Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 874,148 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Wow that's amazing. I love the detail. The map of the compound . The equipment,decals,flooring it's excellent.

5 Stars * * * * * !   8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That looks fantastic mate! Nice to see it all coming together so well.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: SNAFU84 on Aug 05, 2018, 06:33:44 AM
As soon as I find my headlamp, i'm gonna take some pictures under red light.  I have a small hole cut out in the blueprint table where Ripley is standing and I can put a white LED light inside to make it look like it has power.  Amazon should be delivering the last 2 battle damaged xeno's on Tuesday, then I can set up my service tunnel and corridor displays with the sentry guns.  With all 3 displays connected, it's gonna be about 6 feet long.  I might head over to TRU and see if they have anymore of the arcade xeno's to paint and add to the tunnel and corridor.  Thank god TRU survived bankruptcy in Canada.

More pictures please!  ;D

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Still workin' on a few idea's to fill in the blank spaces on the walls.  My printer has run out of ink, so now I have to start improvising.  I added a new desk for the sentry turret laptops and turned the other desk around to see the misc. equipment and added a vent with a little piece of window screening.  Can't really see it in the pictures but its on the left wall between Ripley and Gorman.  I took a no light picture with my headlamp providing the red light but it wasn't bright enough and my camera kind of sucks, so it doesn't really capture the essence of the scene very well, then i've got a low light pic just to showcase what the blueprint table looks like and then just another picture to see what it all looks like in a well lit area.

Minus the figures, I think i've spent about $300 CAD on all the materials to build all of the displays I have.  My main display took about a month of planning and building while the others only took a weekend of solid effort.  I was originally gonna just put all my figures on a small shelf behind my computer monitors and then I got hit with the go big or go home bug.  This all started with an innocent impulse buy.  I saw Vasquez on Amazon last summer and thought she would look cool on my desk at work.  365 days later, this is what i've become, lol.  If I get the Predator Bone Throne for my birthday, i'll begin building a Predator display, although i'm running out of wall space in my room to mount this stuff.  Then after that, i'll build a small display for my Robocop figures and Terminator figures. 

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, wow...  Looks fantastic!  Can't wait to see the final display.

-Windebieste.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Haha that's awesome, great work so far. I actually really like the red lighting added, it's a nice touch.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: SNAFU84 on Aug 06, 2018, 04:52:37 PM
Still workin' on a few idea's to fill in the blank spaces on the walls.  My printer has run out of ink, so now I have to start improvising.  I added a new desk for the sentry turret laptops and turned the other desk around to see the misc. equipment and added a vent with a little piece of window screening.  Can't really see it in the pictures but its on the left wall between Ripley and Gorman.  I took a no light picture with my headlamp providing the red light but it wasn't bright enough and my camera kind of sucks, so it doesn't really capture the essence of the scene very well, then i've got a low light pic just to showcase what the blueprint table looks like and then just another picture to see what it all looks like in a well lit area.

Minus the figures, I think i've spent about $300 CAD on all the materials to build all of the displays I have.  My main display took about a month of planning and building while the others only took a weekend of solid effort.  I was originally gonna just put all my figures on a small shelf behind my computer monitors and then I got hit with the go big or go home bug.  This all started with an innocent impulse buy.  I saw Vasquez on Amazon last summer and thought she would look cool on my desk at work.  365 days later, this is what i've become, lol.  If I get the Predator Bone Throne for my birthday, i'll begin building a Predator display, although i'm running out of wall space in my room to mount this stuff.  Then after that, i'll build a small display for my Robocop figures and Terminator figures. 

Amazing!
Question, what kind of lamp did you use for the red light? Trying to replicate that type of lighting myself and I really like how it turned out in your case.

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Quote from: Still Collating... on Aug 07, 2018, 09:41:34 AM
Quote from: SNAFU84 on Aug 06, 2018, 04:52:37 PM

Amazing!
Question, what kind of lamp did you use for the red light? Trying to replicate that type of lighting myself and I really like how it turned out in your case.

I had to use 2 headlamps because A) it's all I had and B) just one headlamp wouldn't light the whole display up.  Both have a red light mode.  Headlamp is the PrincetonTec Remix Pro and the other light was my Surefire HL.  You might be able to just use a bendy desk light with a red bulb. Or maybe a large MagLite with a colored lense.  If you don't want to sacrifice the clear lense of your flashlight, try cutting out a piece of blister packaging, color it with a red permanent marker or a regular marker and use that. 

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I get it now, thanks for the info!

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Just saw that NECA's releasing Ahab with the Engineer rifle. Tempted to buy because never made a custom but thought Galgo would be fun to start with.

Was thinking of Uncharted's Nathan Drake's head and Jungle Extraction Dutch torso to start...

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Good idea for a custom, I think that would work.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Still Collating... on Aug 17, 2018, 11:02:08 PM

Need to figure out how to come up with the red scarf he wears...

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 18, 2018, 01:52:44 AM

You could use a really old shirt you don't wear anymore.  Just cut it to the size you want.  Maybe poke a couple holes in it with a blunt object to make it look worn, instead of a clean cut. 

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: SNAFU84 on Aug 18, 2018, 02:07:54 AM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 18, 2018, 01:52:44 AM

You could use a really old shirt you don't wear anymore.  Just cut it to the size you want.  Maybe poke a couple holes in it with a blunt object to make it look worn, instead of a clean cut.

Ahh that's perfect!

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

That could work well, if you want, you could also try out Green Stuff for the scarf or other pieces of clothes? I've seen people use it for miniatures before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed