won a NFL Championship since '69. And four SB losses in four appearances. AND the most devastating loss in my lifetime (1998 NFC Championship)  :'(
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Njm1983 on Aug 26, 2013, 10:49:44 PM
Thanks.

Machines arent bad, just depends on how much variety you can get out of em. As far as gaining that just takes time. This is 2 years consistent lifting and great diet. The first 8 months are spent just using the muscle tissue you have, then after that is when growth starts. It requires patience and discipline.

You're telling me. I started weight training in 2010 but thanks to school (at the time) combined with an erratic schedule, my training falters constantly. It's hard to make up lost time. I saw the weight come in but I wasn't ripped, only large.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 27, 2013, 02:43:09 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Aug 27, 2013, 02:30:44 AM
Cowboys 4 lyf!

I don't mind the RAYDERS. They haven't won anything since '83 ;)

Spoiler
Then again, the Vikings haven't won a NFL Championship since '69. And four SB losses in four appearances. AND the most devastating loss in my lifetime (1998 NFC Championship)  :'(
[close]

'02 was a heart break for me!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Every year that the cowboys look like they might have something and then stumble at the end of the regular season gets me.  It isn't all on Tony Romo though.  If you watch the whole Cowboy team can't make a play.  Not on Defense or Offense.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 26, 2013, 10:18:39 PM
Sounds cool.

NJM, nice, I'm trying to build my body back up but all this apartment complex I'm at now has is a bunch of cardio equipment and machines.

The Army is good at getting your overall endurance up but I struggle with keeping mass after all the running we do. 

Some guys don't have that problem, but I'm one that does.

I was never able to keep any substantial weight either, too much f**king cardio! And that's 4-6 days in the gym too :/ Now I just sit around, drink, and pack in the donuts.

And I still don't gain any weight. :laugh: :P

Looking good, Njm. I know you probably know this, but shrugs and overhand pull ups all day for those traps and lats. Working on your deltoids will also help balance out your bigger chest and arms and give you more of that V, baby, lol.

/unsolicited advice

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: GQSioux on Aug 21, 2013, 07:44:42 PM
Hangin' with the super cool Danielle Harris

That Jag in the back is NICE!

Njm1983

Njm1983

Thanks for the input. It is appreciated. My shoulders, traps and lats are lagging lately due to a shoulder concern. Ive gone 2 months with no shoulder or trap work. Minimal back with nearly nothing but rowing exercises. But im getting back on track now now. Ive got all my work arounds planned so I can keep going. And yes that does still  mean ice and ibuprofen after a work out.

Cardio killing gains is a myth. It will adjust your metabloism and thus change your calorie requirments. As always changing your routine and good eating will get you where you want to go. I do 20-30 min cardio 3-4 days a week. But to build some mass you need a small excess in calories. What you can reasonably expect from 1 year working out is 5lbs muscle.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It definitely speeds up metabolism.  I become like a black hole when I get into a regular cardio routine any edible object around is not safe.

Typically my run days are about as long as my strength training days though simply because I still have that mindset of doing more makes doing less easier.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'd be curious to know what sort of supplements either of you use, Kirmarhi & Mjm1983. Do you find that depending on what you take it can affect how fast your metabolism works and how quickly you recover the next day?

Njm1983

Njm1983

I dont take anything. Well organic protein powder is a supplement, that and a caffiene pill prior to work out, but thats it. What you see is the product of hard work and nutrition.

Years ago, I used to take noxplode or superpump prior to workout. I stopped because even though I would cycle it, it wasnt giving me the kick it did in the beginning. Theres also stimulants that would keep me up at night if I took it around 4pm or later. Add to that the fact that whatever is in it isnt monitored by the fda and I got concerned about what I was taking.

I would consider taking them again a couple months out of the year for plateau busting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed