Author
Pics of yourself (Read 2,410,443 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sounds sexy.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Njm1983 on Oct 09, 2012, 10:39:01 PM
Well Im sure you know you could do it if you cut the fat out of your diet. If all your looking for is functional strength more POWER to you - pardon the pun.

Oh I know I could, its just I eat fats and such on purpose for the extra testosterone boost. When training I take in 3,000 plus calories a day on average (I hover around 185-190) because you need to eat that much for strength and power training. Also I am naturally lanky (weighed around 150 when i started) but I responded overnight to low rep workouts. Massive gains instantly basically.

Quote from: Njm1983 on Oct 09, 2012, 10:39:01 PMBut Im finding Im building a more "Cosmetic" physique and theres more emphasis on isolation moves. Rather than compound. Im still wanting increases in strength and finding im getting them, an example is my presses. when I started up in febuary I struggled with 35-45 pound dumbells, now Im using 70lbs.

Thats a good gain. as for me, compound moves are my bread and butter. Its easier for me really inherently but I also find them better for results personally. Easier for me because... well, I have bulked up a lot but have that lanky build to behind with. For instance when I mess around with dumbbells I use 5 sets of 5 with 37.5 kilos (I'm American but am in the UK, everything is in damn kilos) which is like 82. and a half pounds. I can do more but my tiny wrist make it really hard to set them without danger. I just like the control of bars better, if you know what I mean.

Quote from: Njm1983 on Oct 09, 2012, 10:39:01 PMIm leg pressing 600lbs Ive seen good increases across the board so Im getting there, I just really dont want an injury, I get so depressed when it happens. Bodybuilding is that thing that defines me and makes me feel successful because nobody handed it to me.

Thats a very solid weight. Hell, out of curiosity I'd love to see how much you could do with squats (if you could) given enough time. And yeah, I know what you mean very much so. I enjoy it because there is always a goal and its solely up to you to get. I have a very driven and focused mindset when something perks y interest so it meshes well. Also, yeah I know what you mean about the being depressed. I often reach for a bit too much sometimes (because of being stubborn) and it just sucks when you get a set back. I am trying to be smart about it this time.

... trying.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 09, 2012, 10:38:03 PM
Bane of my existence. Being 6'2", it's a pain in the ass when I do squats or deadlifts. I have high muscle density as a result, but my legs don't really grow large because I'm tall.

I'd  try lower reps. But really when you're lean its all about how many calories you're taking in.

Vakarian

Vakarian

I was out last night, terrible camera quality but still sharable.  :laugh:

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: Vakarian on Oct 10, 2012, 10:11:44 AM

Oh god, I laughed and my dad stared at me.. :D

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Vakarian on Oct 10, 2012, 10:11:44 AM

were you wearing those badass boots?

Vakarian

Vakarian

You can bet your arse I was :D - never leave home without 'em 8)

Njm1983

Njm1983

Quote from: ScardyFox on Oct 10, 2012, 05:55:26 AM
Quote from: Njm1983 on Oct 09, 2012, 10:39:01 PM
Well Im sure you know you could do it if you cut the fat out of your diet. If all your looking for is functional strength more POWER to you - pardon the pun.

Oh I know I could, its just I eat fats and such on purpose for the extra testosterone boost. When training I take in 3,000 plus calories a day on average (I hover around 185-190) because you need to eat that much for strength and power training. Also I am naturally lanky (weighed around 150 when i started) but I responded overnight to low rep workouts. Massive gains instantly basically.

Quote from: Njm1983 on Oct 09, 2012, 10:39:01 PMBut Im finding Im building a more "Cosmetic" physique and theres more emphasis on isolation moves. Rather than compound. Im still wanting increases in strength and finding im getting them, an example is my presses. when I started up in febuary I struggled with 35-45 pound dumbells, now Im using 70lbs.

Thats a good gain. as for me, compound moves are my bread and butter. Its easier for me really inherently but I also find them better for results personally. Easier for me because... well, I have bulked up a lot but have that lanky build to behind with. For instance when I mess around with dumbbells I use 5 sets of 5 with 37.5 kilos (I'm American but am in the UK, everything is in damn kilos) which is like 82. and a half pounds. I can do more but my tiny wrist make it really hard to set them without danger. I just like the control of bars better, if you know what I mean.

Quote from: Njm1983 on Oct 09, 2012, 10:39:01 PMIm leg pressing 600lbs Ive seen good increases across the board so Im getting there, I just really dont want an injury, I get so depressed when it happens. Bodybuilding is that thing that defines me and makes me feel successful because nobody handed it to me.

Thats a very solid weight. Hell, out of curiosity I'd love to see how much you could do with squats (if you could) given enough time. And yeah, I know what you mean very much so. I enjoy it because there is always a goal and its solely up to you to get. I have a very driven and focused mindset when something perks y interest so it meshes well. Also, yeah I know what you mean about the being depressed. I often reach for a bit too much sometimes (because of being stubborn) and it just sucks when you get a set back. I am trying to be smart about it this time.

... trying.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 09, 2012, 10:38:03 PM
Bane of my existence. Being 6'2", it's a pain in the ass when I do squats or deadlifts. I have high muscle density as a result, but my legs don't really grow large because I'm tall.

I'd  try lower reps. But really when you're lean its all about how many calories you're taking in.

A good pre workout meal helps. I generally go with a protein shake and some oatmeal. If ive got an hour before. if its short notice I go with a cliff bar. I also enjoy Monster zero energy drink while working out. That caffeine kick really gets my mind and body focused.

I know what you mean about the danger to the wrists. Mine are relatively small as well are my hands. started using straps because Id overly tighten my grip and injure my forearm extensors.

Natural peanut butter is my fat of choice, I especially enjoy dipping whole wheat crackers in it as a light snack.

I have to say Scardy your mentality is very much like mine, kept trying to push the envelope and only result was a set back. When i was 17 and got into weights I was 135lbs I put on good gains in 3 months and bulked to a nice 150, from there I struggled with time and motivation and just lack of knowledge. So I ended up hovering around the 160 mark for nearly 10 years. Then 2 years ago my wife bought a muscle mag with a dozen page article on Arnold and his story... Somehow I got mentally focused - it fueled my desire to get more info, mostly because it put Arnold on a level much like my own, struggling with failures etc. Thus my quest had begun again. sure Ive had 3 injuries along the way 1 major one resulting in 8 month break, but Ive learned so much, including how to rehab and work around the minor ones. Ive gotten good a moving my schedule around my work and events in my life, so I never miss a beat.

Anyway Im on a rant.... a good one but I gotta get ready for leg day today. Off to the gym.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Let's play a game called I SPY: Can you find me?  ;)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Still stalking I see, using pictures that others posted on facebook.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I take that McLovin guy is you...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Good god you're creepy.

SM

SM

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Oct 10, 2012, 10:44:35 PM

Second from the left.

BANE

BANE

I hope you don't feel too bad that that Zac Efron looking motherf**ker is getting all the pussy tonight.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 10, 2012, 11:24:02 PM
I take that McLovin guy is you...
Yep, that's me.

Quote from: SM on Oct 10, 2012, 11:50:19 PM

Second from the left.
Bingo.

SM

SM

Quote from: BANE on Oct 10, 2012, 11:52:58 PM

I hope you don't feel too bad that that Zac Efron looking motherf**ker is getting all the pussy tonight.

I thought the same thing.  :laugh:

I don't see no Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale.  Some extra up the back though...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed